Sign in to follow this  

Hello

Good morning, I thought I’d introduce myself.

I’m very new to the world of sim racing. I’ve had a Logitech G29 wheel set up for a few years but with a full time job, shifts, and a young family, I’ve barely been able to use it. But watching the Virtual GPs got me hooked, so I bought F1 2019 in May and have been playing as much as I can ever since. I’m desperately trying to win the world championship in career mode before F1 2020 comes out but I’m not sure it’s going to happen!

I also own Project Cars 2 which I’ve just started playing, and looking forward to the new Dirt game later this year, having last played one a few years ago.

I’m a PS4 racer, my PC is nowhere near up to scratch to start playing games on. However I am looking into upgrading it at some point and transferring over to that platform. 

I’m also interested in hopefully joining some online leagues and enjoying some good clean racing with other people, unlike the ranked and unranked lobbies which are frankly terrifying into turn 1.

All the best!

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Mintona. Nice introduction post you've written there. I'm pretty new to F1 2019 too (about 4 weeks) but I'm managing to get some nice driving in on the XBoxOne.....if not rather slowly! To be honest....cars and F1 in particular have moved on somewhat since I was a young fella watching Stewart, Rindt, Hulme et al in the sixties and seventies. I've also just got Project Cars too....I'm pretty inept at both games....but I enjoy playing them. I tried an online race...but it was carnage and didn't enjoy it....will leave that to the young 'uns. Keep on playing....and posting.

• Like 1

Hey Mintona, welcome to the community, I am also new here.