MyTeam audio name or reference

Posted (edited)

My Team has gotten me all excited. Instead of pondering what team I will start out with, the choices I have to make this year before I can start have grown exceptionally. What will be my team colors? what will be my badge (logo)? what will be my team name? ...

I heard some good criteria to base a team name on, like picking one of the audio names. But how will my team be referenced to in the game? Are there audio names for the team or will we be referenced to in the commentary as "the new team' because if we are called 'the new team" I'm calling my team New. But if it would be called New I would choose other colors than if the audio names could also be a real name like Jackson. 

Someone in the know who wants to leak that bit of information? :classic_cool:

Edited by BelgiumDude

They will go with "the new team" cuz we can write whatever we wan;t and always there will be name that won't be referenced in the commentary. They could make some nicknames for team like "Rookies" "Arrows" something like that but the full name that you write is not gonna be referenced in commentary for 99,9%

Yes I understand that the commentators won't work like Siri but I won't know which reference the commentators will use when I choose my team name until I get to the first track. If they use "the new team" or "The 11th team" I would call my team New or Eleventh. Which makes the immersion complete.

34 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Yes I understand that the commentators won't work like Siri but I won't know which reference the commentators will use when I choose my team name until I get to the first track. If they use "the new team" or "The 11th team" I would call my team New or Eleventh. Which makes the immersion complete.

nah it's just ruin the imerssion imo cuz non team would be named 11th team XD so no in not immersion for me

New Motorsports or Scuderia Undicesimo would be an awesome name for a fantasy F1 team :classic_cool:

If there's an option for it I imagine there'll either be a selection of stock names (like with the drivers) or former team names like Jordan, Tyrrell etc.

But I think it's more likely it'll be refered to as the new team.

• Agree 1

new team would be bad,because it would be stupid to be fifth season and still be called new team.

Maybe the team name is not mentioned at all.

I'd imagin ethey'll just have a nickname system same as with driver name. The game will likely jus tuse whatever nicknam eyou choos efor your team.

• Agree 1

I mean, Racing Point are referred to as the pink Panthers. So maybe nicknames will be in. 

Maybe also country of origin? The French team, the British team etc. 

• Like 1