I unfortunately use 2 assists, TC set to medium and Anti-Lock Brakes set to on. I am still relatively new to F1 games. I purchased F1 2019 in early 2020 and my Super License was issued on March 12th 2020 for some context. This is my first ever F1 game. The current Featured Event in Britain I am currently in P9. I have the 5th fastest overall time....for now. I decided to attempt a run through with the Anti-Lock Brakes off to see what I'm missing out on. Basically it's an extra 5,000 points. I wish I didn't know lol but it makes me want to learn to take one step forward and learn to drive with it off. I guess if you are new to the game, I suggest driving with it off as soon as you can so you don't max yourself out like me. I'm on the Leaderboard where it's a sea of no assists, I stand out like a sore thumb. I guess I have 3 and a half days to sort it out.

• Like 2

So for anybody reading this, I basically swapped my scores out. I used only TC medium and bettered my score by 145 points. I was around 5 seconds slower overall but the assists bonus made up for that. I just need to figure out how to go faster now. Still P9. Apparently I pick things up quick

Update/ added another 816 points. Found some more time. Moved up to P8. Getting the hang of breaking in a straight line and not fully braking to the max. Almost have to pump it ever so gently (sounds bad I know) 

Update/ had about as good of a run as I could have. Added 1,188 points and moved into P6. I think I'm done trying now. No way I'm beating that. 

To everybody that reads this I hope you found it somewhat entertaining lol

Posted (edited)

How many hours a day are you driving? ? 

And any view other than cockpit should be penalised as an assist. 

Edited by Pin6all_Wizard
  • Haha 2

Just now, Pin6all_Wizard said:

How many hours a day are you driving? ? 

That's a good question. I would say on average 5-7. Just a rough estimate. Some days I try to not go on but it calls to me. And days like today when I'm in a groove and I see what my potential is, I'm on at least 8 hours.. in intervals of course.

If Covid didn't happen, maybe 2-3 hours a day. I've always liked racing games and I'm addicted to these Weekly Events. Plus watching Formula 1 Drive to Survive on Netflix really got me into F1. I'm hooked now

15 minutes ago, Pin6all_Wizard said:

And any view other than cockpit should be penalised as an assist. 

There's a reason most don't use it. You can't see sh#t. It's cool to use if your having a bit of fun and trying to mimic real life but utterly useless for competing. When I first got the game I drove in cockpit cam all the time. Took me a while to realize I could remove the halo. When I tried tv-pod I never turned back. You're entitled to your opinion but you should understand everybody can choose whatever view they like. It's an equal playing field. People shouldn't be penalised because you think they should drive with cockpit cam. I think you should be penalised for using cockpit cam... see how stupid that sounds

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

>You can't see sh#t.

Really. How does a real F1 driver manage then?? 

Well, people complain it is not a realistic game/sim and the first thing they do is not drive in a realistic driving position!! 

Alex Albon drives CV, and seems to do quite well! 

CV is more difficult. As Kennedy effectively said in 1961 - "we are not doing it because it is easy". 

But if everyone used it for competing, the lap times would be more realistic as well. And there would be a level playing field. 

Edited by Pin6all_Wizard
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pin6all_Wizard said:

Really. How does a real F1 driver manage then?? 

Are you really comparing real life to a stationary view point in a game lol. In the real world you can look in your mirrors and turn your head and actually see better because it's the real world. Plus they manage it because they've had thousands of hours behind the wheel. We're playing a game so maybe you should get better at it and stop being bitter towards those who are already good at it.

6 hours ago, Pin6all_Wizard said:

Alex Albon drives CV, and seems to do quite well! 

George Russell drives tv-pod and wins. Quite well don't bring home the victories 

6 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

Are you really comparing real life to a stationary view point in a game lol. In the real world you can look in your mirrors and turn your head and actually see better because it's the real world. Plus they manage it because they've had thousands of hours behind the wheel. We're playing a game so maybe you should get better at it and stop being bitter towards those who are already good at it.

He should be sorry for not agreeing with you.

51 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

He should be sorry for not agreeing with you.

We're having an adult conversation here so maybe refrain from posting comments on my threads that are only designed to start a confrontation. Thanks

• Haha 1

>stop being bitter towards those who are already good at it.

I'm not. But perhaps I would be if I spent hours a day at it.  And realised I had to sit on the airbox to get better.  I enjoy cockpit view for the challenge. 

Realism is my simple point. Driving a car sat on the roof is not realistic.  Just like sitting on the tail fin for an aircraft sim wouldn't be realistic. 

If one is going to do something,  do it properly!!  And if everyone used cockpit for competitive lap times,  it would be a level playing field. 

3 hours ago, Pin6all_Wizard said:

>stop being bitter towards those who are already good at it.

I'm not. But perhaps I would be if I spent hours a day at it.  And realised I had to sit on the airbox to get better.  I enjoy cockpit view for the challenge. 

Realism is my simple point. Driving a car sat on the roof is not realistic.  Just like sitting on the tail fin for an aircraft sim wouldn't be realistic. 

If one is going to do something,  do it properly!!  And if everyone used cockpit for competitive lap times,  it would be a level playing field. 

YES SIR!! Enjoy your Cockpit view. I'll enjoy getting the most out of the game by not using it 👍

>In the real world you can look in your mirrors and turn your head and actually see better because it's the real world.

Oh really.  Have you sat in something generating decent g forces on the head??  Your head is not moving anywhere to get a better view.  It is not like sitting in a hatchback with a simple seat belt and moving around to look out.  One is strapped very firmly into a seat and head isn't going anywhere.  Next time you are near a bob run, have a go in the trainer bob and you'll find you can barely lift your head to look in a different direction other than between your legs.

I'd have some respect if you got all your points and bragging from cockpit view!!

Posted (edited)

Again, enjoy your Cockpit view. Not once did I brag, I don't need nor want your respect. It would mean nothing to me. Everybody now knows you're an expert at life and we should all abide by what you say, if we don't, our accomplishments mean nothing. I await your last word as you will surely need it.... this thread was about my learning curve with Anti-Lock Brakes being turned off. There's people on here who enjoy reading things like that so next time maybe use your brain and keep your pointless and unrelatable comments to yourself. You love cockpit cam, we get it. If we don't use it we shouldn't be recognized for achievements. You're not good at the game, we get it. You're bitter towards those who are, we get it. Now tell me to F off so hopefully we can end this and you'll go away. 

Edited by Mike5500