Jump to content Jump to content

The Great Gaming Rig Thread

justbiglee

Didzis said:
bogani said:
Here's my little corner. The rig is an ASR Exotic with a McRae/Focus design. T500RS/CS pedals/CS shifter/CS e-brake
Cool, now all you need is two more monitors :)
Yup. Well, only one more actually. I have another one in the closet. Too bad DR doesn't support proper triple screens.
bogani said:
Didzis said:
bogani said:
Here's my little corner. The rig is an ASR Exotic with a McRae/Focus design. T500RS/CS pedals/CS shifter/CS e-brake
Yup. Well, only one more actually. I have another one in the closet. Too bad DR doesn't support proper triple screens.
Trust me, it's still worth it. Racing on the edge through Greece and seeing the sheer drop on your side is pretty spectacular.
How'd you stick your handbrake on the shifter? I did it that way too, but I used a piece of plywood to put it where I wanted.
Edit* Also, don't show Rinus your rig because it's not facing the door for all those burglars/teenagers/terrorists/trolls and gremlins breaking into your house to murder you. :P
JZStudios said:
bogani said:
Didzis said:
bogani said:
Trust me, it's still worth it. Racing on the edge through Greece and seeing the sheer drop on your side is pretty spectacular.
How'd you stick your handbrake on the shifter? I did it that way too, but I used a piece of plywood to put it where I wanted.
Edit* Also, don't show Rinus your rig because it's not facing the door for all those burglars/teenagers/terrorists/trolls and gremlins breaking into your house to murder you. :P
It's actually attatched to a second mounting tube next to the shifter.
I am interested to buy a Shifter if anyone have one and not using it anymore because you have a better one, message me, we can make a deal, because now I updated my rig with a T300GTE but no more SQ shifter like in my old DFGT only paddles. :(
bogani said:
JZStudios said:
bogani said:
Didzis said:
bogani said:
It's actually attatched to a second mounting tube next to the shifter.
Ah. Alright, I see it now. I used some fancy maple plywood and used all the extra t-nuts and grooves on the shifter. Works pretty well.Don't have a very sturdy shifter platform at the moment though. My cheap Chinese wheelstand broke, so I got a wheelstand pro. It's better in every way, except the shifter can only go on the flimsy piece of metal they give for the g27 shifter so any time I shift it wobbles for about 30 seconds. I used to have it attached directly to the wood top on the Chinestand... I think I can rig it up the same with this.
JZStudios said:
I'd like to get a cockpit, but man, they take up space. I'd want to just have it in a dedicated gaming room instead of the living room.
I am very happy with the playseat challange. Its very comfy, i think it looks very nice, and it is easy to fold with the pedals and wheel attached.

I even take it wit me when i have a lan party with friends.

If space/storage is an issue, this could be an option.
JZStudios said:
I'd like to get a cockpit, but man, they take up space. I'd want to just have it in a dedicated gaming room instead of the living room.
I am very happy with the playseat challange. Its very comfy, i think it looks very nice, and it is easy to fold with the pedals and wheel attached.

I even take it wit me when i have a lan party with friends.

If space/storage is an issue, this could be an option.
@Nickname85 the Playseat Challenge looks interesting, I'm just wondering whether the pedal position shouldn't be under an angle, like with the Evolution seat?
I'm currently using a DXRacer something or other since I like bucket seats. Otherwise I wanted to pull the one from my brothers Beetle because it fits me quite snugly. He meanwhile is literally a silverback gorilla and sits on the seat.
httpwwwdvdizzycomimagesg-iincred32jpg

dgeesi0 said:
anyone got a fanatec set up what rim would you say would be the best for dirt rally ? i prefer a smaller wheel if that helps. got package picked just not the rim.
You mean the CSW V2? I don't have one, but depending on what you like, a D-face with no depth, alternatively just a standard round. Fanatec gives you a lot of options. I spent some time looking at things like OMP, Sparco, and all them others and their all around $300 for a wheel rim, so I'd stick with one of the Fanatec ones.
JZStudios said:
dgeesi0 said:
anyone got a fanatec set up what rim would you say would be the best for dirt rally ? i prefer a smaller wheel if that helps. got package picked just not the rim.
You mean the CSW V2? I don't have one, but depending on what you like, a D-face with no depth, alternatively just a standard round. Fanatec gives you a lot of options. I spent some time looking at things like OMP, Sparco, and all them others and their all around $300 for a wheel rim, so I'd stick with one of the Fanatec ones.
Couldn't he just use some offbrand wheel rim from ebay? 
Didzis said:
JZStudios said:
dgeesi0 said:
Couldn't he just use some offbrand wheel rim from ebay? 
I suppose, but every manufacturer worth a damn I checked were all quite pricey, that's also only if he has the universal hub, which it seems like everything is basically now forced into having.
gfRally said:
KevM said:
So, I started clearing my garage out earlier.  Loaded up the car & headed for the local Recycle centre.   I was emptying my crap into the skip and seen this out the corner of my eye...

Brought it back & bolted it to an old broken office chair that was destined for the dump too! 

You should see my wife's face - lol

Dude, I like that!  I know exactly how your wife looked, cuz it's the exact look I got when mine saw what I had under a sheet in my basement.  

Nice find, here is mine.

I made this set up 15 years ago and it has evolved into this from starting with a CRT TV, PS2 and some wheel of that time to this.

http://i.imgur.com/KZzKGFP.jpg

Sorry not usually this bad at adding pictures?

Update Update Update!.

Added pedal extensions using some box section from the local hardware store. This really makes it feel more like a real set of pedals, very pleased with it. Also added a my own DIY version of a ricmotech style brake load cell. After a bit of tinkering with spring legnths (which included cutting down a nixim spring) it feels really good. Big improvement over std G27 spring.

Here is better view of whole thing.

Archived