Sign in to follow this  

A.i in france 2019 game.

has anyone had problems in france with the a.i pace. Having won the race in canada on level 95 and then going to france on same level and there pace was ridiculous. Especailly when in the 2018 game i won the race on level 90 and also codies do seem to have upped the levels within the levels on the 19 game.  Not good i say. 

I thought it was just me :classic_biggrin:
I usually play around 94-95% (career mode), with a keyboard, therefore with "half assists" (TC medium+ABS). At Paul Ricard, I can be as fast as the AI (if not faster by 1/10th) in Sector 1 and 2, but I generally lose about 1s just in the last sector...
In my observations (but I might be wrong), the AI seems ridiculously fast exiting Turn 8 (the long right after Signes) but MOSTLY Turn 12 (final hairpin). Nothing I can do in Quali, but in race I generally use the ERS in this portion, hoping I can keep up...

From a balance point of view, there are some tracks where the AI is, well... not very well balanced 🙂 : we will generally "overpower" them in Montreal, Spielberg, Spa or Monza, and they will be on another planet in Budapest (Sector 3), Suzuka (Sector 1 & 3) or Singapour (the first long straight in Sector 1).

But again, those are my observations in career, and I can be completely wrong.

Glad im not the only one. Especially as in canada i won that race all on level 95. Oh well shame as im well off the title hunt. Austria next weekend then and see if im back on the pace again.

Im playing on level 90 and won in Monaco and France, but not Canada. I think I’ve got the game the wrong way around!

I must agree they seem to be on another level in Hungary though. Maybe I’m just not good at that circuit.

Yeah this is known and it's same for me. It's not unplayable but they're certainly a bit quicker. For me it's the same in Baku and Japan.

Funny, i came across France yesterday in my career. 2nd on the grid behind Hamilton, both on softs at first. Till the first stop he was driving away from me with ridiculous speed and i had to hold off everyone behind me. I got a new pit stop strategy of my team and agreed with it. 2 laps more before pitting. After putting on the mediums (and everyone else) i was much faster than Hamilton and easily the quickest on the field. Eventually i passed Hamilton and drove away from everyone. Hamilton broke down couple of laps later, and don't know if it's coincidence or i really was much quicker after the pitstop. So i won for the first time the French Grand Prix. So i was a bit amazed really, because indeed French is a strange track to drive on compared with the AI. Was it the tyre change? I don't know.

3 hours ago, Heinos said:

Funny, i came across France yesterday in my career. 2nd on the grid behind Hamilton, both on softs at first. Till the first stop he was driving away from me with ridiculous speed and i had to hold off everyone behind me. I got a new pit stop strategy of my team and agreed with it. 2 laps more before pitting. After putting on the mediums (and everyone else) i was much faster than Hamilton and easily the quickest on the field. Eventually i passed Hamilton and drove away from everyone. Hamilton broke down couple of laps later, and don't know if it's coincidence or i really was much quicker after the pitstop. So i won for the first time the French Grand Prix. So i was a bit amazed really, because indeed French is a strange track to drive on compared with the AI. Was it the tyre change? I don't know.

It happens to me quite often during my 100% career races. I experience these phases in which I'm way slower and lose up to almost a second per lap to the AI for a consistent 15 laps. At that point I think I've got no chance to recover. But after a pit stop (sometimes even without having pitted) the situation turns 180 degrees and I start lapping faster than the others. It's not even always the case that I improve significantly, the AI just seems to go slower all of a sudden. I actually like it, cause it makes for very entertaining races. You get passed but also will get the chance to recover and pass your rivals. Maybe it has to do with the AI suffering more from tyre degradation on certain tyres at certain tracks than we do. I don't know.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Falstojudilofa said:

It happens to me quite often during my 100% career races. I experience these phases in which I'm way slower and lose up to almost a second per lap to the AI for a consistent 15 laps. At that point I think I've got no chance to recover. But after a pit stop (sometimes even without having pitted) the situation turns 180 degrees and I start lapping faster than the others. It's not even always the case that I improve significantly, the AI just seems to go slower all of a sudden. I actually like it, cause it makes for very entertaining races. You get passed but also will get the chance to recover and pass your rivals. Maybe it has to do with the AI suffering more from tyre degradation on certain tyres at certain tracks than we do. I don't know.

I might be wrong, but I strongly suspect that those changes of AI pace are due to their use of ERS. Often, at the beginning of a race, they will set their ERS on "4" or "5" (by the way, THEIRS last much much longer than OURS, but that's another thing), meaning that they will be considerably faster than us. Then, at some point, they have to go dial down to economy mode (most of the time "1", sometimes "2") and of course WE end up being faster than them.
To me, this explains (partly) the inconsistent AI pace (compared to ours) during one same race.