F1 2019 Manual ERS and fuel mix

I'm trying to use right thumb stick to alter fuel mix and ERS deployment. I've unbound these up/down/left/right inputs for their usual camera use and bound them to the ERS and fuel mix inputs...but doesn't seem to work on the track! Do I need to turn off auto ERS/fuelmix somewhere in game? Thank you.

Yes, you need to set those assists off to be able to change fuel and ERS modes on the track.

I've done exactly that:

Right stick up/down: ERS mode up/down
Right stick left/right: Fuel mix up/down
R3: Rearview camera

R3 is when you click on the right thumbstick.

Thanks for replying marioho. I've ( kind of) sorted the issue. I reckon that manual ERS/ fuel mix can't be used in Time Trial. Makes sense that ERS and fuel will be automatically set to highest settings so that you can set a faster lap time.......apologies to all you seasoned F1 gamers for me not realizing the obvious. I found the auto/manual setting for ERS within the career menu.....in the practice/ qualifying rounds prior to race day. And manual ERS/fuel mix works well......until I choose that manage fuel learning thing/scenario within the practice session and then it goes awry. Can't seem to manage fuel management either with dpad or right stick settings!!

• Like 1

I use the Shortcut MFD screen. Did you put it there?

20191003_143907.thumb.jpg.cdde58914210fb3e18fb485788c956ee.jpg20191028_234534.thumb.jpg.4974f9a760691bab4a710b37897ec78a.jpg

And i have Fuel and ERS as manual, otherwise it will not work.

i hope this helps you

• Thanks 1

@Scrogs you can't change the ERS and fuel settings in the fuel saving program. That is by design. The purpose of that program is to teach you to save fuel with your driving by forcing you to save fuel only with your driving.

It is basically a tutorial on how to lift and coast. This is a technique in where the driver lifts the foot on the throttle pedal and lets the air drag slow the car down instead of hitting the brakes. There are videos on youtube that will teach you how to use it properly.

Otherwise you're good, you made all the necessary changes yourself.

• Like 1

Ahhhh.......I get it now. Thanks for explaining the fuel saving program marioho. I'm all sorted now. 

• Like 1