Learning to drive with all Assists off

Posted (edited)

So recently I've decided that if I want to hang with the big boys.. and girls, I'm going to have to take on the grueling task of learning to drive fast with no Anti-Lock Brakes and no TC. The Anti-Lock Brakes off, I have no trouble really but with TC off... I've come to the rational realization that I'm going to have to relearn the entire game. The smallest throttle application coming out of a turn and not being fully straight equals a super spinnaroo. It's quite aggravating to say the least but I have noticed the car feels more alive. I've bettered my time in Austria in TT by 3 tenths. 1:04.699 is what I managed there and in Australia I've managed to come within 2 tenths of my PB. It was a high 1:20. I'm basically starting from the first track and trying to get as close to my PB's as possible. I've started Bahrain and have gotten within 4 tenths there. All my TT laps are Anti-Lock Brakes on and TC medium. It's going to be a long road ahead but I'm looking forward to figuring it out. I think starting fresh on F1 2020 will help. Already pre-ordered the Schumacher Edition. First point of business will be to hit up TT and do lap after lap on each track until the muscle memory takes over. Launching at the start of the race will be..... interesting to say the least. 

Question: what do you guys think is the hardest track to learn with no TC?

Edited by Mike5500

First of all, when I started to run w/o TC, I got to grips with it pretty fast, so I assume you will do the same. I think the hardest track to learn w/o it is probably (from memory) Hungary or Japan. In Hungary, there are some kerbs that can throw you off when running no TC, and spin you out, and in Japan, the same, but at the esses. Brazil could also be hard because of the twisty nature of the corners and curvy exits.

6 hours ago, Mike5500 said:

So recently I've decided that if I want to hang with the big boys.. and girls, I'm going to have to take on the grueling task of learning to drive fast with no Anti-Lock Brakes and no TC. The Anti-Lock Brakes off, I have no trouble really but with TC off... I've come to the rational realization that I'm going to have to relearn the entire game. The smallest throttle application coming out of a turn and not being fully straight equals a super spinnaroo. It's quite aggravating to say the least but I have noticed the car feels more alive. I've bettered my time in Austria in TT by 3 tenths. 1:04.699 is what I managed there and in Australia I've managed to come within 2 tenths of my PB. It was a high 1:20. I'm basically starting from the first track and trying to get as close to my PB's as possible. I've started Bahrain and have gotten within 4 tenths there. All my TT laps are Anti-Lock Brakes on and TC medium. It's going to be a long road ahead but I'm looking forward to figuring it out. I think starting fresh on F1 2020 will help. Already pre-ordered the Schumacher Edition. First point of business will be to hit up TT and do lap after lap on each track until the muscle memory takes over. Launching at the start of the race will be..... interesting to say the least. 

Question: what do you guys think is the hardest track to learn with no TC?

I would agree with Hungary or japan. Austria can also be difficult with turns 1 & 3. It might also be interesting to see how difficult Hanoi and Zandvoort are.

I’ve been gradually turning assists off since I bought the game a couple of months ago. But I still can’t get to grips with no T/C (or the pit assist for some reason, I can’t ever get it quite right). I tried it in Monza and I just span everywhere. 

I’m sure I read that one of the F1 drivers said that the T/C on medium was closer to real life than having it off.

Dial your throttle pedal so its way long, that will give you the control you need to feed the throttle on gradually in one fluid flex of your foot.

59 minutes ago, Mintona said:

I’m sure I read that one of the F1 drivers said that the T/C on medium was closer to real life than having it off.

I've actually questioned it myself. I don't know what traction is like in F1 cars but it just seems like the TC off in the game is a little overkill.

They've improved it massively for this year's game but the sounds of it.

I probably wouldn't bother trying to learn no TC on the 2019 version and just wait till 2020 and learn that.

Just drive around monaco til you hit nothing. 

Brakes wise keep it below 60% 

10 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

I probably wouldn't bother trying to learn no TC on the 2019 version and just wait till 2020 and learn that.

I think that's what I'm going to do. I already have a good base to work off of. 👍