Can you choose the tracks in short career mode?

Posted (edited)

Will you be able to create your own calendar or is it a predefined calendar in shorter career modes? 

Edited by BelgiumDude

Posted (edited)

I’m sure it was said that you can pick which tracks you do

Edited by cpayne32
Spelling error
  • Thanks 1

Yes you can pick what races you can do, you can do 22 Races 16 Races or 10 Races and you can pick the order of the races as well, you can swop in or take out races you are not good at and change it again for the next season and so on.  🙂

• Agree 2

I did hear you can choose the tracks and the order. What i have not heard is if the weekends the races slot into are predetermined or you can choose the actual weekends and if weather will be affected by the date lime Montreal would be cold in March and hot in August.

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2020 at 9:56 PM, Aef251 said:

I did hear you can choose the tracks and the order. What i have not heard is if the weekends the races slot into are predetermined or you can choose the actual weekends and if weather will be affected by the date lime Montreal would be cold in March and hot in August.

You can choose the tracks and what order you want them to be in driver career and in My Team too for the 10 seasons aswell 🙂

Edited by Guestyboi
more information to put down

Yep.

In all career mode lengths, you can chop and change to suit the tracks you race on, provided its either a 22, 16 or 10 race calendar. This will be available in MyTeam and Career mode. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Yep.

In all career mode lengths, you can chop and change to suit the tracks you race on, provided its either a 22, 16 or 10 race calendar. This will be available in MyTeam and Career mode. 

So are the race weekends preset (like there is a race in week 10 and we just slot the track in we want) for each calendar or do we determine which weekends will actually host a GP (Week 5, 6, 13, 18 etc.)?

And will the spot in the calendar effect the average weather (Australia’s average temp in March is 24C but 14C if you race in July)? Or will it be the normal weather for that race no matter what week you slot it into?

Would be in the initial calendar order.

31 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

So, I can't have Brazil as season opener in 10 race season? It can only be last or 2nd to last race in season. Did I get this right?

Other part, it is not possible to have Brazil on last weekend AND 2nd to last weekend, for example?

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

39 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

To clarify, does this mean we can pick any 10, 16 or 22 races, but they have to be in the same order as the original calendar?

Or

Can we race the same track more than once?

And can we change the order around?  Starting in Canada would be a wonderfully evil thing to do to anyone who doesn't live here, especially if the weather were consistent with the time of year.   😛

Quite curious about this feature because I’d love to have Brazil as my season finale and japan and China set back to back 

Will it be possible to switch tracks from one season to another?  Let's say that I chose to play with 16 stages and I didn't put Belgium, for example, in the first season.  In the second season, will I be able to include Belgium and remove another track?

54 minutes ago, caiocrq said:

Will it be possible to switch tracks from one season to another?  Let's say that I chose to play with 16 stages and I didn't put Belgium, for example, in the first season.  In the second season, will I be able to include Belgium and remove another track?

Yes you will be able to change the calendar from season to season

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, DrDraken said:

To clarify, does this mean we can pick any 10, 16 or 22 races, but they have to be in the same order as the original calendar?

Or

And can we change the order around?  Starting in Canada would be a wonderfully evil thing to do to anyone who doesn't live here, especially if the weather were consistent with the time of year.   😛

Yes you can change the order around you do on the first season and you can change it again for the 2nd season and so on 

With the 22, 16 10 races they don't have to be in the original season calendar you can mix and match the tracks the ones you are good at and take out the bad ones out if you cant drive well at them tracks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, DrDraken said:

Or

When BarryBL said 

18 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I think he was answering my question about the weather for the track and not the order of the races. So the average temperature at Zandvoort in May is 15C, so even if you move the race to the first slot and run it in March when the average temperature should be 8C, you will still get something around 15C. And Montreal in March averages 2C as a high, but in June it is 24C, which is what the game will model in whatever way it does, and therefore no risk of snow.

• Like 1

The actual race dates in the calendar would not move, as you have shortened the career. There would just be a bigger break in between races from race weekend to race weekend.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

The actual race dates in the calendar would not move, as you have shortened the career. There would just be a bigger break in between races from race weekend to race weekend.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. Does the weather get affected by the date?

1 minute ago, Aef251 said:

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. Does the weather get affected by the date?

Date, like the weather, doesn't change. Simply the calendar skips events.

3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Date, like the weather, doesn't change. Simply the calendar skips events.

Thanks.

Oh I can see things going wrong here.

The ability to shorten career to predefined lengths of 10, 16 & 22 is not what people are looking for this year.

The full 22 race calendar I can see people wanting to do as you do all the planned tracks in the original order (as if Coronavirus had not happened).

16 races I can see being popular (full season with 6 worst tracks taken out).

At the moment there are only 8 races confirmed with two double headers (Austria x2, Hungary, Britain x2, Spain, Belgium, Italy) not in order and with repeats.

So 10 looks an odd choice, it neither meets confirmed number of races nor can they be repeated and you can't accommodate non-calendar tracks (already Lee Mather has said no non-calendar tracks will be added), not that we know what they are until and if they are confirmed.

But repeating tracks will be popular. Leagues will just do repeated Unranked lobbies anyway.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Oh I can see things going wrong here.

The ability to shorten career to predefined lengths of 10, 16 & 22 is not what people are looking for this year.

The full 22 race calendar I can see people wanting to do as you do all the planned tracks in the original order (as if Coronavirus had not happened).

16 races I can see being popular (full season with 6 worst tracks taken out).

At the moment there are only 8 races confirmed with two double headers (Austria x2, Hungary, Britain x2, Spain, Belgium, Italy) not in order and with repeats.

So 10 looks an odd choice, it neither meets confirmed number of races nor can they be repeated and you can't accommodate non-calendar tracks (already Lee Mather has said no non-calendar tracks will be added), not that we know what they are until and if they are confirmed.

But repeating tracks will be popular. Leagues will just do repeated Unranked lobbies anyway.

The reason why I asked this question is because the short career modes is what makes me want to buy this game. I don't have enough time to do all the races and become become a championship winning team. It will take seasons so I'm happy to ten race seasons and get new tracks on the calendar every season

Edited by BelgiumDude

12 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

The reason why I asked this question is because the short career modes is what makes me want to buy this game. I don't have enough time to do all the races and become become a championship winning team. It will take seasons so I'm happy to ten race seasons and get new tracks on the calendar every season

That's fine for you. Are there any videos where the career mode is explained in more detail?

I find a lot of the influencers too much work to listen to at times unless they're being deliberately levitous.

47 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

That's fine for you. Are there any videos where the career mode is explained in more detail?

I find a lot of the influencers too much work to listen to at times unless they're being deliberately levitous.

I saw the one of aarava on YouTube. It has the best breakdown of the My Team video I've seen so far. And yes he is over enthousiast and yes he is featured in the game and yes he is biased but the breakdown explains a lot about career mode

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

I saw the one of aarava on YouTube. It has the best breakdown of the My Team video I've seen so far. And yes he is over enthousiast and yes he is featured in the game and yes he is biased but the breakdown explains a lot about career mode

aarava is the one I can listen to less than Ben (Tiametmarduk)