Sign in to follow this  

F1® 2020 First Look | Split-screen Gameplay

One. Last. Time. The final Virtual Grand Prix is here, and we’re marking the occasion with something special. Today, we’re focusing on F1® 2020’s new split-screen mode by showing off a three-lap race from Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, featuring Valtteri Bottas’ Mercedes and Lance Stroll’s Racing Point.

The Canadian Grand Prix has been a staple since the late ‘60s, and the race in Montreal has been a regular occurrence in the F1® calendar since the late ‘70s. With well-known features such as that last chicane by the Wall of Champions, and of course, groundhogs (which commentator Anthony Davidson unfortunately knows all about), the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is a firm fan favourite.

For more social play with your mates/sibling/rivals, two-player split-screen makes a welcome return to F1® 2020. We’ve captured this in-game, and the race doesn’t just show off split-screen, but also shows several corner adjustments and aesthetic changes made to the Montreal track.

This Sunday, F1® drivers, including George Russell (who’s looking to secure that Virtual Grand Prix Championship), return for the final Virtual Grand Prix on F1® 2019. You’ll be able to catch this all live on Sunday, 14th June from 5pm BST, with the F1® Esports Pro Exhibition race, before the Virtual Grand Prix gets underway at 6pm BST, on F1®’s YouTube channel.

Read more: https://www.formula1game.com/2020/new... 

Find out more and pre-order here: https://www.formula1game.com/2020/pre...

• Like 8

More of the car models are in. Looks like one player can use driving aids and other not. I like the "part of the track is cloudy and part is overcast" thing.

But why is Montreal so hazy? I always think of it as one of the brightest, most colourful places, here it looks like somewhere in industrial China! The haze/fog definitely adds to the realism, but only if it's similar to what you'd see at the real life event 😁

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Barry, I don't know if I'm thinking wrong, please tell me if I'm wrong, but I think the acceleration and braking bars need to be more highlighted for the player. Perhaps in terms of size compared to Dial & Mfd. Perhaps in terms of more notable colors, I don't know, but I think the accelerating and braking bars are very hidden, and these bars are essential for turning a curve perfectly. Some curves require only half or 75% acceleration, for example, and the player needs to see them at the time of the turn, especially those playing on the controller.

I took screens from these bars in F1 2019 and F1 2020 for comparison:

F1 2019:

2.JPG

F1 2020:

1.JPG.ef63da5af81091ebbb37dbce374bde96.JPG

Edited by Nick.Rufino

@BarryBL I would like to know if the cameras available in multiplayer will be just these and if they will be customizable