'All races finished'

I am quite new to Multiplayer events and after looking on the forums I know this has been discussed before, but without an answer. 

I went to complete in the Multiplayer event tonight, planning to race at 11pm. On the screen it says that the event ends in 6 hours.....but that all races are finished? Why can't I race?

2020-06-14.png

It depends where you live in the World. For Example, I live in Canada, Ontario to be exact. The races I can enter are from 12pm EST to 9pm EST. Saturday and Sunday. The clear answer is you were late to the show. It will tell you when the first races start and when the next ones are available to enter for your location. When it says all races finished it just means they are finished in your part of the World, not everywhere.

• Agree 1

There is always a 9 hour window each day to race in your region, for me in Germany it's 12-21 CET. 

But as @Mike5500 said that window is different for each region/time zone.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for explaining it guys. At least I now know for future events.

Edited by TrevorLongden
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, TrevorLongden said:

Thanks for explaining it guys. At least I now know for future events.

The best thing to do is enter an earlier race so that way if you crash or just have a poor showing, you have plenty of time to redeem yourself. Just remember... once you enter a new race, your score will be wiped away so if you don't do better you will probably be kicking yourself. The main chunk of the score is how fast you complete the race so consistency is key. Good luck and glad we could help 👊

Do you have a crystal ball? 😲

I raced at lunch time but had to make an extra pit stop. I thought I could do better so raced again a couple of hours later only to be rammed into the wall at turn two on the 1st lap🤬. Unfortunately, I couldn't get back to racing until 11pm - when I saw the 'All races finished'. 

Lesson learned. 👍😊

One other newbie question, if you don't mind, is grid position based on the qualifying time you do?

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

Do you have a crystal ball? 😲

I raced at lunch time but had to make an extra pit stop. I thought I could do better so raced again a couple of hours later only to be rammed into the wall at turn two on the 1st lap🤬. Unfortunately, I couldn't get back to racing until 11pm - when I saw the 'All races finished'. 

Lesson learned. 👍😊

One other newbie question, if you don't mind, is grid position based on the qualifying time you do?

Thanks.

Yes it is, when you qualify P120 for example, and you have one guy who qualified P23 and another who qualified P150 the other is, order will be:

P1 - P23 

P2 - P120

P3 - P150

And it continues like this.

So does ability come into it anywhere? If I qualify P1200....could I theoretically be up against P1, P2 and P3?

Yes you could, weirdly enough the matchmaking doesn't seem to be based on quali positions, it does rather on Skill rating (like Gold/Silver) as well as Safety Rating

• Thanks 1

You can get lucky sometimes and be the only one in the race besides the AI. If so, take advantage. Happened to me 3 times. I usually have pole in my races so it really doesn't give me an advantage in terms of having to race people. I used to think I didn't earn those points in an empty lobby but now I realize it would have ended up the same in a full lobby. I find myself winning by 20 plus seconds even in a full lobby. For context, in Canada I qualified 45th overall. Even if the lobby is empty, you still have to be skilled to have quick, clean laps. Consistency is key

• Thanks 1

OK - so it is just the luck of the draw. At the risk of going off topic, can I ask a couple more beginner's questions if you don't mind? 1. The AI cars - do they act like ghosts? Can you drive through them and they through you? 2. Mike, how do you get your avatar to show on your posts? I have looked thinking that perhaps it was something I have to do in my profile but if it is there I can't see it. 

28 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

OK - so it is just the luck of the draw. At the risk of going off topic, can I ask a couple more beginner's questions if you don't mind? 1. The AI cars - do they act like ghosts? Can you drive through them and they through you? 2. Mike, how do you get your avatar to show on your posts? I have looked thinking that perhaps it was something I have to do in my profile but if it is there I can't see it. 

I'm not Mike, but I can help you with #2 :classic_smile:

On the top right, click on your username to open dropdown menu. From there click on first option (Profile). New page will open. There on the left you should see your username and "Profile photo". When you click on profile photo it will give you option to upload or use URL for picture you want to use.

35 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

1. The AI cars - do they act like ghosts? Can you drive through them and they through you?

No, they do not ghost when you are racing them, they work like offline, you have to battle with them and can touch them

However, should you get as far as lapping them, they ghost for you, but that's only when lapping them and also lapping user players.

Xander, thanks for that. I have no idea how I missed it. Thank you again.

ReimvomSchleim, That is good information to know. Thanks.