Ghost cars out of track in time trial

Time trial is really extremely strict with leaving the track and doesn't usually care if it was a mistake that actually cost you some time. So even when you don't take any advantage, your lap doesn't count. So this makes me wonder: How come I get to drive against ghosts of other players that drive COMPLETELY out of track?!? How in the world did they have their laps count? Bug, broken, cheat? It's annoying...

I've witnessed similar things. Ghosts disappearing after turn 1. No ghost at all. Top times in TT with no setup. I don't know what these people do but I can say it's not legit. Go put the top ghosts from Monaco on and watch the wall riding commence. It's pathetic. TT is incredibly strict so I feel your pain. If it exists, people will find a way to cheat.

1 hour ago, Mike5500 said:

I've witnessed similar things. Ghosts disappearing after turn 1. No ghost at all. Top times in TT with no setup. I don't know what these people do but I can say it's not legit. Go put the top ghosts from Monaco on and watch the wall riding commence. It's pathetic. TT is incredibly strict so I feel your pain. If it exists, people will find a way to cheat.

I never have ghosts on but I can definitely agree with Monaco, though. Last autumn I was driving it in the wet in TT and found somewhere in between 1.5-2 seconds of laptime by wallriding the hairpin with full throttle in 2nd gear. Just had to get the angle right but after that I could do it about four times out of five.

EVERY track in time trial has cheaters at 1st ou 2nd with seconds away from others. If you play Time Trial and select 1st player at leaderboard you will se they drive out of the track and to a lot of weird things, obviously cheating and Codemaster do nothing about it. Since last year I play F1 2019 and now F1 2020 and the same player is in 1st place cheating and nothing happens. Its a shame.

Codemasters, please go to Time Trial from time to time and examine top players at the leaderboard and ban the cheaters please.