Sign in to follow this  

F1 2020 My Team Engine Supplier Idea

@BarryBL

I know that it's too late to implement but maybe in next year game.

It would be fun if we could pick porsche, audi, bmw, toyota etc. as engine supplier in My Team not only merc, ferrari, honda, renault, cuz it would make epic comback of toyota team to F1 or BMW comback. It would be great if this would be possible in next year game 

Check out aarava mydriver on YouTube 👍

doubt codemasters can put it in because they dont have  licences for those engine suppliers 

4 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

Check out aarava mydriver on YouTube 👍

doubt codemasters can put it in because they dont have  licences for those engine suppliers 

I'm watching it and I love it, that's why I asked about enigne suppilers that aren't in the grid right now, Yea I know that it's most likely not possible but here's hoping

Why add other manufacturers although they are not represented in F1. You can't take Opel as a supplier if it doesn't exist.

2 hours ago, SALTBoneSteak said:

Why add other manufacturers although they are not represented in F1. You can't take Opel as a supplier if it doesn't exist.

Your team is also not existing so why not add not existent engine suplliers 

• Like 1

Why not be allowed to build your power unit in house? Call it what you want and add another level of difficulty?

• Like 2

No way that they will do that! (Having suppliers like audi and porsche)

The reason is simple: license issues. Codies just cannot pick whatever suppliers they like. First off, the license they have only grant them to use the official teams and drivers (and maybe some made up ones as well).

If they would take Audi, Toyota and so on onboard, it would be impossible to make all parties agree with that. First off, Audi, Toyota would have to agree, and why would they? They're not in F1 at the moment and it would only enlarge the fact that they aren't present in F1 at the moment. Bad pr.

Second, why would a team like Mercedes or Renault allow that? Those teams won't want a team just to come in and steal some of their exposure while not having to actually be present in the sport.

(Oh and btw, at the moment engines of Audi cars are all just rebranded VW engines anyway.)

Building an inhouse on the other hand, looks to be a possibility for sure I would say.

• Agree 1

more than likely impossible due to licencing BMW, Audi and Toyota arent going to licence their name to a series they arent a part of and it would probably upset the real engine suppliers.

Being able to create your own fictional Engine would be cool, especially if the other teams on the grid could approach you for an engine deal to bring in more income (although I suspect having a “Ferrari-Your engine name here” Trundling round the track might run into licensing issues)

Given how much the engines cost to develop it may not be an option till your 3rd or 4th year, and then the growing pains, but it would be fun.