My Team Starting money

So we have the driver rating/prices, I was just curious on the budget you get for My team to start with?
Also you have to buy your own engine too? 
What about wear and tear do you pay for "repairs"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I Think you have to wait for the next "my Team" trailer or sth like that or even for the release. No one can answer that except codemasters. And they wont give us this Information in this thread, without releasing an official trailer or so.

Edited by DonBlanko
  • Agree 2

I’m half expecting that with the driver ratings being released and the reveal of split screen last week, we should be due something either this week or early next week (as we are 3 weeks away from the games release I think the later option will be more likely)

I wonder how much customization the starting conditions of your team has can you start with buildings at various levels ect.  Budgets maybe have a few options from about the bare minimum to get something on the grid to a crazy amount allowing you to start with less money management required.

I am plotting my ideas but am scared of going over budget lol 20 days until I can test my theory I guess lol

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Maffoom007 said:

I am plotting my ideas but am scared of going over budget lol 20 days until I can test my theory I guess lol

Lol aren’t we all. Think it will be a trade off between decent driver and poor engine or average driver and good engine at the beginning

Edited by cpayne32
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, cpayne32 said:

Lol aren’t we all. Think it will be a trade off between decent driver and poor engine or average driver and good engine at the beginning

Yes it’s going to be a hard pick! Then to have left over money for facilities 

• Agree 1

Add to the replayability, to see which strategy works best.

Its gonna be so fun and interesting to get started 👍 cant wait 😊

My guess is that depending on which one of the sponsors they showed in the trailer you pick, your starting budget will be equal to the signing bonus. For example Equinox had a $4.1M signing bonus. With that you pick your engine, sign a driver, and maybe do something else. Maybe the driver’s salary is split by contract period which would make them more affordable, but maybe not. 

So Tri-Star showed a $5.1M signing bonus, take away $4.1M for the Ferrari engine and you’ll have $1M to sign a driver and whatever else you need to buy to get the team off the ground. I suspect that is all you need to start and the weekly cash, goal bonuses and signing of other sponsors will let you grow the team and in the future sign better drivers.

8 hours ago, Aef251 said:

My guess is that depending on which one of the sponsors they showed in the trailer you pick, your starting budget will be equal to the signing bonus. For example Equinox had a $4.1M signing bonus. With that you pick your engine, sign a driver, and maybe do something else. Maybe the driver’s salary is split by contract period which would make them more affordable, but maybe not. 

So Tri-Star showed a $5.1M signing bonus, take away $4.1M for the Ferrari engine and you’ll have $1M to sign a driver and whatever else you need to buy to get the team off the ground. I suspect that is all you need to start and the weekly cash, goal bonuses and signing of other sponsors will let you grow the team and in the future sign better drivers.

That makes a lot of sense now you mention it, I reckon that will be the case. It will definitely be tough at the start, but a great challenge 😄 

I wonder if there will be an option to take over a team, inject cash and put one's son in one of the seats and copy last year's championship winning car.

• Haha 1