Jump to content

(PS4) Always having Poor Starts

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,


Im having a recurrent issue with F1 2019. I'm always having poor starts. I drive with all assists off and I own a Logitech G29. No matter how I fiddle the throttle I always get poor starts. If I qualify P1, I get to P4 by the first corner even if I started well and on the right RPM. 

The car just seems to wheelspin more than the AI cars in Career mode.


Is there anything I might be doing wrong?

Thank you.


Regards,

 

Winz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Winzards said:

Hallo Leute,


Ich habe ein wiederkehrendes Problem mit F1 2019. Ich habe immer schlechte Starts. Ich fahre mit allen Hilfsmitteln und besitze einen Logitech G29. Egal wie ich Gas gebe, ich bekomme immer schlechte Starts. Wenn ich mich für P1 qualifiziere, komme ich in der ersten Kurve auf P4, auch wenn ich gut und mit der richtigen Drehzahl gestartet bin. 

Das Auto scheint sich im Karrieremodus mehr zu drehen als die KI-Autos.


Kann ich irgendetwas falsch machen?

Vielen Dank.


Grüße,

 

Winz

 

Hey.☺

Short question.

Do you push the gas pedal completely at the start or do you keep the revolutions at 11500?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Machtkarton3525 said:

Hey.☺

Short question.

Do you push the gas pedal completely at the start or do you keep the revolutions at 11500?

Hey! Thanks for replying!

 

I keep the revs to where the HUD says "Maintain Revs" which for my pedals (G29) is about 1/4 or 1/5 of the travel distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. ☺ 

You have written that you drive with all the assists. Try pushing the gas pedal through at the start.

With the traction control it is so that it slows you down a little in the acceleration phase (mostly in the rain). At the start it is very helpful but in the race it slows you down a little bit. Why I can give you the tip to make the assists gradually. In the beginning you will be slower, but after a while your pace will increase.

I drive completely without assists but I see with most of them driving with all assist that they push the gas pedal at the start fully.

I hope I could help you a little further.☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Machtkarton3525 said:

Ok. ☺ 

You have written that you drive with all the assists. Try pushing the gas pedal through at the start.

With the traction control it is so that it slows you down a little in the acceleration phase (mostly in the rain). At the start it is very helpful but in the race it slows you down a little bit. Why I can give you the tip to make the assists gradually. In the beginning you will be slower, but after a while your pace will increase.

I drive completely without assists but I see with most of them driving with all assist that they push the gas pedal at the start fully.

I hope I could help you a little further.☺

Hey Mate! No actually I drive with alll assists OFF which means I do not drive with assists (sometimes with dynamic racing line on but that's it). I uploaded a video showcasing my issue. This was during career mode in Italy and qualifying P2. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Winzards said:

Hey Mate! No actually I drive with alll assists OFF which means I do not drive with assists (sometimes with dynamic racing line on but that's it). I uploaded a video showcasing my issue. This was during career mode in Italy and qualifying P2. 

 

 

 Oh sorry for the misunderstanding.

In which season are you in your career. I'll assume you're in Season 3 because you're already in the front row with the McLaren.

1. You have very strong spinning rear wheels. This may be because of the transmission setting.

What did you set in the transmission?

2. Try to switch to the 4 gear as quickly as possible, which also brings you additional traction.

But the AI is pretty hard to beat at the starts. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Machtkarton3525 said:

 Oh sorry for the misunderstanding.

In which season are you in your career. I'll assume you're in Season 3 because you're already in the front row with the McLaren.

1. You have very strong spinning rear wheels. This may be because of the transmission setting.

What did you set in the transmission?

2. Try to switch to the 4 gear as quickly as possible, which also brings you additional traction.

But the AI is pretty hard to beat at the starts. 

 

Tried to change the differential, and it made a difference. I'm still getting past by the AI but far less than before. Thank you.

 

Any other suggestions welcome! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

change fuel to rich at start as well. Watch also few e-sport clips to see how they (pros) start and than try do the same what can take a lof of time to make it perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What i just thought of☺.

Try to set the ERS a little lower at the start, and once you have full traction, you can set the ERS higher again. This should give the additional traction in the first part of the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've given up. Also play in a PS4, thrustmaster T300, warm up my tyres, etc, but there is no way to get a decent start. My car always has wheelspin and the AI flies off...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In F1 2019 the AI at the start are known to be OP so I honestly don't think its anything you are doing wrong. Just try your best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m same on pad on PS4. I’ve had one decent start on 2019. Was at Monaco and it caught me off guard that I got a good getaway so didn’t really react well enough and lost my front wing going into turn 1.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Known issue that the AI are very overpowered at the start. I gave myself 3 goes at the starts to counter this lol. Sometimes I just let them pass then set it up so I can dive bomb them at the first corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After over 10 complete seasons in game, AI can be totally frustrating. One trick I would say is to use Lean and Manual starts off the line. 
After which time depending on the track if there’s a long straight or close first corner go to Mix 2 or 3.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a better setup anyone uses for manual starts than I currently use? I have Thrustmaster T150 and use the R3 button as the clutch, only time I use it is start and pit release which is why I've not mapped it to the buttons on the wheel. Just seems it's all or nothing on that button but not sure how to improve it. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cmon guys, he have simple question and I know what his issue is.
He do not use clutch?
So when you start, with pad/wheel, press and hold throttle. Then when lights on greens reliase throttle/clutch and you get very nice start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Danielsik said:

Cmon guys, he have simple question and I know what his issue is.
He do not use clutch?
So when you start, with pad/wheel, press and hold throttle. Then when lights on greens reliase throttle/clutch and you get very nice start.

He has no assists on? Therefore manual starts? If he's using assisted start then you're absolutely right but I'd assume he's not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Danielsik @kenuf I think he has manual start assist off. In the video you can see the "hold/release clutch" prompt on the screen.

I don't know how to improve his starts though. Maybe he could go a little more aggressive on the throttle and the short shifting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to say, I think you need to short shift up through the gears quicker. You’re in 1st for a while.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Mintona said:

I was going to say, I think you need to short shift up through the gears quicker. You’re in 1st for a while.

Exactly my thoughts. The first stage of acceleration is arguably the most important one as your speed mid-straight will be mostly determined by how soon and how well you applied throttle. 

Chain bear has a great video about racing lines that touch on the subject briefly with some math put to it. I have it timestamped here to 2:43.

And all gears go through all revs. The system is suggesting you to stay at, say, 11500 revs? Ok, but in 1st or 2nd gear? There is a huge difference to torque vs wheel rotational speed based on the gear you are in. Seems to me that OP is spinning in place, which suggests that his gear ratio is delivering way more torque than his grip allows for and way less wheel speed than he desires. A higher gear will do the trick.  

Edit: fresh out of the register form? Haha welcome @Mintona

Edited by marioho
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, marioho said:

@Danielsik @kenuf I think he has manual start assist off. In the video you can see the "hold/release clutch" prompt on the screen.

I don't know how to improve his starts though. Maybe he could go a little more aggressive on the throttle and the short shifting?

I Hear you, but you can see about video what he send that he dont press and hold Clutch. Thats the biggest issue why he so much wheel spin on starts.
So first hold throttle and release throttle when green goes ON. Thats first step, if after that you still struggle on starts, ask for more advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×