Canada is a time penalty waiting to happen

Am I the only idiot here who during the Weekly Event race, held off getting a 3 second time penalty until lap 17 lol. I think this one is a track where penalties will be handed out like they're cards at a bingo hall. Everyone gets one

21 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

Am I the only idiot here who during the Weekly Event race, held off getting a 3 second time penalty until lap 17 lol. I think this one is a track where penalties will be handed out like they're cards at a bingo hall. Everyone gets one

It’s a track that is notoriously easy to corner cut. There’s only 4 corners on the circuit you can’t really cut

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

man i get first and only penalty in lap 16
it is very hard to not cut corners 

I thought about going again, I want to go again but I think the smart thing to do is stick with my score. My gut tells me the faster people try to go, the more likely they are to make mistakes and get time penalties. I know I'm capable of going faster but I think the fact that it is so easy to rack up warnings on this track makes the decision to stick with what I got easier. P14 as of right now (PS4) the last 2 races I haven't moved. Fingers crossed lol 🤞

• Agree 1

Mike, if you already have a result, don't risk NM14. 😉

Other than that, I was also shocked to get two 3-second-penalties. It was weird because I've played Canada in ranked play and didn't have that kind of problems with penalties. No idea what was different this time. Also, I think that I got warnings and my subsequent penalties when I did NOT cut the chicane before start/finish, but in some laps, I believe to have made a mistake and actually DID cut the corner, but did NOT get a warning. Makes me wonder: What DOES the game actually see as corner cutting in the cicane before start/finish in Canada?!? It's a bit of a mystery to me. (Also, my steering felt awkwardly unresponsive today...)

11 hours ago, Mike5500 said:

I thought about going again, I want to go again but I think the smart thing to do is stick with my score. My gut tells me the faster people try to go, the more likely they are to make mistakes and get time penalties. I know I'm capable of going faster but I think the fact that it is so easy to rack up warnings on this track makes the decision to stick with what I got easier. P14 as of right now (PS4) the last 2 races I haven't moved. Fingers crossed lol 🤞

i did go on safe side not risk to much,i would lose more than gain 

I decided to go again after waking up and seeing I was in P29. I bettered my overall time by just over 7 seconds and the only warning I got was on the last lap on the chicane on purpose. I did a little corner cut to gain some tenths. Currently P18. Kudos to the people ahead of me if any of you read this. It's a tough track to be fast and clean on.