Jump to content Jump to content

Dirt rally doesn't save my presets

DoriT

The game saved some of the controller settings when I first started the game, but will not save any more. It's extremely annoying to have to set all my controls every time I start the game, which is very often considering the amount of times this game has crashed on me.
Hello,
I too have problems of setup. Sometimes the protected setup are imposible to register, either is indicated none setup while a part of setup is taken into account but not all or then are some as i had registered them and others are changed.
Sorry for my English.
  • 2 weeks later...
Same here. I have a G27 with TH8A shifter and a separate button box. I use the keyboard profile and customise it. The key mappings and all profiles are gone when I restart the game.

Sometimes they are saved, but usually they are gone. And even when they seem to be saved when I restart the game once, the next time I start the game they are gone.

It seems to me that most of the people having this problem are using multiple controllers, i.e. G27+TH8A, or non-supported controllers.

This has to be resolved soon, controller setup being bugged like this is amateur night!
  • 2 weeks later...
Same here. I have a G27 with TH8A shifter and a separate button box. I use the keyboard profile and customise it. The key mappings and all profiles are gone when I restart the game.

Sometimes they are saved, but usually they are gone. And even when they seem to be saved when I restart the game once, the next time I start the game they are gone.

It seems to me that most of the people having this problem are using multiple controllers, i.e. G27+TH8A, or non-supported controllers.

This has to be resolved soon, controller setup being bugged like this is amateur night!
Yep. I had no problems with the game saving my pad presets, until I plugged in my wheel to see if it was working. Plugged my pad back in and the game had reset all the settings, button config, sensitivity, linearity, deadzones etc. I hadn't changed any settings with my wheel.
New wheel (Logitech G27) = same problems!
It's just like Fleskebacon described it: "... The key mappings and all profiles are gone when I restart the game. ..."
Sometimes when I restart a stage, the same thing happens (and occasionally I have to recalibrate the G27)It is very annoying when you have to adjust everything again and again.
In other games (for example: Project CARS, The Crew), there aren't such problems with this wheel.

For those who have the same problem

The following procedure has helped me:

In the first Screen of the game do not use the return button to start the game.
Instead, you have to press on your steering wheel the button, with which you confirm a selection and continue on.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Exactly the same here...
With my G27 can I set up everything and then go to Load/Save Device Configuration to make a profile.
As long as I do not quit the game, I can call it back or see the profile that I make under load device.
Exit the game means also exit profile configuration....
and consequently no .xml file in My Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally\wheelsettings.
Help please !!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
For those who have the same problem

The following procedure has helped me:

In the first Screen of the game do not use the return button to start the game.
Instead, you have to press on your steering wheel the button, with which you confirm a selection and continue on.
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^                    
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived