Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2020 pre download steam

Recommended Posts

When will F1 2020 be available for pre download in Steam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, naim786 said:

When will F1 2020 be available for pre download in Steam?

Usually about 2-3 days before going live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive heard its not worth pre-loading unless your internet speed is terrible. Uses more hard disk space and longer to unpack then just downloading on release day.

Anyone think its worth it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

Ive heard its not worth pre-loading unless your internet speed is terrible. Uses more hard disk space and longer to unpack then just downloading on release day.

Anyone think its worth it?

At least with F1 2016, it would've been quicker to download the game than wait for like 4-5 hours for it to decode. I was using a HDD, so that certainly has some effect in it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UP100 said:

At least with F1 2016, it would've been quicker to download the game than wait for like 4-5 hours for it to decode. I was using a HDD, so that certainly has some effect in it.

wow that is long
i think had normally from 15 to 30 min at longest

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the fortunate situation to have a 1000 Mbit/s connection (Download). I remember having to download games with a 6 Mbit/s connection, it was a pain. 

I just checked and for F1 2019, preload was available roughly 60 hours (2 1/2 days) before the release of the Legends Edition.

Obviously it won't be exactly the same for F1 2020, but potentially the preload for the Schumacher Edition could begin on Saturday (4th July).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Usually about 2-3 days before going live.

so if I have deluxe edition i'll be able to pre download on 5th or 6th right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ZtwoA said:

so if I have deluxe edition i'll be able to pre download on 5th or 6th right?

Something like that, yes at least. Even if you pre-download there with still be the Day 1 patch....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Something like that, yes at least. Even if you pre-download there with still be the Day 1 patch....

is the day1  patch usually big?
I have a very slow internet (2mb),it may not be worthwhile to transfer the pre load and then have a very large patch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that "early access" thing...

3 days before release...

but I think that it will be only "available to download" 3 days earlier.

still wait to play till the 10th of the month...

am I wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mscforever said:

that "early access" thing...

3 days before release...

but I think that it will be only "available to download" 3 days earlier.

still wait to play till the 10th of the month...

am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. You can play on the 7th: 3 day early acces, like each year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, relampagopt said:

is the day1  patch usually big?
I have a very slow internet (2mb),it may not be worthwhile to transfer the pre load and then have a very large patch

Without wanting to give too much away I think it will be quite large yes.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×