Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

F1 2020 Lapped cars on SC-conditions

After watching the video Tiametmarduk uploaded on his 100% Monza race I need to adress an issue.  It seems that Codemasters have added some very nice features in the new game, but leaving errors like this in the game is just such a waste of potential.

Lapped cars are still not allowed to overtake the Safety Car when behind another driver that is not lapped, which is a huge issue because it makes a big difference if you can attack the frontrunner straight away or first have to pass someone with blue flags and it seems like something that should've been fixed a long time ago. It happened to me more than once that I couldn't attack the guy in front because there were one or more cars seperating us. I've also been the lapped car that gets stuck and not able to overtake where in reality I should be.

@BarryBL Is the team aware of this and why is it still a thing in (at least the early builds of) F1 2020?

Issue occurs in this video at 12:18

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 11

I reckon the issue is likely due to race distances and how much time it takes to pick up all the cars and then let them past. In 50 or 100 races it's less of a problem but for those playing 25% and considering somewhere like Spa is only 10 or so laps then to spend 4 of them waiting for the safety car to release all the cars could be quite boring. Plus you have the issue of drivers being careless in games and could crash into the unlapping cars.

Had this a bunch of times and can ruin your race if your in a lower car example your running near the back of the field and pit but the leader has lapped you if safety car comes out you have to stay with the leading back while the people your battling can go all way round gaining almost a lap on you.

Your race is simply finished in this case needs sorting its ridicilous how many years it is taking them to get this right!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

a simple solution would be to have AI take control and overtake the SC to rearrange the order to prevent any errors or accidents. this would be a fair compromise

and maybe have the option to turn it on/off for league racing.  

Edited by Cap10

I actually play mostly offline on 100% race distance. So it happens to me quite frequently.

@Willian Paganini

I've seen your topic and think it is a good idea, but I also think it's more important to sort out the gameplay issues with the SC before we add esthetic improvements. I saw another topic where someone mentioned that the wrong car is used for the SC. That's a shame and I would like it to be updated. But I'd rather have the wrong car doing the right thing than the right car doing the wrong thing.

I just do not understand why this and other race-braking errors stay in the game while they're so obvious.

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, Falstojudilofa said:

I actually play mostly offline on 100% race distance. So it happens to me quite frequently.

@Willian Paganini

I've seen your topic and think it is a good idea, but I also think it's more important to sort out the gameplay issues with the SC before we add esthetic improvements. I saw another topic where someone mentioned that the wrong car is used for the SC. That's a shame and I would like it to be updated. But I'd rather have the wrong car doing the right thing than the right car doing the wrong thing.

I just do not understand why this and other race-braking errors stay in the game while they're so obvious.

The only possible explanations that this is still an issue are laziness, or lack of ability. They must be aware of this by now!

Weve encountered this issue during our 100% no assists league Racing. 

Sometimes it says stay behind safety car .but then you can lose a lose lap behind the leaders . And whole idea is to bunch everyone up and basically put everyone back on same lap.

We tend to ignore and drive past safety car .it works 99% of the time without any issues. 

Virtual safety car if near pits is a great way to gain a free pit stop.  But that's depending upon how used or what tyres your on .

But Tbh we haven't encountered that many issues .. it's a shame because as each F1 game comes to its end of game yearly life cycle.  They are probably 95% fixed with very few issues. 

Then we start all over again with the next years game 🏎🏎🏎

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @BarryBL
The same procedure as every year CODEMASTERS or what? It's every time the same stupid issue with lapped cars under safety car conditions...... Codemasters should implement the official rules and it's not to stay behind a lapped car if the safety car is coming in this lap..... when will you finally get it CODEMASTERS????

forget it guys... instead of making a realistic f1 game with stunning graphics (f1 2020 is very bad for the year 2020), official hud and tv style (also in replay) and official rules, they make a kiddy game with splitscreen and more such kiddy stuff... f1 2020 is very disappointing in graphics, atmosphere and realism!

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, weisiAUT said:

forget it guys... instead of making a realistic f1 game with stunning graphics (f1 2020 is very bad for the year 2020), official hud and tv style (also in replay) and official rules, they make a kiddy game with splitscreen and more such kiddy stuff... f1 2020 is very disappointing in graphics, atmosphere and realism!

Have you played it?

Posted (edited)

its not really a bug, this feature is just not even implemented in the game. Its really annoying and they should do something about it. SC still not working as it should.

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Its not the only issue we have under safety car. Laped car can restart the race when you have the message safety car in this lap.

Just before the restart a laped car overtook the SC when it was allowed to do, and when he crossed the line the laped car deployed the green flag.

And you have a littel issue aswell. The game dont apply correctly the rules of restart flag under safety car.

When the leader cross the line everybody is allowed to overtake before the restart line.

In real life you are allowed to overtake after the restart line not before. The game should apply yellow flag before restart line and green flag after this one untill everyone cross it

Look at 1h15min56sec

Alfa Romeo is a lapped car, when he cross the line he green flagged the track. You can saw it on mini map

Edited by ZixClon