Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

More Cancelled GP Races

There is talk of reviving Mugello, Imola and Hokenheimring.  So this begs the question, if these impromptu tracks make onto the calendar as a stopgap, will we see them in the game and will this case a delay in the game's release date??

Just now, FOneFanatic said:

There is talk of reviving Mugello, Imola and Hokenheimring.  So this begs the question, if these impromptu tracks make onto the calendar as a stopgap, will we see them in the game and will this case a delay in the game's release date??

No, it won't. They just wouldn't be added at all probably.

21 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

No, it won't. They just wouldn't be added at all probably.

It would be a real problem to have an “official” F1 2020 game where you couldn’t enact the actual 2020 season!

I think they would have to add them, albeit they obviously wont be there at release date.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

It would be a real problem to have an “official” F1 2020 game where you couldn’t enact the actual 2020 season!

I think they would have to add them, albeit they obviously wont be there at release date.

I don't think thats how (Codemasters' F1) game development goes. Also, Lee has stated a couple of times already they would not be able to get new tracks into the game:

https://www.racefans.net/2020/05/18/f1-2020-could-get-real-season-patch-when-final-calendar-is-set/

Posted (edited)

Simply not good enough if they don’t.
Like i say, absolutely understand they wont be there at release, how can they be, but to be the official 2020 game they will have to patch them in.

I really dont see they have any choice. Surely they have to scrap the F2 update and anything and everything else they are working ok, and get the actual tracks in the game as a priority.

Edited by kalamazoo123
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Simply good enough if they don’t.
Like i say, absolutely understand they wont be there at release, how can they be, but to be the official 2020 game they will have to patch them in.

I really dont see they have any choice. Surely they have to scrap the F2 update and anything and everything else they are working ok, and get the actual tracks in the game as a priority.

They have been working on the game for nearly 2 years with no knowledge of coronavirus happening so couldn’t predict the changes. Also the F2 update will be included regardless as it is licensed.

• Like 1

So are all the tracks used this season surely if it’s the official game!

Like i said, i know they can’t possibly get them ready for launch - even if it didn’t take long to make a track the calendar may not even be finalised bu then. We will have to wait undoubtably but my point is that they must be patched in at some point.

25 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Like i said, i know they can’t possibly get them ready for launch - even if it didn’t take long to make a track the calendar may not even be finalised bu then. We will have to wait undoubtably but my point is that they must be patched in at some point.

I don’t think it will as Lee Mather has confirmed that previously as it’s taken a lot of time to get Zandvoort and Hanoi in the game. This would then impact the ability for game fixes to be picked up quickly should they be needed

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

lee mather has said it takes 1 year of man power to make a new track from scratch so any tracks they dont already have a model of wont be added at a later date, if we get a race at germany this could be added but for example mugello or imola wont be added 

if you think it isnt good enough then you are just being unreasonable tbh  

Edited by cearp8858
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 4

7 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

lee mather has said it takes 1 year of man power to make a new track from scratch so any tracks they dont already have a model of wont be added at a later date, if we get a race at germany this could be added but for example mugello or imola wont be added 

if you think it isnt good enough then you are just being unreasonable tbh  

I think imola is a different story as the track has been in the game previously so they could update the model that they have although this would be difficult.

1 minute ago, cpayne32 said:

I think imola is a different story as the track has been in the game previously so they could update the model that they have although this would be difficult.

Imola last held a race in 2006, codemasters wont have a Accurate Recent track model for imola, Yes it was in 2013 but is 7 years out of date and will probably still need a lot of work to be a usable track at any point in 2020 life cycle 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, cearp8858 said:

Imola last held a race in 2006, codemasters wont have a Accurate Recent track model for imola, Yes it was in 2013 but is 7 years out of date and will probably still need a lot of work to be a usable track at any point in 2020 life cycle 

I did expect that which is why I said it would be difficult or even not possible

On 6/14/2020 at 11:15 PM, cearp8858 said:

The layout is also different as it was a classic Imola.

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2020 at 10:34 PM, kalamazoo123 said:

I reckon it depends on outside help to speed thing's up a bit. Getting it ready for launch is impossible. They have had help with an F1 game before. There's no reason it can't happen again. As the official F1 game I see they have little or no choice plus some mid season DLC would be nice. See what happens in time I suppose.   

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 1

On 6/14/2020 at 3:09 PM, Tigergrow said:

I don't think thats how (Codemasters' F1) game development goes. Also, Lee has stated a couple of times already they would not be able to get new tracks into the game:

https://www.racefans.net/2020/05/18/f1-2020-could-get-real-season-patch-when-final-calendar-is-set/

I didn't think adding new improvised tracks would be possible post game release, after all this is a strange F1 starter year if any! At any rate if for the business of F1 they have to add tracks to the calendar not  in the game, that can be overlooked as the FOM is trying to recoup business lost due to CV.  That said, if improvised tracks do make it onto the calendar, they should be included in F1 2021 as "improv 2020 tracks in multiplayer and Time trial mode. 

6 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

I didn't think adding new improvised tracks would be possible post game release, after all this is a strange F1 starter year if any! At any rate if for the business of F1 they have to add tracks to the calendar not  in the game, that can be overlooked as the FOM is trying to recoup business lost due to CV.  That said, if improvised tracks do make it onto the calendar, they should be included in F1 2021 as "improv 2020 tracks in multiplayer and Time trial mode. 

they could do something like 2015 where you could play in career mode the f12014 season and f12015 so they could do something like that for f12021

• Agree 1