Jump to content

F1® 2020 First Look | My Team

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

No bother do a Finbarr race while in administration buy it back from the administrator at half the price problem solved :classic_biggrin:

#Stonks 

@BarryBL where is your character in this game   

Haha maybe next year. Not enough data to give me a driver stat. 

Need at least 10 races to hand me a 1 overall driver card stat. I've got to admit, having some CM staff in-game as mega low rated, free agent drivers to help teams in a financial hole would be funny. We could base it on our in-house tests and the team-building go-karting race we had pre-COVID

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BarryBL said:

Haha maybe next year. Not enough data to give me a driver stat. 

Need at least 10 races to hand me a 1 overall driver card stat. I've got to admit, having some CM staff in-game as mega low rated, free agent drivers to help teams in a financial hole would be funny. 

Ah that's not on. I work in manufacturing. You always see a Ross brawn type walking around with info on his clipboard. Trying to figure it out while scratching his head with a biro.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Ah that's not on. I work in manufacturing. You always see a Ross brawn type walking around with info on his clipboard. Trying to figure it out while scratching his head with a biro.  

I'd take any role to be honest. Maybe one day, it would be cool. The last bit sounds a lot like my life, so I could do that 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It takes me back to F1 manager  in the year 2000 on my PC .

Had alot of  fun building the minardi team into the top team with drivers Schumacher and making hill accept the number 2 drivers role .

Oh what fun.

Just don't take away any of the FFB effects for wheel users.  Does this also mean f12020 will be a bigger game in gigabytes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was left with a doubt.  I know it doesn't make much sense for you to leave your own team to go to another one, but will we ever be able to change teams?  Because it can be a little boring to play 10 seasons on the same team.  Besides, it would be interesting to manage, even if in a limited way, an official team like Ferrari, for example.  This limited way could be to not even be able to choose sponsors for example.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, caiocrq said:

I was left with a doubt.  I know it doesn't make much sense for you to leave your own team to go to another one, but will we ever be able to change teams?  Because it can be a little boring to play 10 seasons on the same team.  Besides, it would be interesting to manage, even if in a limited way, an official team like Ferrari, for example.  This limited way could be to not even be able to choose sponsors for example.

Probably not as it would not make sense like you said. But you can always start a new career in normal career mode once you get bored of your team. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Provavelmente não, pois não faria sentido como você disse. Mas você sempre pode iniciar uma nova carreira no modo normal de carreira, quando se cansar de sua equipe. 

That was what I feared.  I really enjoyed this new way and I really want to play, but at the same time, I also want to be able to play with an official team.  And for that, unfortunately, I will have to play the 2 different modes.  What would be a problem if I had time for this, imagine without having time.  In addition, the traditional career mode will not have the same details as the new My team mode, making it incomplete and boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BarryBL said:

So what you asking for is Sim-ception 😛 

Or a simulation INSIDE a simulation (For all the Season 1 Rick and Morty fans out there)

the simulation inside a simulation is why church of scientology members don't have their likeness in games/toys.

because humans are a simulation ...argh its too complicated to explain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, caiocrq said:

That was what I feared.  I really enjoyed this new way and I really want to play, but at the same time, I also want to be able to play with an official team.  And for that, unfortunately, I will have to play the 2 different modes.  What would be a problem if I had time for this, imagine without having time.  In addition, the traditional career mode will not have the same details as the new My team mode, making it incomplete and boring.

That's why I will do the manager career in 10 or 16 races championships, skip the ones I struggle because they can really eat the time you have to spare for video games. I hope you can switch the length of the seasons between seasons but I also think that will not be possible. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Watched the trailer and some of the analysis vids on YT and there ist only one word for me that describes my mood: Underwhelmed. This looks as I feared. Shallow and unfinished. Granted, the driver ratings could not be final and there could be more depth to it than the trailer shows but at first glance this mode will need 1 or 2 more years of development to be a real manager-mode. Its the same thing that happend with F2 last year when we only got the 2018 season and career-mode consisted of three short szenarios. So, I think I will skip this game again until its in winter sale or something for 20€.

Edited by fraggi
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have 2 question.
1. Does the teams (Ferrari, Mercedes, Honda, Renault) upgrade the engines automatically for you with the option of you to also upgrade it or is it player upgrades only? 
2. is there going to be a young drivers programme for the team or is it just based on the F1, F2 and "back up" drivers for now?

Thanks for reading keep up the great work, been really excited for this game, pre ordered and ready 🙂 Can't wait to play this game mode, stay safe all and have a good day.

Edited by THEGHOST345111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fraggi said:

Watched the trailer and some of the analysis vids on YT and there ist only one word for me that describes my mood: Underwhelmed. This looks as I feared. Shallow and unfinished. Granted, the driver ratings could not be final and there could be more depth to it than the trailer shows but at first glance this mode will need 1 or 2 more years of development to be a real manager-mode. Its the same thing that happend with F2 last year when we only got the 2018 season and career-mode consisted of three short szenarios. So, I think I will skip this game again until its in winter sale or something for 20€.

I understand where you are coming from. Is it perfect? It's doesn't look like the perfect manager game no. But if someone on this forum told me in 2018 that we would get a manager mode with a fantasy team in an official F1 game career mode I would have had a list of arguments why it would never happen. Now it happened. If you remember how R&D was the first time compared to F1 2018 you can see how much potential this mode has. I can't wait to start My Team and start topics on the forum of what is missing and should be added. Might drop even some polls here and there. And then next year I can complain because the stuff I want was not added. Fun times ahead :classic_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THEGHOST345111 said:

I have 2 question.
1. Does the teams (Ferrari, Mercedes, Honda, Renault) upgrade the engines automatically for you with the option of you to also upgrade it or is it player upgrades only? 
2. is there going to be a young drivers programme for the team or is it just based on the F1, F2 and "back up" drivers for now?

Thanks for reading keep up the great work, been really excited for this game, pre ordered and ready 🙂 Can't wait to play this game mode, stay safe all and have a good day.

I might be confused with some information from Aavara's channel where he tells what would be nice or what he suspects but I think it was mentioned that there were upgrades that were supplied by the engine manufacturers that went to all the teams with that engine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

I might be confused with some information from Aavara's channel where he tells what would be nice or what he suspects but I think it was mentioned that there were upgrades that were supplied by the engine manufacturers that went to all the teams with that engine.

I thought it came from the typed up sheet Aavara read on his video, that when the manufacturer improves, you do too. But you still have your own power train department so not too sure what does what. 

 

As for My Team overall, I am not looking for true realism, just a fun thing to add to the actual racing. As it was said, it is a racing game with a management component, not a management game with a racing component. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 2:28 PM, Kicaj928 said:

Question. 
Can we choose the look's of: nose, front wing, spioler, sidepods?

+Can our team make it's own engine?

 

No I don’t think you can they should do that next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why not just bring out 2 separate games. 

F12020 for sim Racing. 

F12020 for manager role.

Profit from 2 games instead of 1 game being stretched to its limits. 

Everything is a pie chart and unless like the awful GT Sports  you extend the game from 50 GB to the above game 110 GB .

Is there any way F1 games could be made with bigger space  

Roll on ps5  to match decent gaming PC machines. 

Edited by senna94f1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There is an official F1 manager coming from Paradox. Probably a very different approach than what Codemasters is aiming at because Paradox is famous for strategy games not race games.

Splitting up the game into sim and My Team would not benefit any of the games. Let's say the budget for the F1 2020 game allowed for a hypothetical number of 100 of people to resource from. For the sim game you would have only 50 people to resource because the other 50 people are working on the My Team version and more troubling: you would need 2 of each. Let's say you have one person that makes the cars for the game. Now you would need 2 because each game needs cars. This also means that if you had a team of 100 people you could afford to have more people working on the cars together.

And let's say they do split up the game. Which version would sell the most? The sim or My Team? Probably My Team so for the development of 2021 the resources will be redistributed. 70 person working on My Team and 30 people working on the sim. And in 2022 there is no resources anymore for the sim game so they add more realism to the My Team multiplayer to appeal to the sim drivers 🤷‍♂️

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as there are things I would like to see (flexible race order, in house engines, and separate driver from owner personas) I am just grateful they added the ability to add you own team. I would have been happy with just adding a custom team to career mode if you wanted it that would work like any other team and if you left it, it would disappear and come back at the back of the grid if you signed for them again. My team is beyond my hopes. If it turns out to be unsatisfying then I will be happy to have the new changes in career mode they have hinted at, with abetter driver market and retirements.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wonder if the new team will be able to hire kimi raikkonen before he retires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if power unit upgrades are being made by Merc we know this be passed down to customer teams. However why do we have access in MyTeam and also career of a customer? Will our upgrades go back up to? E.g McLaren power unit upgrade goes to Renault and visa vesa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that the total power is a combination  of the power unit and your power train R&D. The R&D belongs to your team, so does not depend on the engine and goes with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we set our team-mates qualifying and race strategy, and can we give our team-mates team orders during the race? If the whole point is to run a team and win the constructors then really we need that in-race control, getting the edge with undercuts and pitting under SC.

 

I basically won a championship in F1 2019 based off pitting under the SC whilst my AI team-mate, despite being in front, would carry on only to pit 2 laps after the SC pits. We really need some level of control even if it's just prompting Jeff to give our team-mate orders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JoeMercersWay said:

Can we set our team-mates qualifying and race strategy, and can we give our team-mates team orders during the race? If the whole point is to run a team and win the constructors then really we need that in-race control, getting the edge with undercuts and pitting under SC.

 

I basically won a championship in F1 2019 based off pitting under the SC whilst my AI team-mate, despite being in front, would carry on only to pit 2 laps after the SC pits. We really need some level of control even if it's just prompting Jeff to give our team-mate orders.

Imagine that you’re second being your teammate and you could just tell them to pit every time. 
 

I get what you’re saying though. Playing it properly would work a lot and bring something to the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tarrantino said:

Imagine that you’re second being your teammate and you could just tell them to pit every time. 
 

I get what you’re saying though. Playing it properly would work a lot and bring something to the game. 

Of course, maybe it could have a reputation rating where if you keep screwing over your team-mate they stop listening, don't renew contracts etc. and it damages your acclaim.

Just think with it being constructors based, the AI is more than capable of buggering up your team-mates strategy with inferior decision making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JoeMercersWay said:

Of course, maybe it could have a reputation rating where if you keep screwing over your team-mate they stop listening, don't renew contracts etc. and it damages your acclaim.

Just think with it being constructors based, the AI is more than capable of buggering up your team-mates strategy with inferior decision making.

Yeah I agree. I think though that’s too far for this current crop of consoles. Possibly the new gen consoles will gove the devs an opportunity to build on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×