Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Project CARS 2 - rallycross & hillclimb!

I look at it like this. Sim and Arcade  used to be a million  miles apart from one another 15 - 20 years ago. But it is a fact, if you want to belive it or not. Due to mass sales of units by what ever company is making it. Sim and arcade are have been steadily getting closer over the years and the lines are now quite very close on some titles. It's all very subjective at the end of it all.

Codies has done a great job so far with Dirt rally it's a very well polished early access. One of the finest early access games I've played. Hopefully it will continue to go they way I think most of us want. But many of us have been here before and I'm sure we know it could all go up the swanee. 

Darhour said:
I was excited about the first one, then I just saw loads of videos of broken physics and reviews saying that the Xbox one version had completely different, and much worse handling than the others
Sure. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZLbf2hbvvc

Such physics, much realism
P stands for Pilot

Lool even this game has better crash physics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gBT8LdUeTM
inb4 too much ARCADE!!!1!

BeamNG Drive is fun! play it some time, just for fun, mainly crashing ofcourse, but yeah, I got Project Cars aswell, driving itself isn't too bad, sound is pretty good to be honest, but AI is broken, and indeed Physics isn't that spectacular, and I'm kinda shocked they announced a Project Cars 2, I personally think Project Cars 1 isn't even finished yet, I thought it was going to get more content.. I also don't see the point of announcing a Project Cars 2, they haven't finished 1 yet, anyway, for rallying I'll stick to Dirt Rally, I doubt any game will get close to it anyway.

Spokster said:
BeamNG Drive is fun! play it some time, just for fun, mainly crashing ofcourse, but yeah, I got Project Cars aswell, driving itself isn't too bad, sound is pretty good to be honest, but AI is broken, and indeed Physics isn't that spectacular, and I'm kinda shocked they announced a Project Cars 2, I personally think Project Cars 1 isn't even finished yet, I thought it was going to get more content.. I also don't see the point of announcing a Project Cars 2, they haven't finished 1 yet, anyway, for rallying I'll stick to Dirt Rally, I doubt any game will get close to it anyway.
Already did, it's pretty cool :) wishing DiRT Rally had this extensive damage model, but car manufacturers don't allow it apparently, that's why BeamNG has generic cars...

Anyway this website has some pics for the upcoming pCARS game: http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Project-CARS-2-announced-as-crowdfunding-commences

Rally car?

Picture doesn't say much, and doesn't even look like a rally car, looks like a normal Ford Focus with racing livery on it floating above a piece of dirt, if this is the kind of rally game they are going to make, I'm not impressed.

WRC 5 is shity aracde too have a watch gameplay from E:smile:
 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRF9qb7b44

also sebastian rally evo is shit too! Only DIRT!

TPJP said:

Anyway this website has some pics for the upcoming pCARS game: http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Project-CARS-2-announced-as-crowdfunding-commences

Rally car?

It's the fwd focus from the new pre alpha build of Pcars 2 on the test track in the game.

https://youtu.be/kWs9NgJ1RO4

Loool those Physics from that jump of the Evo, that's just sad.

Just looked at WRC 5, I kinda figured it was going to be bad, I played 3 and 4, it's horrible, the first FIA WRC World Rally Championship on the PS2 was better then the WRC trash games of today, for shame, the WRC games on the PS2 were great fun.

lol, yes. The devs have said not to pay any attention to the build released today as the jump physics are terrible.

The rest are not great either, but will see how it progresses along.

Evilsmurf said:

lol, yes. The devs have said not to pay any attention to the build released today as the jump physics are terrible.

If they want to build a rally game, they need a new engine, physics on current engine don't go well with rally.

That crash at the end lol...Not impressed so far, but that's literaly the first build right? They have so much to improve.

Spokster said:
 I personally think Project Cars 1 isn't even finished yet, I thought it was going to get more content.. 
It isn't, and it is. Today's announcement doesn't change either of those things.

Spokster said:
Evilsmurf said:

If they want to build a rally game, they need a new engine, physics on current engine don't go well with rally.
They are simply finishing what they have been failing at by pumping out their dear clients' money.

I haven't played pCARS enough to judge it very well, but to me it seemed quite good. It heavily depended on what car I've played as the feeling of how authentic or realistic it all seemed really changed between some cars and classes.

Then again announcing a crowd-funding campaign so soon after a surely profitable release of the first one, and from what I hear quite a buggy product, is Slightly Mad...

I have no experience in their Early Access programme and how they've taken the feedback onboard, but voices on this forum suggest they're not that good at receiving constructive criticism.

Even though I'm excited to see another developer go after loose surface racing I'm most likely to stay away and wait until release. Especially since the cheapest buy-in is £50...

By the looks of it, they've got a long way to go. And surely they must have made a fair bit of cash from the last release? I can't see how they can justify crowd funding this so early, and at a cheapest of £50? Seems ridiculous to me, and I can't imagine why anyone would spend that so soon after they released the first one

I was excited about the first one, then I just saw loads of videos of broken physics and reviews saying that the Xbox one version had completely different, and much worse handling than the others
Ditto for me. I understand the PC version is good, but I have read a lot of negative comments for the console version which has really put me off. 

No harm in a bit of competition though, just need CM to bring DiRT Rally to console so they can set a benchmark for how rally and rallycross should be done. ;)

Wow the ignorance & pure nonsense waffled in this thread about pCars is sooo thick !
if you knew about pcars and some of the BS they have pulled making the first game you would know why. also why what is said is mostly true about the dire game.

business side they were investigated over dubious methods by various official groups.this happened a few times over they're very dodgy sales methods.

gameplay went from great to terrible. physics were and are still broken. every week in out for nearly 3 years people would point this out. even people like the stig lol said it. was the handling ever fixed = no. many cars handle badly.

then there was also the silencing method they used to out anyone with a voice.

on forums you made a post they didn't agree with often you were banned or removed from the game and refunded instantly. no warning. they also deleted edited threads on topics. i had that happen to me on a topic where i suggested some minor improvement suggestions. there was nothing wrong with the content and no one was being pointed at. my post was locked after they didn't agree a mod edited what i posted to what he wanted shown LOL and then i was instantly refunded removed.

my friend responded to a article asking about handling fixes. no reply given and instantly removed and refunded.no notice just removed.

quite a common practice over at project cars. also someone i know had a higher package. he wasn't happy with the progress and it was always promised if you were not happy with progression of the game you could have a refund. when he asked for the refund they wouldn't give him it ! lol

could write so many instances of people annoyed and wrong by them with proof but honestly its not worth it. they make shit games that are broke and look pretty decent graphically.

as for a rally game with their handling physics just lol .

as for getting crowd funding again :D they were investigated had to change their business methods numerous times i guess this will probably happen again.why do they need crowd funding again when they just released a supposedly big selling game ?

also they are supposed to be giving people back money who invested in the first game from their magically profit system :D

cant believe anyone would consider buying in on any of their projects.

read some here. there are many articles on their dodgy behavior.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-18-driving-ambition-pcars-crowdfunding-and-the-fsa

This is also an entertaining article:
http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/06/the-community-assisted-review-of-project-cars/

dgeesi0 said:
Wow the ignorance & pure nonsense waffled in this thread about pCars is sooo thick !
if you knew about pcars and some of the BS they have pulled making the first game you would know why. also why what is said is mostly true about the dire game.

business side they were investigated over dubious methods by various official groups.this happened a few times over they're very dodgy sales methods.

gameplay went from great to terrible. physics were and are still broken. every week in out for nearly 3 years people would point this out. even people like the stig lol said it. was the handling ever fixed = no. many cars handle badly.

then there was also the silencing method they used to out anyone with a voice.

on forums you made a post they didn't agree with often you were banned or removed from the game and refunded instantly. no warning. they also deleted edited threads on topics. i had that happen to me on a topic where i suggested some minor improvement suggestions. there was nothing wrong with the content and no one was being pointed at. my post was locked after they didn't agree a mod edited what i posted to what he wanted shown LOL and then i was instantly refunded removed.

my friend responded to a article asking about handling fixes. no reply given and instantly removed and refunded.no notice just removed.

quite a common practice over at project cars. also someone i know had a higher package. he wasn't happy with the progress and it was always promised if you were not happy with progression of the game you could have a refund. when he asked for the refund they wouldn't give him it ! lol

could write so many instances of people annoyed and wrong by them with proof but honestly its not worth it. they make shit games that are broke and look pretty decent graphically.

as for a rally game with their handling physics just lol .

as for getting crowd funding again :D they were investigated had to change their business methods numerous times i guess this will probably happen again.why do they need crowd funding again when they just released a supposedly big selling game ?

also they are supposed to be giving people back money who invested in the first game from their magically profit system :D

cant believe anyone would consider buying in on any of their projects.

read some here. there are many articles on their dodgy behavior.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-18-driving-ambition-pcars-crowdfunding-and-the-fsa

Had I known about that, I wouldn't have bought PCARS. I'd never support such practices. Got it on release, assuming a game that was so long under development involving the community could only be good and was heavily disappointed. Unlike others around here I think the physics are okay, ffb is only good thanks to Jack Spades Tweaker files, AI is meh but what most annoyed me is the lack of cars in each class. Others may not care, but I would have preferred way fewer classes but all sorts of cars within each class covered instead. Well, my fault I didn't inform myself properly before buying.

This is also an entertaining article:
http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/06/the-community-assisted-review-of-project-cars/

lol im featured in that article :D. didn't even know about it but its pretty bang on.

tbtstt said:
Ditto for me. I understand the PC version is good, but I have read a lot of negative comments for the console version which has really put me off. 
It's good, but it's not that good. Even post-apparently-rushed-despite-all-the-delays-release, their QA still seems rather suspect too, e.g. their latest patch introduces a bug (on all platforms, I believe, but certainly on PC) where after a mandatory pitstop your new tyres are burning up and impossible to drive on, making career mode pretty much unplayable at the moment.