DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
FORUM MAINTENANCE | 11/05/2021 AM Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Great Gaming Rig Thread

Stegeswe said:
Racing Chair V2.0

My Chair
  • Build 2015
  • Low Cost
  • For now on Xbox One, Will be Pc Soon
You copy my design?  :) great minds think alike?  Or did i copy yours?  Joking aside, dont you love the speaker position in the rear, it makes it like you in your own space, like you have giant headphones on.      Anyhow i like it.

gfRally said:
Stegeswe said:
Racing Chair V2.0

My Chair
  • Build 2015
  • Low Cost
  • For now on Xbox One, Will be Pc Soon
You copy my design?  :) great minds think alike?  Or did i copy yours?  Joking aside, dont you love the speaker position in the rear, it makes it like you in your own space, like you have giant headphones on.      Anyhow i like it.
Realistically from an audio standpoint, they should be further back and pointed at you, not right beside your head.

Some of you could have bought a car and started with real life rally with all that money spent on sim stuff.  :)

My humble ghetto rig, but it get's the job done :)

Tinypic decided to turn around the picture for whatever reason xD

My setup.  I have since added a little tilt to the pedals to help with the geometry and am pretty happy with it.

Here's mine.. hopefully after abit of sweet talking to the Mrs might be upgraded to a playseat.... ok why can't I get my pictures to save? Everytime I go to add a pic or link it doesnt save or crashes to desktop... grrrr.. here's half of it anyway.. 1460484934587-130492670_zpsh01ou6ku.jpg14604849037181828673909_zpshjg32kaz.jpg 

Here's mine.. hopefully after abit of sweet talking to the Mrs might be upgraded to a playseat.... ok why can't I get my pictures to save? Everytime I go to add a pic or link it doesnt save or crashes to desktop... grrrr.. here's half of it anyway.. 1460484934587-130492670_zpsh01ou6ku.jpg14604849037181828673909_zpshjg32kaz.jpg 
Is that a handbrake or sequential shifter?  Either way, nice execution.

gfRally said:
Is that a handbrake or sequential shifter?  Either way, nice execution.
it's both. . I made the handbrake into the shifter case and converted the shifter to sequential.. the handbrake is such a big help.. 

gfRally said:
There are others that are better, but here's mine

gfRally, top effort on your rig. B)

Who's product, or software, is responsible for the little telemetry screen behind your wheel?

@ADSTA68

Thanks man.  It took a lot of planning.  

The telemetry display is this: http://sensadigit.com it works really well, cannot recommend it enough!  I machined a housing for an old android phone ($12 eBay) so it looked less like a phone and more like a dash, still tinkering with the look.

So, I started clearing my garage out earlier.  Loaded up the car & headed for the local Recycle centre.   I was emptying my crap into the skip and seen this out the corner of my eye...

Brought it back & bolted it to an old broken office chair that was destined for the dump too! 

You should see my wife's face - lol

KevM said:
So, I started clearing my garage out earlier.  Loaded up the car & headed for the local Recycle centre.   I was emptying my crap into the skip and seen this out the corner of my eye...

Brought it back & bolted it to an old broken office chair that was destined for the dump too! 

You should see my wife's face - lol

Dude, I like that!  I know exactly how your wife looked, cuz it's the exact look I got when mine saw what I had under a sheet in my basement.  

Who just throws away perfectly good seats like that? It really is like that episode of Top Gear.

gfRally said:

"Not bought, built" ;)
What OMP wheel is that?

bogani said:
gfRally said:

"Not bought, built" ;)
What OMP wheel is that?

I believe its the Velocita its 13in diameter which worked out well for a replacement for the G27, I didn't want a standard car size.  Also looked long and hard for a flat face with suede.  Feels great

Any guys run the Fanatec Clubsport e-brake? I bought it a month ago and it sure does the job. It rattles like hell though, I wish it was more sturdy/silent. 

bogani said:
Any guys run the Fanatec Clubsport e-brake? I bought it a month ago and it sure does the job. It rattles like hell though, I wish it was more sturdy/silent. 
How could it possibly rattle? My only issue is the handles a bit flimsy, but I think I can buy an actual handbrake for about $20 and just swap the handle.

JZStudios said:
bogani said:
How could it possibly rattle? My only issue is the handles a bit flimsy, but I think I can buy an actual handbrake for about $20 and just swap the handle.
The mehanics inside the case moves around making noise. Not when pulling the handle, but as I have mine attatched to my gear shifter it shakes around a bit, making noise.

bogani said:
JZStudios said:
bogani said:
The mehanics inside the case moves around making noise. Not when pulling the handle, but as I have mine attatched to my gear shifter it shakes around a bit, making noise.
Tighten it? I have the Fanatec SQ shifter that has grooves and t-nuts so I got a plank of wood and attached it to that. Rock solid, no noise. Only problem is I pull it at a bit of a diagonal hence the bending issue.

Codemasters could classify this game as a flying game when you drive on finland! you spend more time in the air than on the ground. Did they make finland stages like that just to piss folk off?? if so it works!

This is my constantly evolving rig. 

Started life as a Racebase Mk2. now only has 5 original parts

Next on the list is load cell for the brake pedal and maybe some sort of dual seat/wheel position to facilitate F1 style driving position too.

Normally play using a 101" projector screen, but that's not down as it makes the room to dark for my rubbish photography skills. so you'll have to imagine

I'd like to get a cockpit, but man, they take up space. I'd want to just have it in a dedicated gaming room instead of the living room.