Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

[PC]- Career mode - Game doesn't know how to count points in Constructors Championship ^^

Hi,

I had a funny "bug" during Season 3 in career : after the last Abu Dhabi GP, my team Renault and Ferrari ended up having the very same amount of points (570 each I believe).

In real life, such a tie is decided by the number of victories (and if tie again, then 2nd places, and so on). Renault had 10 wins, Ferrari 9... Therefore Renault should have been declared Champion, and I should have received a Constructors Trophy at the end of the season.

Instead, the game failed to understand that the season was over, and that Renault won by their number of wins. It just... "skipped" the Constructors championship's result altogether.

Not a real "bug", but I found funny that the game couldn't deal with such a tie - not a very likely one, I agree. Nevertheless, something needs to be fixed regarding points calculation, wouldn't you say ? :classic_happy:

17 hours ago, PhenixHeaven said:

Hi,

I had a funny "bug" during Season 3 in career : after the last Abu Dhabi GP, my team Renault and Ferrari ended up having the very same amount of points (570 each I believe).

In real life, such a tie is decided by the number of victories (and if tie again, then 2nd places, and so on). Renault had 10 wins, Ferrari 9... Therefore Renault should have been declared Champion, and I should have received a Constructors Trophy at the end of the season.

Instead, the game failed to understand that the season was over, and that Renault won by their number of wins. It just... "skipped" the Constructors championship's result altogether.

Not a real "bug", but I found funny that the game couldn't deal with such a tie - not a very likely one, I agree. Nevertheless, something needs to be fixed regarding points calculation, wouldn't you say ? :classic_happy:

Agree, but the patch cycle is over for F1 2019. Hopefully the developers will check for this in F1 2020. It is definitely a bug.

• Agree 1

@PhenixHeaven, please add the correct bug reporting template if you have seen this issue so we can reference it for 2020

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@BarryBL I didn't use it because, well, it didn't seem very relevant to me... But sure, with pleasure ^^

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

After the last Abu Dhabi GP, my team Renault and Ferrari ended up having the very same amount of points (575).

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
Version 1.22

3.       Game-mode? 
Career.

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 

Given the issue, this might prove difficult... This whole tie-situation looks like a Hollywood racing movie... 🙂

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen?

Only happened once in all my career seasons...

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 

N/A

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 

Racing with a keyboard.

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 

(That's actually a good improvement idea: unlike the Drivers standings, there are no Constructors standings for each season...)

Screenshot 1: Standings at the end of Season 3 (I let you do the math).

image.thumb.png.51a5cdeb3e22c95a7ea9a766da870d2f.png

Screenshot 2: my personal trophies, without the Constructors championship that my team Renault just won.

image.thumb.png.98a96703f4b315435eaf6118e11c65ce.png

• Like 1