Another featured event?!

Hopefully they didn't say anything to keep us quiet. I wan the paltinum trophy for this game. I can't understand why code masters closed it?Some older games like Fifa world cup brazil 2014 works today perfectly.

Please add some weekly events.

I can honestly say I've completed every Codemasters F1 game available on ps3 and ps4 before now, and I'll be requesting a refund from PSStore and taking my money elsewhere if functionality is being removed after less than 12 months for the first time.

Even Project Cars kept adding events till last year and they ran significantly more before they became unavailable.

30 minutes ago, Kingsmil said:

Please add some weekly events.

I can honestly say I've completed every Codemasters F1 game available on ps3 and ps4 before now, and I'll be requesting a refund from PSStore and taking my money elsewhere if functionality is being removed after less than 12 months for the first time.

Even Project Cars kept adding events till last year and they ran significantly more before they became unavailable.

I would be amazed if you actually got a refund though, and to me it would seem totally unreasonable to expect one.

Maybe, but even if I can't I can take my money elsewhere in future.

There isn't any other game I play (including other Codemasters games) which removed the ability to earn a trophy after less than 12 months. If this is something Codemasters is going to start, I'll take that into extra consideration in future.  I dislike studios (e.g. EA) that take their gamers for granted, and I can quite happily choose not to spend money on their products.

@Kingsmil I'd say you have a good argument for a refund. You've purchased a game that you cannot complete 100%. Not because your skill level but because the developers of the game have ended an area of the game abruptly with no real notice that is required for 100% completion. If trophies are offered and a Platinum is available then you should be able to earn it. Devs shouldn't be able to cut off part of their game that is required for 100% completion and expect people to just accept it. I'd say push PlayStation for that refund. You might get it due to the reasons I've stated.

It all depends on your country. Australia and UK probably have better consumer protection laws than the US. Sony recently lost a multi-million dollar case in Australia because their refund policy wasn't up to scratch. I could quite easily argue that the game is now not "fit for purpose", since the purpose of me buying the game was to play it to completion, and I consider completion to be all trophies done. You guys have been developing games long enough, and had experience with these kind of trophies causing complaints in other games (eg. Dirt Rally and Dirt 4). These games have been fixed, but surely you must have learned your lesson and shouldn't have included such trophies in your games, unless you're actually doing it on purpose in order to force people to move on to the next game, which is just wrong and will push your loyal followers away.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I've only just found out about this and after having just bought and started the game it has super p*ssed me off. 

I hope this gets sorted out because i certainly won't be buying 2020 any time soon after them pulling a stunt like this.

Edited by JaffaCakeKing

Posted (edited)

So disappointed. I bought that game some days ago on Xbox One X just to discover recently that i will not be able to get all the achievement....

And it's the first f1 game to do that.

Please Codemasters, do something, timed achievement are really really bad for community.

Edited by pithiviers91

6 minutes ago, leanfluGT said:

@BarryB we will have news for next week

@BarryBL

Was that meant to be a question rather than a statement?

Hi Codemasters

As you can see, there are certainly a lot of trophy hunters here on the forum who are crying out for the chance to compete in more Weekly Events to help them unlock the F1 2019 Platinum (me included!).

Could you please give us a few more weeks of Weekly Events?
It would have been nice to receive some warning prior - this is upsetting a lot of fans/gamers and many of whom have been loyal to your brand for many decades.

Please consider this.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL

Could we get an update please? 

I may be jumping the gun a bit here, but by the looks of it F1 2019 is coming to Game Pass for PC and Xbox and the three weekly event achievements aren’t included in the Windows 10 game. That’s great news for people that have plans on playing and completing that version, but hopefully that doesn’t mean there won’t be any new weekly events for console players.

Assuming it does get added to Game Pass on Xbox, this will surely get much more attention, so is there a plan in place for the weekly event achievements? (Complete all events of a weekly Grand Prix, Complete a weekly Grand Prix.)

Edited by Stoltenhoff

On 6/29/2020 at 3:30 PM, BarryBL said:

We are moving towards 2020 with initial release of the 7th. I don't see there being another weekly event, and its not in our plans right now.

Excuse me, but this IS NOT acceptable. You've left abandoned all the players who have bought your game year after year, and now we're not allowed to enjoy 100% the game and, of course, are not allowed to get the platinum trophy. F1 2020 has been released just a couple weeks ago, is it soo difficult to schedule a weekly event? Really? So if you have not the money to get the newest game, you get a "shorter" version of the game. Noted.

@BarryBL

Everyone knows that you can setup couple of races in rotation to go for years to come that don't need your attention or maintenance. Others have done it and so can you.

This is really embarrassing that you have fully functional F1 2010 and here is the game from last year that has missing/locked/non working features.

Have we any news?????

Like many above I have played all F1 games. This is the only one I can not get platinum for because they have basically locked out 3 trophies. This is unacceptable and my 2020 purchase won't be happening unless this is resolved. Il move on to ACC and just hide F1 19 from my trophy list

If you guys can't be bothered to give us what we want why not just patch the trophies out of the game. Or ping them to us so we can still complete the game? The silence from @BarryBL and the rest of the guys is shocking. Us as customers are paying your mortgages. If you have no intention of sorting this issue let us know for definite so we can move on and make our decisions about either getting as far as we can with the game or scrapping it. For me this poor service that has/is being provided is pushing me to forget F1 20 and Project 3.

Posted (edited)

1037764563_Screenshot2020-07-28at12_15_23.png.4637162f0e03f1e0bcea7e982458a164.png

@BarryBL 

It's worth noting now that these 3 trophies are now unattainable because Featured Events have been locked out too, making the 'Featured Racer' trophy unattainabe as well. Please look into this, too. Much appreciated.

Edited by willmill97

3 hours ago, rogiecraigson said:

m @BarryBL Another day of silence over the matter

Soooo true. @BarryBL If you don't want to fix this problem in the near future i and a lot of other guys will never buy one of your products in the future. This was not the right way to slap the loyal customers.

I’m another that’s sadly frustrated this has happened. I’ve been working my way through all of the F1 titles for PS3 and PS4 and this is the only game that I won’t be able to complete because of unobtainable trophies. If they don’t become fixed I’ll probably round off after I’ve finished 2018 and end it there. And I’d be disappointed in having to do so as I really enjoy these games.

@BarryBL the abandonment of the admins is incredible. It is unfortunate and frustrating that this is happening.

Posted (edited)

I’m sorry, codemaster, but it’s not possible ! Who had this idea ? It’s not correct for players. 

Why we can’t now complète this only F1 game ? 

If you want time limit on a part of the game, don’t put achievements on this part. 

The game has come since one year, and several achievements can’t unlock !!

Please fix this, and stop to have bad ideas like this on the future 

Edited by RoccoSinico

Please be patient, they've said they're looking into it 🤞 (which is more than some companies do!)

I understand the frustration but firing derogatory bullets isn't likely to motivate anyone to do anything.

Now that this was officially added to Game Pass, maybe you guys could run weekly events until it leaves next year? Hopefully we get some good news soon.