F1 2020 - Overtake button

Seeing new gameplay: grand prix content in the last few days made me wonder: is the overtake button too overpowered in its current state (well-knowing we are seeing a preview version of the game and things may already have changed)?

It seems like the speeds compared to other cars increases too much with no tactical usage: just straight line speed, instead of wanting just a little more overspeed before or after a battle.

What do you think? Is it too OP in its current state?

34 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

Seeing new gameplay: grand prix content in the last few days made me wonder: is the overtake button too overpowered in its current state (well-knowing we are seeing a preview version of the game and things may already have changed)?

It seems like the speeds compared to other cars increases too much with no tactical usage: just straight line speed, instead of wanting just a little more overspeed before or after a battle.

What do you think? Is it too OP in its current state?

Yes it’s powerful but at the cost of increased usage. You won’t be able to use it full on for every overtake you make so I personally think it’s fine as it is.

• Agree 1

in my opinion it's fine
especially because the AI usually has a higher top speed than the player and so we can fight better.
but from what I've seen the A.I is much more consistent with the player I hope it stays that way

Yeah agreed. I think it’s a bit overpowered. Aarava was able to use it for most of his new video and the whole point of CM implementing it and taking away the 2019 system was to take away the unrealistic micro management of F1 2019 but this overtake button still kind of adds that If you’re able to use it for most of the lap 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tomi1997 said:

Yeah agreed. I think it’s a bit overpowered. Aarava was able to use it for most of his new video and the whole point of CM implementing it and taking away the 2019 system was to take away the unrealistic micro management of F1 2019 but this overtake button still kind of adds that If you’re able to use it for most of the lap 

Well, real f1 drivers can use "overtake button" for most of the lap but that leads to run out of most of battery and they must wait 3/4 laps to let it recharge before using again, so it's realistic cuz if you run the OT button for whole lap your battery capacity will show that you run out of energy or you have only 3/4% left so it's realistic imo

Edited by ZtwoA

I keep getting a Red Cross and I can’t use overtake. It normally happens on the pit straight but it’s also happening around the track as well. It’s not the battery dying because it was on 40%

B04A45BD-7CB9-4517-9134-A70A0144D444.jpeg

1 minute ago, cpayne32 said:

It is probably you have used too much in a lap.

It still happens even when I don’t use it. I’ve just seen a small green bar that goes down as the lap goes on And not sure if that to do with it or not

The green bar is what you can use in a lap. It goes down slightly if you don’t use it. I e done a lot of laps around Austria and if I go full use in a race I get half way down the second straight before I switch off otherwise I get the red bar