Radio menu active too long

While watching F1 2020 gameplay I noticed that the radio menu stays open for 8-10 seconds. Sometimes I press it without actually wanting to ask Jeff for information or press X by mistake.

In my opinion that's way too long and I'd like it to be personizable between (for example) 3 and 10 seconds.

Did you by any chance have the radio input simultaneously attached to another command? Go check it on your preferences. Maybe you're the one keeping it on-screen while trying to do something else.

Been there, done that.

Personally I would love it to stay on longer!

I’ve never managed to “learn” the commands available and never end up using it because by the time i’ve had chance to look for what i’m after and try to navigate to it while racing, the menu’s gone!

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I’ve never managed to “learn” the commands available and never end up using it because by the time i’ve had chance to look for what i’m after and try to navigate to it while racing, the menu’s gone!

I don't think you need to "know" all of them, I only use driver front/behind, weather and teammate info. If I want something else, I just switch it on on longest straight, read through fast and on next lap choose what I want. Except Monaco on all other tracks you should have enough time to do it on longest straight.

• Agree 1

Yeah of course, that’s what i try to do. I just find that even on the straights i don't have enough time to find what i want, then get to it before it’s gone.

It would make life so much easier if it stayed on longer, or better still just stayed on until you turned it off (Same button again could do this).

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I wasn't sure at first whether to respond to this topic, but this is exactly my experience too, I don't use it because whenever I try, it's gone before I found what I'm after.

Going to also +1 the suggestion for an on/off toggle instead of having it on a timer, so that people that want it gone faster can do that too.

Edited by Tway
Rephrased for clarity
  • Agree 1

On PS4 is available voice command with headset