Display suggested gear in cockpit view

Hi all

Would be nice to have suggested gear displaying in cockpit view, I'm still learning all recommended gears in the tracks, I'm always keep going back and forth between cockpit and external view to see the recommended gear.

Cheers.

Would also be nice to see the actual Rev Counter in Cockpit View , instead of the Green Lights only.

How do you know where is the Magical 10800 RPM Mark on the lights for a good pull away in Cockpit view ?

• Like 1

There is absolutely no reason for not being able to have an external hud in cockpit cam. It would solve so many problems without introducing new ones. Would probably take an hour to implement in the game. Sounds like a no brainer? Yeah, so we'll never get it!

I'm going to add to the request for somewhere to see the suggested gear AND the throttle and brake sliders like in T-Cam.

Also, the DRS indicator should work in Grand Prix mode.

you see red and blue lights on your steering wheel lights, then shift up. Thats what the rev lights are there for. Following a suggested gear would hurt you more than anything because you want to use short shifting to help control wheel spin not by being in what gear the game tells you to be in. 

15 minutes ago, kevinkirk said:

you see red and blue lights on your steering wheel lights, then shift up. Thats what the rev lights are there for. Following a suggested gear would hurt you more than anything because you want to use short shifting to help control wheel spin not by being in what gear the game tells you to be in. 

That doesn't help with downshifting though :classic_smile:, which when I'm learning a new track is where I find the suggested gears most useful.

• Agree 1

On 8/24/2020 at 12:33 AM, MarcosVin said:

Please, suggested gear in the cockpit view... 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Suggested gear in the cockpit view removes every immersion you may feel. I don't think that's realistic, even if we had real life dashboards instead of a generic one for every single Modern F1 or F2 car, I don't think suggested gear would make things realisic either.