Jump to content Jump to content

The Great Gaming Rig Thread

justbiglee

Here's my setup, the Openwheeler seat is new which I'm enjoying alot, I was using a stand before, but long sessions playing from my couch would make my back sore after awhile, so far this has been very comfortable. 
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Rseat RS1 Black (Button box/tablet + Keyboard/mouse trays) by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Rseat RS1 Black by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Rseat RS1 Black by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Updated with Alienware AW3418DW:

Quick look at my cockpit: https://youtu.be/wj3_Rws_180
I have a Trak Racer RS8 seat unit, coupled with a Logitech G920 for my XB1. Just sits in the lounge room, and I move it to the side when not it in use. Going to shortly put castors on it to aid the moving, as it's rather heavy! I have though, made my own external handbrake. Using a hydraulic hb unit, I have rigged a microswitch that is tapped off of the wheel unit's B button, carefully tapping off the circuit board. This was fiddly and a little risky, as if I damaged the tracks, the wheel unit would have been ruined. But for me, using the B button was the only option as by default B button is handbrake in most games. 

Check out my video linked here. Any questions, fire away.

https://youtu.be/H-48q4PmYdw
  • 3 months later...
Hi all, We have created a new dirt4 championship for the best drivers. Registration period is OPEN at https://wrcesports.com and we are glad to invite you. You also can register your team of 6-drivers or friends. Thanks in advance! It is the last championship and the we will continue with dirt 2.0.
Hi all, We have created a new dirt4 championship for the best drivers. Registration period is OPEN at https://wrcesports.com and we are glad to invite you. You also can register your team of 6-drivers or friends. Thanks in advance! It is the last championship and the we will continue with dirt 2.0.
I don't want to flag this as off topic, but maybe you posted this here by accident
maybe just post it in general seems odd posting it in this thread. also id re word it. best drivers. unless the best drivers are in it and how would you even know that ? the world championship didnt even have many in so wording is a bit loose ;)
gfRally said:
I don't want to flag this as off topic, but maybe you posted this here by accident
Yes, it was an accident :( I don't know how to remove it so, please flag as off topic!! My apologies
dgeesi0 said:
maybe just post it in general seems odd posting it in this thread. also id re word it. best drivers. unless the best drivers are in it and how would you even know that ? the world championship didnt even have many in so wording is a bit loose ;)
We've the champion and several finalist and semifinalist of the Volkswagen DiRT R Championship....so, WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE :)
you have people who took part. that doesnt mean they are the fastest. i know quite a few who could beat any of them.. some are on these very forums and never took part. either because they wouldnt be able to go or they just didnt like Dirt 4 or just because they dont want to do it. maybe as the prizes get better or bigger those people will take part. ;).

back on topic .......

logitech g29s have been as low as 109.99 on amazon today and thrustmaster t150s. check the black friday deals. great time to get a wheel.
  • 1 month later...
playseat ( not new playseat ) update for me, i change positions handbrake and th8a  i use my old broke playseat  parts with new same playseat and now the positions for handbrake and th8a is better . test  in this comment
Anyone have experience with the t300 on console? I had a g29 but felt the deadzone was offputting and overall ffb felt quite notchy. I was going to upgrade to fanatec csl but my budget is strained so I'm getting a t300 with an r383 rim. Just want to know you guys console experience and rally game experience with this wheel?
small update for my playseat and wheel  ( playseat more comfort for the feet ( i wait for testing but i think is work  )  and for  wheel i add  a small band in the middle of the wheel of the steering wheel  same than real rally car )  ;)
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived