Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, DANDREWTHOMSON said:

breaking news Mercedes to run a Black Livery this season.

Yeah.. i Just Saw it 👍

Screenshot_20200629-121221.jpg

Maybe change the topic name to Mercedes livery 2020

Edited by Correll
Added text
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Might look bad in the game I think, already all black cars (when made custom) look poor on this game engine, it must be something to do with the lighting engine this game has, they always look like weird with lighting

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1

CM are really being challenged by the teams this year. They managed to get the Williams livery updated prior to release and now Mercedes have changed as well. Hoping that as with Williams CM have had the information about Mercedes changing the livery for a while and they are able to update it for release.

On the livery itself, I like it with the black contrasting with the Petronas green really well.

Same colours as my multiplayer helmet. They've clearly been watching me and were impressed. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4

1. Really like how that looks tbh

2. Because I mainly play career (or MyTeam this year) I'm not bothered if it makes the game at launch or not because by season 2 mercedes will have changed it back again. I'm sure CM will get it in though even if not for launch 

3. Shout out to the poor guys/girls @ CM  working crazy OT on this right now lol

Looks real nice and a brilliant way to highlight the message. 

That said I’d imagine CM knew this and it’ll be patched in for Day 1. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Rafetagamer 2.0 said:

Hard work for Codemasters with these livery changes. I imagine that it will be patched in Day One.

Imagine how fast modders creating liveries within hours. I don’t think it’s a impossible task until the release of the game. I mean, it’s not a full new livery, only another colour sheme.

but yeah this season is special.

Edited by Jaketa

The trouble isn't with how fast they can make the livery, but with how fast a new patch can get through the sign off from the team, sony MS etc.

I bet there are some office supplies flying around the Codemasters office as we speak 😄 Poor guys. 

I wonder if there will be anymore last minute changes this week. 

• Haha 1

I don’t expect it to be in the game at the start, but a few weeks/a month or two down the line after they’ve had chance to work on it.

49 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

I bet there are some office supplies flying around the Codemasters office as we speak 😄 Poor guys. 

I wonder if there will be anymore last minute changes this week. 

@BarryBLhope this isn’t you 😂😂😂. Just feel sorry for you all with all these changes last second.

It also depends if they've locked in the game yet, possibly haven't. Let's hope not anyway! The new suits for the Merc drivers mean they most likely won't have them in for release as we've not seen anything about it yet.

Posted (edited)

The default car should be silver all those alternative liveries should be an option like in the Nascar games. Sometimes in the season, we have special liveries and currently, we cannot use them, for example, Mercedes Germany livery in 2019

Edited by BiohazardBGR
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, BiohazardBGR said:

The default car should be silver all those alternative liveries should be an option like in the Nascar games. Sometimes in the season, we have special liveries and currently, we cannot use them, for example, Mercedes Germany livery in 2019

Yes agree. There should be different liveries available in the menu like in rfactor mods.

1 hour ago, BiohazardBGR said:

But this ain't an alternative livery. This is the official 2020 livery, not a one-off

• Agree 2

It's the official 2020 mercedes livery, there should not be a silver one in the game. The Willams livery is also not the same as the one that was initially revealed. 🤧

Feel sorry for the devs having to make all these last min changes.

Just now, Luke1991 said:

Feel sorry for the devs having to make all these last min changes.

You have to thanks Mercedes's virtue signaling for this. I'm hoping for an option to play as the silver arrows. No silver merc is like no red Ferrari for me. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BiohazardBGR said:

Agreed.  Although with the black livery now being called their livery for the 2020 season, it should be the default with the silver as an option.

I'd like to see the Williams Rokit livery for this year still in the game as well as an option, although with the sponsor leaving/changing I doubt we'll see that.

Agree though that it would be nice if it was like the Nascar games where you can change between liveries.  It would also be nice if they could build in an age verification system like the developers of Nascar Heat have done so you can see the real sponsors that may not be age appropriate for some.

Doubt any of this will ever happen though as the liveries don't exactly change as often in F1 as they do in Nascar through the season.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1