Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

F1® 2020 First Look | My Team

Create. Manage. Drive. Win. It’s time to show you more of F1® 2020’s My Team mode. This mode is a first for the F1® franchise. Alongside the well-established Career, you’ll be able to experience F1® 2020 as a driver-manager, and it’s going to offer you a unique insight into the world of F1®.

Create Choose your driver and create your team’s unique visual identity with your own colour scheme, logo and sponsor. Using our comprehensive driver rating system, you’ll be able to choose your teammate from the 2019 F2™ grid. Manage Take charge of your facilities and watch them grow as your team becomes more successful. Manage your team’s resources and time and make sure they’re properly motivated. Be careful, if funds get tight, you may need to temporarily shut one of your departments. Drive Take your place as the 11th team on the grid, driving the car you’ve developed throughout the F1® season. There’s no room for inner-team rivalries when you’re also the team boss. Win Use acclaim to upgrade your facilities, and research key developments needed to give you the edge. Win the World Championship with your F1® team.

Learn more about My Team here: https://www.formula1game.com/2020/news

Be the 11th team in F1® 2020 – out 10th July 2020. Find out more and pre-order here: https://www.formula1game.com/2020/pre... 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Looking so good, can't wait to play this! Mad respect to Codemasters, didn't have too much to expect from this year's game, they could have just done "F1 2019.5" because of this current situation and because this is the last game for this generation of consoles. Well done guys 👏

• Agree 1

Yes, We can change engine supplier between seasons.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Question. 
Can we choose the look's of: nose, front wing, spioler, sidepods?

+Can our team make it's own engine?

Edited by Kicaj928

Looks amazing!

I noticed some people being worried that you might not be able to name your team, since all that's ever mentioned is ''creating your own logo/livery etc'' but ''name your team'' is never mentioned.

It seems very obvious to me that it should be possible, but official confirmation would be great!

11 minutes ago, EduCalza said:

Yeah looks great, I will give a try.

@BarryBL the both links are broken. Error 404.

Have others reported this? Seems to be okay on PC.

5 minutes ago, Kicaj928 said:

Question. 
Can we choose the look's of: nose, front wing, spioler, sidepods?

+Can our team make it's own engine?

From a customisation and livery point, yes, you can edit the look of your nose, wing etc. However, the 11th team is available as you use the FOM Multiplayer car as it base, and will not change in terms of physical look and structure. Also, teams wont be able to make its own engine due to only official F1 engine suppliers are allowed to be used. Upgrades to those engines however can be done through R&D as with 2019

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrosteRX said:

Looks amazing!

I noticed some people being worried that you might not be able to name your team, since all that's ever mentioned is ''creating your own logo/livery etc'' but ''name your team'' is never mentioned.

It seems very obvious to me that it should be possible, but official confirmation would be great!

You can name your own team, providing its not offensive, of course 😛 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

From a customisation and livery point, yes, you can edit the look of your nose, wing etc. However, the 11th team is available as you use the FOM Multiplayer car as it base, and will not change in terms of physical look and structure. Also, teams wont be able to make its own engine due to only official F1 engine suppliers are allowed to be used. Upgrades to those engines however can be done through R&D as with 2019

I'm on PC.

EDIT: looks like the link is incomplete, ends on "..new...."  https://www.formula1game.com/2020/new...

image.thumb.png.12437befa0383b897276d85cdda80ec8.png

Edited by EduCalza

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

You can name your own team, providing its not offensive, of course 😛 

Is there a list of names that also include audio (just like you can choose to have the commentators call you ''Smith'' or ''Iceman'' or whatever you pick from the list), but for teams?

Another question: Are the livery's presets or can we actually customize the entire thing?

Edited by FrosteRX
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, FrosteRX said:

Is there a list of names that also include audio (just like you can choose to have the commentators call you ''Smith'' or ''Iceman'' or whatever you pick from the list), but for teams?

Another question: Are the livery's presets or can we actually customize the entire thing?

From the looks of it the livary designs are preset and we can only change the colours.

Anyway the mode looks fun and more detailed than i expected from the off cannot wait to give it a try.

Edited by TheCroc84

Can we also change different engine for online racing
,or we have like 2019 only one for all cars ?

Posted (edited)

Looks amazing, but please tell me there is going to be a day 1 patch which will make the Honda engine more reliable and faster than the Renault engine.

Edited by Jordutchy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Is it possible to improve your engine? I hope not because it would be unrealistic, a client team will never have a better performing engine than an official team.

• Agree 1

Just now, IronMeci said:

Is it possible to improve your engine? I hope not because it would be unrealistic, a client team will never have a better performing engine than an official team.

I think the continued creative licence has been used regarding engine upgrades its never really been realistic for any customer team to be able to upgrade them but its been ever present. 

I like to joke that the Level 0 aero department is just a guy with a Tamiya model and a desk fan 😄 

Those facilities look pretty cool though, guess it's time to break out the spreadsheets and find optimal strats, just like the classic Final Fantasy days 🙂 

Also, I want this guy's sim rig:

myteam_sim2_02.jpg?w=1300

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, PJTierney said:

I like to joke that the Level 0 aero department is just a guy with a Tamiya model and a desk fan 😄 

Those facilities look pretty cool though, guess it's time to break out the spreadsheets and find optimal strats, just like the classic Final Fantasy days 🙂 

The level 0 durability dept is just people with sledgehammers hitting all the parts.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jpayne05 said:

I wonder how many Female drivers are for selection for My Team

Tatiana Calderón I imagine and maybe if they do include dev drivers signed to f1 teams jamie chadwick could be an option.

Please give us the F2 driver ratings so we can start planning....

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Aef251 said:

Please give us the F2 driver ratings so we can start planning....

You can see the stats for 10 different F2 drivers in the video, but it would be nice to know the stats for the other drivers

• Agree 1

Will we have free access  to go to these departments (areo, engine, simulator room) at any time?

• Like 1