Sign in to follow this  

F1 2020 Car Handling

First they better not change back...

Second i would love for Codemasters to come forward and specifically address what has changed and how it will affect handling/gameplay, but don't think they will.

• Agree 1

If a real F1 driver thinks the handling is very good, no matter what CM can say, no?

• Agree 3

Agreed, hope they don’t change it back. TRL Limitless said he’s played preview builds before that have felt good and they’ve changed it to something else when the game gets released. 

feedback on the handling has been positive so far so fingers crossed 🤞🏾 it’s stable. 

19 minutes ago, Tomi1997 said:

Agreed, hope they don’t change it back. TRL Limitless said he’s played preview builds before that have felt good and they’ve changed it to something else when the game gets released. 

feedback on the handling has been positive so far so fingers crossed 🤞🏾 it’s stable. 

I dont think they will lee replied to a tweet about Russels positive feedback so I think they are confident with it this year especially with the new assists that help with handling for people who struggle with it

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ByteF1 said:

I dont think they will lee replied to a tweet about Russels positive feedback so I think they are confident with it this year especially with the new assists that help with handling for people who struggle with it

Lee Mathers tweet:

"Fantastic to hear @GeorgeRussell63 talking so positively about the improvements we've made to the handling model in F1 2020. It's thanks to feedback from the drivers that we've been able to confirm our direction is right this year."

That conversation between Perez and Russell was cool, because Russell has figured out F1 2019, he won every race for more than a month now, and he was talking to Perez who isn't super experienced in F1 2019 and (suppousedly) just tried to drive like he would his F1 car and struggled a lot("couldn't turn the car", i assume that's all the understeer F1 2019 decided to inherently dial in) .

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, LChaves01 said:

That conversation between Perez and Russell was cool, because Russell has figured out F1 2019, he won every race for more than a month now, and he was talking to Perez who isn't super experienced in F1 2019 and (suppousedly) just tried to drive like he would his F1 car and struggled a lot("couldn't turn the car", i assume that's all the understeer F1 2019 decided to inherently dial in) .

Interesting that. Perez saying he couldn't turn the car. I hope with added levels of down force, they've also had a look at the understeer

On 6/15/2020 at 6:56 AM, Tomi1997 said:

Interesting that. Perez saying he couldn't turn the car. I hope with added levels of down force, they've also had a look at the understeer

Absolutely, Codemasters really overshot the mark in 2019 with the understeer(in the previous years we had the weight distribution setting, that was really overpowered, and backwards, to achieve the desired balance), they expected the changes to the FW to create a lot understeer(honestly bad interpreation of the rules, changes were to stop outwash, not downforce from the front wing itself) but it didn't, teams got on top of it quite quickly.

Truth is F1 cars are balanced, even if the drivers are screaming "i have too much under/oversteer", what we see is constant balancing, slight understeer can turn into slight oversteer with a quick  steering input, this "dancing" around the limit is what makes them interesting.   

• Like 1

i hope that it is not to easy to master now.

15 minutes ago, iosis said:

i hope that it is not to easy to master now.

F1 games aren't easy for arcade players, i know this from watching my cousin and step brother(both looked at the steering mounted and wanted to have a go) even with auto gears, ABS, and my tips... couldn't figure out and got bored quickly...

They are kinda easy for people who have been playing it for years.

To be honest i think F1 2019 lives in this weird place where it's too hard for people to pick up and play(casual mode might take care of that in 2020) and kind of frustrating for hardcore players (i consider myself one), where with F1 2019 i have to force myself to drive differently than any other sim out there, it feels unnatural, wrong and frustrating...

I don't expect the entry bar(to no helps mode) to be any higher, should be about the same... what i expect/hope for is more depth and less frustration the higher/deeper you go.

The traditional conundrum. Make the game better for diehard fans or more appealing to pick up new or more casual fans. I am for easier driveability and more fun. My son for more realism and challenge. 

I think "hardcore mode", so to speak, can be more hardcore and challenging, people we are talking at this tier/level are experienced enough, have played this and other games for years and years.

I won't complain about a "casual mode" being introduced, doesn't change my life one bit... but what's the point of making simulation + no driving aids easier? Not hurting the feelings of guys who think they are awesome but aren't quite there(yet)? More competitive MP (doesn't really work imo)? 

3 hours ago, LChaves01 said:

To be honest i think F1 2019 lives in this weird place where it's too hard for people to pick up and play(casual mode might take care of that in 2020) and kind of frustrating for hardcore players (i consider myself one), where with F1 2019 i have to force myself to drive differently than any other sim out there, it feels unnatural, wrong and frustrating...

I don't expect the entry bar(to no helps mode) to be any higher, should be about the same... what i expect/hope for is more depth and less frustration the higher/deeper you go.

Hopefully the arcade mode is now the finished product for the entry level - and the Codemasters folks can get to fully implementing all the F1 drivers' suggestions - and finally add telemetry. I also wish they were saying more about the driving physics and what they are doing. Having said that - given the mirror and George Russell's comments - I am inclined to pre-order. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Indeed the lockdown period and subsequently the virtual GP championship with real Formula drivers has been an amazing source of feedback for CM. Hopefully it will push the F1 Game a step forwards in terms of handling and realism.

I’m coming from iRacing where I missed a modern F1 car. Recently on ACC and I love it so far. I will certainly strive to improve in the GT category. So fun and spot on in every domain. 

But I’m definitely really looking forward to driving the next F1 Game (first one I bought since the beginning of the series in 2010)...

Pre-ordered by now. 😎

Go on CM!!!

Edited by Oli Prenten