Another featured event?!

9 hours ago, skygate121 said:

This is a joke right? I have completed all achievements on just about every F1 game since 2010, so this is disappointing. I only started 2019 back on 9th June, and wasn't aware they wasn't going to continue the weekly race event. I don't understand why they cant have the weekly race event set to permanent So they have stopped doing the event before the games one year anniversary, that's shocking. I've been booting the game up everyday for the last month hoping to do this event, looks like 2019 has broken my streak. Stupid idea to have a achievement that they was aware would to discontinued with in 12 months of release. 

If this turns out to be true, then I don't think I will ever buy another codemasters game again. I guess I will cancel my Dirt 5 preorder.  

Likewise. They can even put the same event over and over and call it a day.... 

They didnt even respect the pandemic....

@BarryBL Please can we get one more weekly Grand Prix? I’ve been waiting for weeks and it’s all I need for a platinum. 

• Agree 1

So, this game is impossible to platinum because there are no more weekly events? Really? Me and five friends from Brazil are so disappointed because of that. you're better than that Codemasters.

PT-BR

Nós compramos um jogo que o servidor é esquecido no lançamento do próximo e se torna implatinável em menos de um ano, que absurdo isso.

Se existe a intenção de colocar um troféu com data de validade, não coloquem no jogo então.

• Agree 1

Playing devil’s advocate here - Mebe codies has decided players of its games cannot receive trophies from previous years games because of feedback from real F1 drivers saying they can do no such thing in real life?

It’d certainly be a wet dream for codies’ marketing interns, Just think of all the BS they could spin with such true to life immersion! 

Posted (edited)

Finally this issue gets attention. Now it’s up to Codemasters.

Edited by KingoRino

2 hours ago, Guga_Cyr said:

Playing devil’s advocate here - Mebe codies has decided players of its games cannot receive trophies from previous years games because of feedback from real F1 drivers saying they can do no such thing in real life?

It’d certainly be a wet dream for codies’ marketing interns, Just think of all the BS they could spin with such true to life immersion! 

I wouldn’t go that far 😛

I just don't get why they didn't give any notice that they was stopping ONLY after 11 months. You know, it only takes one tweet. I am so annoyed this has happened, especially after finally getting gold rank the other day. Gamers need to react with their wallets, and show this just isn't ok. 

Gutted!

First and last post here...

I bought a lot games from your company in the last 10 years, but with that decision I will never buy any in the future again and cancelled my pre-order for Dirt 5 immediately!

It's a shame.

The disgusting part about all of this is that @BarryBL is quite clearly ignoring this thread now, as evidenced by his activity in other threads. Obviously F1 2020 bugs and whatnot take priority at the moment but the lack of feedback here is appalling in my opinion. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, HSVDT15 said:

The disgusting part about all of this is that @BarryBL is quite clearly ignoring this thread now, as evidenced by his activity in other threads. Obviously F1 2020 bugs and whatnot take priority at the moment but the lack of feedback here is appalling in my opinion. 

F1 2020 bugs are taking priority, and with due reason. We are looking at options for weekly events for 2019. Just I didn't have a concrete update until today and, I'll be honest, this isn't confirmation. Its just we are looking into it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

F1 2020 bugs are taking priority, and with due reason. We are looking at options for weekly events for 2019. Just I didn't have a concrete update until today and, I'll be honest, this isn't confirmation. Its just we are looking into it.

Apologies for the harsh message, awesome to hear it's being looked at.
As a side note, the new game is the best one yet, by far. I think massive kudos is definitely earned in that respect!

@BarryBL I really hope that this will come true. Anyway, I still want to express my indignation with what has been happening in F1 2019, total lack of respect with consumers.

10 hours ago, BarryBL said:

It’s great to finally hear something and comforting to hear that something may be done regarding this issue at some point in the future 😊

Just like with many others, I’ve been a fan of the F1 series of games and have the platinum in the majority of the games, so it’s be great to add the F1 2019 platinum to my collection 👍🏻

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Appreciate the feedback. We understand that there is no way to make an event for every week but at least make a calendar and do an event per month until a shutdown or something so people can prepare and be properly warned

Edited by Watersbr

9 hours ago, Watersbr said:

Appreciate the feedback. We understand that there is no way to make an event for every week but at least make a calendar and do an event per month until a shutdown or something so people can prepare and be properly warned 

For real it's very easy make an event for every week if it is the standard GP, they have not to have a coding for every one but simple launch the standard event and pick a random circuit.

It's not so hard as you think. GP Events already exist, because they already done previously. So they could simply schedule them weekly

Hopefully this will be fixed. :classic_biggrin:

It's like a responsibility now after 9 years of games with working achievements.

There is no reason to let everything go to waste in 2019. And we hope such things are not included in the next games until 2025. :classic_wink:

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, DoctorTeuz said:

For real it's very easy make an event for every week if it is the standard GP, they have not to have a coding for every one but simple launch the standard event and pick a random circuit.

It's not so hard as you think. GP Events already exist, because they already done previously. So they could simply schedule them weekly

Im pretty sure that you are right. Im just making a point about what was told to us. If a weekly event takes up so much resources from the devs it could be done once a month to mitigate that

Edited by Watersbr
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I really don't think they will ever re-open the weekly events in F1 2019 ( they haven't in F1 2018 either), this is PC and steam guys so I don't really know the console system, but there is Dirt rally for example, it has 170 tropies, you can do 169. Guess what, the 170th trophy is " play the game in early access", get it? That is impossible if you buy it after release and you were not a pre-orderer. Plus one more thing: the PC version of F1 2019 still has bugs and glitches. And they say F1 2020 bugs are priority. Well I know, for one year. 😄

Edited by HUNKungFury

19 minutes ago, HUNKungFury said:

I really don't think they will ever re-open the weekly events in F1 2019 ( they haven't in F1 2018 either), this is PC and steam guys so I don't really know the console system, but there is Dirt rally for example, it has 170 tropies, you can do 169. Guess what, the 170th trophy is " play the game in early access", get it? That is impossible if you buy it after release and you were not a pre-orderer...

Console version has different F1 2018 and Dirt rally achievements. Console games rarely have more than 100 trophies in main trophy list. So, for the console players F1 2019 is the only unobtainable formula. Don't know about Dirt games, don't play them

I see that now the weekly events are just locked altogether now 🤔 so no weekly GP or featured event!? 🤔

Us pro epic gamers must keep the spirit of this thread alive. Glad to hear this is being talked about by Codemasters!