F1® 2020 | Pre-Season Testing

F1® 2020 | Pre-Season Testing  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Pre-Season Testing in F1® 2020?

• Yes
    • No

Posted (edited)

Hello,

i was wondering if there is a Pre-Season Testing in the career mode before the F1 season starts in normal career and myteam career mode.

I think it is really cool if you have 3 pre season sessions on spain before the seasons starts like 3 practice sessions, so that we are be able to upgrade something before the season starts. And offcourse you need to be able to simulate them for the people that don't like it. 
Let your thoughts know in the reactions so that we can see how much people also wants this.

That was my idea / suggestion i hope it will come into the game because it is really realistic because in reallife you have it too.

Kind regards,

Rik Meijers

Edited by rikmeijers2002
  • Agree 2

I suggested the idea last year (or maybe the year before) that they could incorporate pre season testing into the game to then tell you where the cars weaknesses are, ie start off not knowing how the R&D tree looks but during testing you get to see what aspects need the most work, ie chassis for aerodynamic improvements, engine power development etc.

They could also use it as a way of suggesting the ideal difficulty for the game too based on your best lap times, think similarly to the qualifying practice programme where you have to do a series of laps and it could automatically suggest or set a difficulty percentage based off the best lap time before you head off to Australia. 

I tweeted Paul Jeal back when we had pre season testing earlier this year and here was his response... “sorry but it’s not something in this years game but some nice ideas there & rest assured that we’ve spoken about it many times. It’s on a long list of ideas we have but behind a few others were particularly excited by”. 

Never say never but for now it looks as though it’s on the back burner but could be implemented later down the line in future instalments.

Hope that helps 

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 3

The only pre season thing i can see is tied to an achievement and its unveiling your car in myteam but i imagine that's just gonna be a livery/sponsor thing.

Pre season how you've proposed it would be a nice addition.

5 hours ago, stephensmattlee said:

They could also use it as a way of suggesting the ideal difficulty for the game too based on your best lap times, think similarly to the qualifying practice programme where you have to do a series of laps and it could automatically suggest or set a difficulty percentage based off the best lap time before you head off to Australia. 

They could for sure. I am running 2 Spain GPs with P+Q+R before starting career, in order to simulate pre-season testing and find my difficulty. :classic_laugh:

For this we probably would have to be given an end of season points bonus and a part where we see what upgrades a new team you go to have before Australia and Testing

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, stephensmattlee said:

I suggested the idea last year (or maybe the year before) that they could incorporate pre season testing into the game to then tell you where the cars weaknesses are, ie start off not knowing how the R&D tree looks but during testing you get to see what aspects need the most work, ie chassis for aerodynamic improvements, engine power development etc.

I tweeted Paul Jeal back when we had pre season testing earlier this year and here was his response... “sorry but it’s not something in this years game but some nice ideas there & rest assured that we’ve spoken about it many times. It’s on a long list of ideas we have but behind a few others were particularly excited by”. 

Never say never but for now it looks as though it’s on the back burner but could be implemented later down the line in future instalments.

Hope that helps 

I hope they do it in an update for F1® 2020. I think it will be a very good update to this years game, and it makes career mode and myteam career mode even more realistic. or codemasters will surprise us and it is included in the release. idk but I hope it comes to this years game on the release or in an update.

• Agree 1

Yes this! I've absolutely wanted this for a long time. Just a small optional couple of practice sessions at Catalunya. It would make the career a lot more immersive between seasons and provide a proper split between them. At the moment I think it's too quick of a jump straight into the next one. It would also make moving teams really cool as you test and get used to the new car. You can probably throw some balanced R&D point generation in there for completing all the tests etc.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yup, this is something that should be next on the list of improvements for the single player. As most have said, have them act like practice sessions. There's 6(?) days of testing so could have different practice programmes taking place over that course. Then obviously the more laps you do the better but there should be an option to simulate it (like you can with practice programmes in 2019) so you'll get some extra resource points.

Could throw some variation in and use the pre-season test to "upgrade" the upgrades. Have seperate resource points just for the pre-season test and you can spend those to change minor upgrades to major upgrades, or major upgrades to ultimate upgrades etc. Or you can spend them on reducing the cost/time required for upgrades over the course of the season instead of having that as part of your contract. With how My Team and Career looks like it's changing you can maybe use pre-season resource points to train your teammate too. So rather than just directly improving the car over pre-season, you improve the potential of the car. Then obviously it would all be affected by rule changes so you'll need to spend them wisely. Would make each season more interesting as you won't know the full potential of your rivals as it'll be different every season and after every rule change so you can't just guess by starting a new game on a seperate file to check each teams upgrade path.

Edited by Liaveil
  • Agree 1

I would like to see this in the game.

Always I do my pre-season making some FP1 at Barcelona, in a GP mode. This is determine in wich AI difficult leve I will start my career.

If I choose start from F2 my pre-season will be Bahrain.

• Agree 2

I'm pretty sure there will be, at least in the new My Team mode.  If you pay attention to the last trailer, there is a part that shows the development history of the teams in the first season.  And there is an evolution of the teams before Australia.  This usually happens from one season to another, but as the trailer shows that they are in the first season, I concluded that there will be a pre-season.

Yes it should be in there as you are managing your own team, now it's important you know what your car capable of is to start a new season.

• Agree 1

This would be so cool in myteam! Because we could test different chassis and maybe aero (kinda like in the moto gp game) 👍😊

On 6/23/2020 at 6:48 PM, EduCalza said:

I would like to see this in the game.

Always I do my pre-season making some FP1 at Barcelona, in a GP mode. This is determine in wich AI difficult leve I will start my career.

If I choose start from F2 my pre-season will be Bahrain.

Yeah i do the same.  I play championship mode and use practice 3 as my test sessions and do 8hrs. 1hr per for 8 days of testing. Altho this will be reduced to 6 hrs for the 2020 game when i start playing it next year. But would be great if they could put it in the game.

• Like 1