Jump to content Jump to content

Custum car v/s Official car.

Is the Official car with the same game setup faster than the Custum car I use. What is the advantage of an Official car compared to a Custum car. My average duel score is about 65% wins with a custum car and is it an advantage to purchase an Official car.

Before the last update the McLaren was clearly the faster car, I've got the Red Bull and it handles better than the custom car. Since the update I'm not asure which is better or whether there are any differences.

The best thing about having an official car is that you can you enter some other events. 

On 6/15/2020 at 12:46 AM, Game4ce said:

That is what I wanted too know! But why does codemasters do not make the Offical car slightly better so we have benefit of it?

Right now the official cars are just reskinned custom cars until they have a better idea on the real 2020 cars.

2 minutes ago, Game4ce said:

Thanks all for the info.....I got the Redbull car now and entered the Official cars event and I think the car handling is slightly better than the Custem car.

I got the Red Bull last year and the handling was definitely better than the custom car but I've not compared them since the update. 

The official team event is pretty cool and on some good circuits. 

I asked to codemasters and the answer was that now all the official car and custom car design are the same in accordance with f1 2020 regulation. but later it will be updated with each makers specification and design afrer f1 season start. so its better to get your favorite official car when you have a chance. looking forward so much the update.  i have red bull by paid but accumulate CR for AMG.  

On 6/24/2020 at 4:19 PM, Robinnngo said:

I asked to codemasters and the answer was that now all the official car and custom car design are the same in accordance with f1 2020 regulation. but later it will be updated with each makers specification and design afrer f1 season start. so its better to get your favorite official car when you have a chance. looking forward so much the update.  i have red bull by paid but accumulate CR for AMG.  

So what you're saying is that official cars WILL have a performance upper hand than custom cars? And AMG/Ferrari/RBR will be better than Williams/Haas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 4:11 AM, mobileracingfan said:

I'm staring to like the McLaren again.  It seems faster than the custom after the update.  I reached ~240mph with DRS after the hairpin at Spa.

I went back to the custom car.  They fixed the McLaren rocket after the update.  Now there's no difference in speed just difference in handling.

Archived