Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

One Off Event – The F2 Challenge- Live 19/06/2020 3PM BST

BarryBL

• Administrator

I’ve finally had a brainwave!

As we are under a month away from F1 2020 being released, and we all need our racing fix, I’ll be adding one-off events for a bit of fun.

This week is a F2 race meet around the Hungaroring, featuring both a 25% sprint race and a 50% feature race. Open lobby, so first 19 people to join me at that time will meet me on track.

Anything interesting or funny happen? For recordings and stuff, also add them here for all to have a laugh at. This is a VERY laid-back event, and as long as its raced in good spirits, all should enjoy!

No points or prizes, just a bit of racing to start your weekends! PC Platform, sorry.

Just now, BarryBL said:

I’ve finally had a brainwave!

As we are under a month away from F1 2020 being released, and we all need our racing fix, I’ll be adding one-off events for a bit of fun.

This week is a F2 race meet around the Hungaroring, featuring both a 5-lap sprint race and a 25% feature race. Open lobby, so first 19 people to join me at that time will meet me on track.

Anything interesting or funny happen? For recordings and stuff, also add them here for all to have a laugh at. This is a VERY laid-back event, and as long as its raced in good spirits, all should enjoy!

No points or prizes, just a bit of racing to start your weekends!

Platform?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

@BarryBLon the topic of F2, how about a GP Weekly Event with F2 cars?👀

Although you probably already created all Events that are gonna release for the rest of 2019 / start of 2020, but would be a nice one off for sure

We are finished on 2019 as you can imagine @ReimvomSchleim, but I like the idea for the Weekly Events for 2020 however. Gives the players something a little different. Will mention it for discussion

7 minutes ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

@BarryBLon the topic of F2, how about a GP Weekly Event with F2 cars?👀

Although you probably already created all Events that are gonna release for the rest of 2019 / start of 2020, but would be a nice one off for sure

That’s definitely a good idea. I personally didn’t give much love to the F2 cars but something like this would be better

Guest Bicarda
21 hours ago, BarryBL said:

2019 cars, short qualifying, custom setups allowed @Wiidesire

Can you even do 5 lap sprint AND 25% feature? 
25% sprint is usually about 5-6 laps anyway. 

Something to think about @BarryBL and something you can tell the devs after we encountered it: 
What tires you do quali on doesn't matter for what you start the race on. and what you start the race on is RANDOM .. 

Very fun in the sprint race if everyone's on the softer tire and you're on the harder i can tell you. 

I'll try to be there if i can get myself an early weekend from work 

Sadly I was bumped from behind a couple of times at the start of the Feature race which lost me a lot of time and positions. Managed to get through eventually but @Flash-224 was already too far ahead. The battle at the Sprint Race between @Flash-224 and me was awesome though.

Here is the fight:

https://streamable.com/hl3q7n

In the following are the results.

Qualifying:

vlcsnap-2020-06-19-17h17m18s464.thumb.png.1b1323fbea8204cca96793c00eb6ca36.png

Feature Race:

2020_06.19-16.37_01.thumb.png.c2cef45cd7f751eee017bce79e6ad29f.png

Sprint Race:

2020_06.19-16.54_01.thumb.png.a696e5617f565ed49d81821dec9c1b88.png

@BarryBL were you crashed out both times or did you seal your own fate? 😄

Here's my view (P20) from the feature race start crash:

Managed to finish in P9 (after starting from P20) with a Soft-Medium-Soft strategy, happy about that. The sprint race had a broken lobby and I was forced to retire..

15 minutes ago, Wiidesire said:

@BarryBL were you crashed out both times or did you seal your own fate? 😄

It looks like @BarryBL wasn't as lucky as I was in the feature race. No idea what happend in the sprint race though..

Guest Bicarda
1 hour ago, KingDome24 said:

Here's my view (P20) from the feature race start crash:

Managed to finish in P9 (after starting from P20) with a Soft-Medium-Soft strategy, happy about that. The sprint race had a broken lobby and I was forced to retire..

It looks like @BarryBL wasn't as lucky as I was in the feature race. No idea what happend in the sprint race though..

Why is someone ai'ing at the start in the first place? 😛 that's what i'd like to know

And i see @BarryBL got exactly what i was talking about.. mediums with the rest on softs with no way to choose..

• UP100 unpinned this topic

Archived