Can you choose the tracks in short career mode?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

aarava is the one I can listen to less than Ben (Tiametmarduk)

Yes but Ben did not get of all the juicy bits like stickers on the helmets. I saw both and Ben was less detailed this time. 

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

The actual race dates in the calendar would not move, as you have shortened the career. There would just be a bigger break in between races from race weekend to race weekend.

Im still confused if I can have Brazil as the first race if I wanted to. Otherwise I don’t understand the 22 season “chopping”.

I think the customization of the size and which tracks we will run in the season was an incredible solution.  In addition to reducing game time for those who do not have an abundance, we will be able to take tracks that we do not like (finally I will get rid of Monaco) and it still gives a certain realism to be able to exchange some tracks from one season to another, as it happens in life  real.  The only thing that worries me is whether they will be able to properly adjust the wear of the power unit components.  Because the number of races we choose will have to be adjusted proportionately and this can lead to errors.  But I am confident that there will be no problems with that.  So, congratulations on the news, Codemasters!

1 minute ago, caiocrq said:

I think the customization of the size and which tracks we will run in the season was an incredible solution.  In addition to reducing game time for those who do not have an abundance, we will be able to take tracks that we do not like (finally I will get rid of Monaco) and it still gives a certain realism to be able to exchange some tracks from one season to another, as it happens in life  real.  The only thing that worries me is whether they will be able to properly adjust the wear of the power unit components.  Because the number of races we choose will have to be adjusted proportionately and this can lead to errors.  But I am confident that there will be no problems with that.  So, congratulations on the news, Codemasters!

I suspect the reason we have to choose between 10, 16 and the original 22 races is for AI team and component wear reasons. Otherwise they’d let us pick any number of races. With three options they can better balance the wear, the other team’s development etc.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, FlyingDutch020 said:

Im still confused if I can have Brazil as the first race if I wanted to. Otherwise I don’t understand the 22 season “chopping”.

I'm confused about this too. I also would like to have Brazil as the first race on the calendar, being someone who watched F1 in the 90s, and after the initial announcement a couple of months ago assumed it could be done. Could @BarryBL confirm if it will be possible to do this?

3 minutes ago, s00zster said:

I'm confused about this too. I also would like to have Brazil as the first race on the calendar, being someone who watched F1 in the 90s, and after the initial announcement a couple of months ago assumed it could be done. Could @BarryBL confirm if it will be possible to do this?

Based on what Barry said in previous reply, races being stuck on their dates. That means that we will get ordered list (normal calendar) from which we can just mark races that we don't want (for shorter calendar). Meaning that only AD can be after Brazil, so unfortunately we can't have Brazil as first race in career season. Really, really, really hope I am wrong. :classic_sad:

6 minutes ago, XanderSJX said:

Based on what Barry said in previous reply, races being stuck on their dates. That means that we will get ordered list (normal calendar) from which we can just mark races that we don't want (for shorter calendar). Meaning that only AD can be after Brazil, so unfortunately we can't have Brazil as first race in career season. Really, really, really hope I am wrong. :classic_sad:

Same. I assumed the term "chop and change" meant you could rearrange the race order.

• Agree 3

I was hoping we could move the races around to almost re-create past seasons, but what I get now is that the race weekends are hardwired into the calendar and when Lee Mather said “chop” he meant reduce to 16 or 10 races and when he said “change” he meant season to season.

I would dearly love to have Brazil or the US as the opening round and finish in Australia like the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Aef251 said:

I was hoping we could move the races around to almost re-create past seasons, but what I get now is that the race weekends are hardwired into the calendar and when Lee Mather said “chop” he meant reduce to 16 or 10 races and when he said “change” he meant season to season.

I would dearly love to have Brazil or the US as the opening round and finish in Australia like the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Yeah, I was going to have Brazil as the opener, Japan as the season end. Would've based it on a classic 80s/90s season. Would've had Australia as the end but I'm sick of Melbourne after all the season restarts I've done. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by s00zster

From the https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.redbull.com/int-en/f1-2020-codemasters-interview

And it quotes 

How will the three customisable season lengths impact players?

"We’ve always been conscious that not everyone who plays the game is massively time rich, so taking part in an entire season, while also doing full race weekends, is very time-consuming. To give players more choice and flexibility in how they play their seasons they can choose to do a 22, 16 or 10-race season. The player will have the option to pick which tracks they want to race in each season and can edit that list in each subsequent season. It will also help new players who might struggle on circuits such as Baku and Monaco. Players can now pick a season based on their skill level and add tougher circuits as they improve"  

🙂

• Like 1