Sign in to follow this  

Thank You Codies Yet Again For This... (60fps on console)

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

But the game was a rock-solid 60fps on all consoles. That felt really good. Could be a stage win in there! 

That's just not true.
There are still parts on some stages, were the framerate dropes quite heavily.

Since it's always at the same spots and always in the same way, I got used to it.
But it's definitely not "rock-solid"...not even close.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan

@richie UE4 isn't very good engine in general (too many visual artifacts this generation), but for racing, it just isn't suitable for it. Any racing game you look, be it MotoGP, Grip or Competizione. I bet it's easier to use than writing or maintaining your own, that's for sure, but that doesn't mean it's suitable.

11 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

But it's definitely not "rock-solid"...not even close.

Ok, dirt-solid?

8 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Ok, dirt-solid?

Yeah, better this way, than having 30fps.

I also think they worked on that over the year after release, because it isn't as extreme, as it was at release.
Still noticable, but "ok".

Posted (edited)

I've been playing ACC non-stop on PS4 since it released. The 30fps isn't actually that bad and you get used to it after a while. The physics, sound, immersion, and detail are absolutely incredible. I tried playing GT Sport yesterday after 2 weeks of playing nothing but ACC and how 'simcade' leaning towards arcade the physics are really stood out after playing ACC. 

Yeah 30fps would be better but the game has dynamic weather and day-night transitions too. DR2.0 doesn't. GT Sport doesn't. Sacrifices have to be made somewhere. And let's not forget that DR2.0 was only 1080p and extremely blurry on PS4 Pro at launch. It took a patch and ton of community complaints for them to get it up to 1440p and soften the blur.

ACC is 1440p on PS4 Pro or if you run it at 1080p mode you get better draw distance and anti-aliasing. 

F1 2020 and ACC are two different player bases imo so I don't necessarily think F1 is gonna take players away from ACC. 

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2020 at 3:32 PM, Tranzitive said:

Yeah 30fps would be better but the game has dynamic weather and day-night transitions too. DR2.0 doesn't. GT Sport doesn't. Sacrifices have to be made somewhere. 

Project CARS 2 runs a near solid 60fps (in "high framerate" mode), has upto 40 cars on track at the same time as well as full dynamic weather and day/night cycles so no, sacrifices don't have to be made at all. Sure, PC2 was a launch disaster but the key factor when comparing it to ACC was that the basics were already in place and just needed improving upon, whereas ACC's entry point doesn't really offer much in the way of optimism when looking at the game's long term potential. The bottom line is that given the relatively high performance and potential of X1X/PS4 Pro as well as considering the games that have already been and gone we shouldn't even be discussing 30fps in today's day and age.

Such is my disappointment of ACC I kind of wish that it was was never released on current gen consoles because the levels of compromise made in order to port it from PC is perhaps just a little too much to come to terms with. The worst thing is that with no real alternatives on the horizon i'm personally left with the choice of lumping it and hoping for the best with ACC or once again rewinding 3 years in order to play a half decent racing simulator.  

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Agree 1

On the GT3 side you don't have many alternatives on console really, Forza Motorsport 7 and GT Sport are good at what they do, but ACC is more hardcore-leaning than either of those. That really does leave you with Project CARS 2.

Meanwhile, F1 2020 runs like a dream on console; according to Digital Foundry the Xbox One X version is near PC's max settings at near-enough 4k/60 on-track (30fps off-track in replays however).

On 7/9/2020 at 5:32 PM, Tranzitive said:

I've been playing ACC non-stop on PS4 since it released. The 30fps isn't actually that bad and you get used to it after a while. The physics, sound, immersion, and detail are absolutely incredible. I tried playing GT Sport yesterday after 2 weeks of playing nothing but ACC and how 'simcade' leaning towards arcade the physics are really stood out after playing ACC.

Came here to take my words back.
I spent more and some more time with ACC on PS4 Pro and yes, it´s fantastic game however those few problems shoud fix asap.
Like Aris say at his videos, there been nothing like this before on consoles. This one is HC sim.
4k 60fps HDR would be great, hope they do that possible for next gen consoles.
Do not leave this game to shop just because there´s complains over the net...it´s not polished product yet but I´m sure it will be.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ArisDrives/videos

• Agree 1

On 7/13/2020 at 12:41 PM, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Project CARS 2 runs a near solid 60fps (in "high framerate" mode), has upto 40 cars on track at the same time as well as full dynamic weather and day/night cycles so no, sacrifices don't have to be made at all.

PC2 has quite some issues with the base Xbox One. Sure, not FPS wise but the SETA tyre model is quite processor intensive, adding LiveTrack3.0 to that caused a lot of syncing issues, people weren't experiencing the same track conditions, sometimes between sessions car behaviour would change from normal to suddenly feeling like driving on ice etc. I think with the Series X and PS5 on the horizon this will hopefully be the last time that games can't be enjoyed to the fullest due to the sheer lack of processing power. The One X will get cheaper and soon the base Xbox One will be just a vague memory of the past ^^

Can't go wrong with having a more powerful CPU 🙂 

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Can't go wrong with having a more powerful CPU 🙂 

Yeah, I think the PS5 and the Series X will be as powerful as low, maybe even mid-range gaming PCs

Posted (edited)

Problem is the standard will shift to ray tracing imagery and it will remain all about the screenshots. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if 30fps turns up again on the next gen of consoles. 

So what does ACC offer that PC2 is lacking, such that a console player would give up half the frame rate? 

Edited by Jake Cushing

On 7/13/2020 at 6:41 PM, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Project CARS 2 runs a near solid 60fps (in "high framerate" mode), has upto 40 cars on track at the same time as well as full dynamic weather and day/night cycles so no, sacrifices don't have to be made at all.

PC2 is also garbage. ACC has an incredibly complex physics model which is very CPU intensive. 

And they've just patched it to 1080p 60fps on PS4 Pro now anyway, with a slight bit of a graphics downgrade when running it in 60fps mode.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

And they've just patched it to 1080p 60fps on PS4 Pro now anyway, with a slight bit of a graphics downgrade when running it in 60fps mode.

Is there a source for this? I can't seem to find anything on the net about it.

I'd consider buying it if they get the One X version to 60fps...

I think ACC physics, at least the v.1.3.7 version is over-rated. The way they modeled the 2018 Porsche is outrageous, an unstable mess. The handling is vastly improved from AC and they reduced the astronomical understeer but you can't ignore the lack of stability of the cars. Losing grip for no reason is so unrealistic and flawed, I don't know why Kunos can't get this right. It really does some strange things at times. If you drive over a kerb it feels like the car's falling apart. The Bentley is fantastic though, very stable, Lexus seems to be similar. That's how GT race cars drive IRL. 

I hope they'll update the console version to the same physics as on PC. At the moment the Xbox version is a mess. Frame rates are even worse after the update, more disconnections and game crashes and bugs. They outsourced private servers. Now you have to spend money for private servers on top of the money for your Xbox Live subscription. Great. The company who provides these servers tripled the price after just a few days. GG, well played. xD  

Night racing is a joke, headlights are too dim. All in all, not looking good on Xbox. I'd love to say more positive things but the game's a mess atm, no other way to describe it. 

Edited by richie
  • Confused 1

I'm hoping Project CARS 3 runs well on Xbox 🤔

The game looks like a lot of fun, a fresh Forza essentially.

• Agree 1

I think so too. It'll be fun and it'll look gorgeous in 4k 60 FPS, with an amazing weather system, all seasons, 24h cycle, LiveTrack 3.0, with a simplified SETA but sim-like handling. I'd say Forza deluxe with quality instead of quantity (not diminishing Forza here) based on the Madness engine with vastly superior physics. I think I'm going to pick this up. ^^

Edited by richie