Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 suddenly brakes

Hello, I am experiencing the following problem:

Playing F1, my car suddently brakes, and I have to push full the brake to release it.

Ple, could someone help me with this issue?

9 hours ago, criptero said:

Hello, I am experiencing the following problem:

Playing F1, my car suddently brakes, and I have to push full the brake to release it.

Ple, could someone help me with this issue?

Can you give me some more information? On which platform do you play F1 and which accessories do you use for it? Then maybe I can help you.

17 hours ago, Machtkarton3525 said:

Can you give me some more information? On which platform do you play F1 and which accessories do you use for it? Then maybe I can help you.

Steam, Logitech wheel. It's in the post history Watson, do keep up man. 😎

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@criptero I also had a Logitech steering wheel for a while.

1. With the pedals it is very important that you always keep them clean, maybe there has accumulated some dirt and then triggered this problem. If you clean the pedals, I recommend you to watch a Tutorial on YouTube, because you have to be very careful so that you don't damage cables.

If this solution didn't help,

2. I can recommend you to check the F1 main menu for the calibration of your steering wheel, maybe something has changed in the brake settings.

And finally,

3. I can recommend you to check out the Logitech Gaming Software. Try to reset the software to its default settings. Maybe you've had a mistake beforehand, which changed the brakes that led to this problem.

I hope I could help you a little bit further.

Edited by Machtkarton3525
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Machtkarton3525 said:

@criptero I also had a Logitech steering wheel for a while.

1. With the pedals it is very important that you always keep them clean, maybe there has accumulated some dirt and then triggered this problem. If you clean the pedals, I recommend you to watch a Tutorial on YouTube, because you have to be very careful so that you don't damage cables.

If this solution didn't help,

2. I can recommend you to check the F1 main menu for the calibration of your steering wheel, maybe something has changed in the brake settings.

And finally,

3. I can recommend you to check out the Logitech Gaming Software. Try to reset the software to its default settings. Maybe you've had a mistake beforehand, which changed the brakes that led to this problem.

I hope I could help you a little bit further.

I agree with most of this. However, I can tell you that LGS is abandonware. If you use only LGS and it works then fine.

G25/G27 and earlier (e.g. DFGT, Momo etc.) uses LGS 5.10 

G29/G920 uses LGS 9.02

but Logitech recommend GHub - if you have GHub for any other Logitech peripheral I would recommend uninstalling LGS 9.02 (or LGS 8.xx). GHub does not support the G25/G27 and earlier so might coexist.

GHub updates the FFB dll and will conflict with LGS.