Nationalities in audio names

I'm way too late with this request so I put it down for 2021 but can you put nationalities as audio names in the game like "The American", 'The Frenchman", "The Belgian", ..? 

After years I haven't found any suitable name in the audio names whilst I share a surname with one of the drivers 🤷‍♀️

I'm gonna turn this into a rant as from the audio names I just saw in a character customization video it's clear that there still has been no change to the audio names. It's frustrating and annoying me for years. I can accept the fact that my name is not in the list but there are no good alternatives if the real name you want is not in the list. The Rainmaster, Mr Monaco, The captain. Nothing I can relate to. Codemasters have done a good job of immersing the player into the game. But being called a nickname I don't like is really breaking the immersion for me. There must be more alternatives possible than the suggested nationalities probably. Maybe I'm getting to old but what happend to the good old "Player One"? I can relate to that :classic_biggrin:

My name is in the game so I'm lucky, but I can definitely see how this can be frustrating for those players where it is not.

CM are also in a difficult situation as they can't feasibly add all the possible names in the world, so I like the idea of more nicknames and nationalities.

• Like 1

At least for every nationality that has a flag in the game. And maybe add “The” before a few nicknames?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Spare a though for all the players with the surname Hamilton who can't use it even though it's obviously been recorded for the game.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, digsthebunny said:

Spare a though for all the players with the surname Hamilton who can't use it even though it's obviously been recorded for the game.

I feel your pain. I have the same surname as one of the drivers. So I know my name is in the audio files. But since they only use last names I have to accept it will never be in there.  Very frustrating when your name is in there but can't use it. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, digsthebunny said:

That's odd, I wonder whether it is simply an oversight or the usual "licensing issues" which would be bizarre, but what other reason would there be?

Edited by CarloLewis

Not being funny but FIFA have done it? Just need Crofty to spend a couple days going through the phone book. 😉

• Haha 1