Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Project CARS 2 - rallycross & hillclimb!

It seems that now more sims are looking into loose surface racing... ;] 

https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/613191373735399425?s=09

https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/613202335280463873?s=09

I think Dirt Rally will be better anyway, they are in the business way longer :smiley: 

So, right now, right after having spent God knows how much over the past four years to receive a poor quality game, they expect you to pay at least another £50, and all you receive is a straight piece of road with a jump in the middle? Complete joke

dgeesi0 said:
my post was locked after they didn't agree a mod edited what i posted to what he wanted shown LOL and then i was instantly refunded removed.

my friend responded to a article asking about handling fixes. no reply given and instantly removed and refunded.no notice just removed.

quite a common practice over at project cars. also someone i know had a higher package. he wasn't happy with the progress and it was always promised if you were not happy with progression of the game you could have a refund. when he asked for the refund they wouldn't give him it ! lol
He should have posted something critical on their forum then ;)

So, right now, right after having spent God knows how much over the past four years to receive a poor quality game, they expect you to pay at least another £50, and all you receive is a straight piece of road with a jump in the middle? Complete joke
If there were a prize for the number of ways you could misrepresent an actual situation in a single sentence, you probably just nailed it :)

- Crowd funding is not a shop, it's an investment with the hope of receiving a final product at the end of it. You might get nothing at all, including not getting your money back; it happens. If you paid any more than the final retail price for pCars, then you bought into that idea with your eyes open.
- Nobody expects you to pay anything more for Project Cars. They're still going to work on it and update it. If you now want to crowd fund one of their other projects, that's up to you, and entirely optional.
- Seriously, you think anyone who's already chosen to donate to pCars 2 is genuinely pissed off that, less than a week in and two or three years out from release, all they've got for their money so far is a tiny bit of demo code?

No, you receive all development builds for the next few years. I'm someone who paid the basic membership last time and the game hasn't turned out how I would like; I never expected to get the money back though and I found it very interesting and glad I spent it. I won't be paying £50 because the initial announcement doesn't really excite me; it seems to be diversifying rather than perfecting.

That said, there are plenty enjoying the game now that I would understand paying to be involved. Assuming the 'investment' model is the same and the sales campaign is as successful, the money will come back eventually anyway.

If there were a prize for the number of ways you could misrepresent an actual situation in a single sentence, you probably just nailed it :)

- Crowd funding is not a shop, it's an investment with the hope of receiving a final product at the end of it. You might get nothing at all, including not getting your money back; it happens. If you paid any more than the final retail price for pCars, then you bought into that idea with your eyes open.
- Nobody expects you to pay anything more for Project Cars. They're still going to work on it and update it. If you now want to crowd fund one of their other projects, that's up to you, and entirely optional.
- Seriously, you think anyone who's already chosen to donate to pCars 2 is genuinely pissed off that, less than a week in and two or three years out from release, all they've got for their money so far is a tiny bit of demo code?
Yeah I know how it works, I'm basically just saying that after how bad they seemed to have treated people and their money during the last one, plus the money they must have made on release, it seems a bit insulting to ask for £50 a few weeks later for basically nothing, just a straight piece of road and bad physics. What if in four years time the game still has the same jump physics?

dgeesi0 said:

read some here. there are many articles on their dodgy behavior.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-18-driving-ambition-pcars-crowdfunding-and-the-fsa

Thanks for posting that link. That is both a fascinating and horrifying read: cannot believe the amount of money that some people have thrown at PCars. Regardless of the quality of the game, reading the circumstances behind its inception now make me very reluctant to buy it. 

tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:

read some here. there are many articles on their dodgy behavior.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-18-driving-ambition-pcars-crowdfunding-and-the-fsa

Thanks for posting that link. That is both a fascinating and horrifying read: cannot believe the amount of money that some people have thrown at PCars. Regardless of the quality of the game, reading the circumstances behind its inception now make me very reluctant to buy it. 
Over the years I read updates on pCARS on sites such as VirtualR and VVV and was very impressed with the visuals and quite impressed with gameplay videos.

I had absolutely no idea what was going on behind the scenes and how the crowdsourcing arrangement was supposed to work. (not sure how I've not found about it before...)

At one point, when I got a PC last year, I wanted to sign up, but the sign-ups were closed. Now I know why...

I really hope Slightly Mad don't screw over the passionate fan-base and people who 'invested' their hard earned money. That would forever damage a promising concept.
And with such high potential return on investment ratios there's something to fight for...

It seems that now more sims are looking into loose surface racing... ;] 

https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/613191373735399425?s=09

https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/613202335280463873?s=09
If they are adding this to AC, they are the only ones I have some confidence in producing a somewhat realistic handling game.  I like they are open to the mod community and I think they have there heart in the game like the DiRT team does.  They also seem to listen, though I'm not on their forums nearly as I am here.  Physics will always be relative so I can only compare to my own driving, both games are getting pretty close in different ways.