Jump to content

Another featured event?!

Recommended Posts

@BarryBL

Lot of your old games like Dirt and Grid games still have events going. You need to fix this as its very embarrassing for Codemasters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@vujos

Both of the games you mentioned above do not have yearly releases as far as I know. This is only a suggestion on how to avoid this in the future. Purchase the outgoing version of the game sooner in it's one year life span. This will give you ample time to collect all the trophy's before CM shuts down the events. If you wait to purchase F1 2020 until days before the F1 2021 is released, you run the risk of having this issue again. I don't think it's fair to keep bombarding @BarryBL over this issue when you probably did not pay full price for the game as most of us did. 99% of us have moved on to F1 2020 by now and there's probably very few people that would run any f1 2019 events. It's better for CM to focus where the majority of us are playing (F1 2020) and getting started on F1 2021. I feel for you but you have to understand that you are extremely late to the table and should not expect there to be food left on the table for you to eat, if you get what I'm trying to say. Again, I'm not trying to bash you but if you paid $65 as I did for the game, I would feel more compassion for you. How much did you pay for F1 2019, full price???  

  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is something we are investigating, however, with 2020 taking precedent and bug fixes and updates for that, this has taken a little more time than expected. We hope to have an update at some point. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Getts0388 said:

@vujos

Both of the games you mentioned above do not have yearly releases as far as I know. This is only a suggestion on how to avoid this in the future. Purchase the outgoing version of the game sooner in it's one year life span. This will give you ample time to collect all the trophy's before CM shuts down the events. If you wait to purchase F1 2020 until days before the F1 2021 is released, you run the risk of having this issue again. I don't think it's fair to keep bombarding @BarryBL over this issue when you probably did not pay full price for the game as most of us did. 99% of us have moved on to F1 2020 by now and there's probably very few people that would run any f1 2019 events. It's better for CM to focus where the majority of us are playing (F1 2020) and getting started on F1 2021. I feel for you but you have to understand that you are extremely late to the table and should not expect there to be food left on the table for you to eat, if you get what I'm trying to say. Again, I'm not trying to bash you but if you paid $65 as I did for the game, I would feel more compassion for you. How much did you pay for F1 2019, full price???  

@Getts0388 It doesn’t matter whether anyone paid full price for the game or got it free even! The game is only a year old, give or take a month or 2. I purchased the game at the start of this year but didn’t get chance to play the game until about 2-3 months ago as I was too busy with work and other commitments. Should I lose out on a platinum simply because I didn’t have time to play a game!? Your logic is ridiculous! If I turn up late for a party, doesn’t necessarily mean the party is now over, if YOU get what I’m trying to say! 💁🏻‍♂️
Older F1 games still have online gameplay just like 2019, so I can’t really see why it’s difficult to arrange for silly weekly events/featured events to continue or alter the trophy requirement! To include not 1, but 3 trophies that must be achieved within less than a year of the games original release is completely moronic and it seems CM have learned from that stupid mistake for 2020!

Edited by james1989l
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, james1989l said:

@Getts0388 It doesn’t matter whether anyone paid full price for the game or got it free even! The game is only a year old, give or take a month or 2. I purchased the game at the start of this year but didn’t get chance to play the game until about 2-3 months ago as I was too busy with work and other commitments. Should I lose out on a platinum simply because I didn’t have time to play a game!? Your logic is ridiculous! If I turn up late for a party, doesn’t necessarily mean the party is now over, if YOU get what I’m trying to say! 💁🏻‍♂️
Older F1 games still have online gameplay just like 2019, so I can’t really see why it’s difficult to arrange for silly weekly events/featured events to continue or alter the trophy requirement! To include not 1, but 3 trophies that must be achieved within less than a year of the games original release is completely moronic and it seems CM have learned from that stupid mistake for 2020!

 @james1989l Thanks. I was going to reply the same thing pretty much. His logic doesn't make sense.

@BarryBL Thanks for your reply as well and lot of us here are hoping to hear good news from you soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BarryBL

Is it hard to make a weekly grand prix for f1 2019? The shutdown of it was completely unannounced and there are many people who still need the trophies, so please let us have them. My f1 2019 trophies are stuck at 95%. It really sucks to leave it like that. Can we please get a weekly grand prix, even if its for once? Just to earn those two trophies.

PSN: gekke_amin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys,

I'm sorry and I never was trying to be a jerk. I guess my point was that we are currently running weekly events on F1 2020 and the window for making sure that this does not happen to you again with F1 2020 is closing. With every week that goes by, there's that much less time for you to make sure you complete whatever task that is needed to make sure you get 100% of all trophies.  That is all that I was trying to say. Good luck and again, I was not trying to be mean but give advice on how to prevents this in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that there is a weekly event starting on Monday. @BarryBL will probably have more to say about this but just passing on the immediate news. Thanks. 

  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that there is a weekly event starting on Monday. @BarryBL will probably have more to say about this but just passing on the immediate news. Thanks. 

We love you Codemasters, we do,

We love you Codemasters, we do,

We love you Codemasters, WE DO,

OOOOOH Codemastersweloveyou.

Will this include a featured event too? As that is the 3rd unachievable trophy. Thank you so much guys. 

Edited by willmill97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that there is a weekly event starting on Monday. @BarryBL will probably have more to say about this but just passing on the immediate news. Thanks. 

Hope I can actually get these related trophies out of the way next week then🤞🏻The one and only time I tried, I was stuck in a lobby waiting for the race to start but nothing was happening 🤷🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news. If I can get the 3 trophies codemasters can have my money for F1 and Fast and Furious. Here's hoping for the platinum 🙏🤞👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 2:33 PM, RedDevilKT said:

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that there is a weekly event starting on Monday. @BarryBL will probably have more to say about this but just passing on the immediate news. Thanks. 

Thanks for the update.

I have to be honest, I was expecting you guys to ignore this. Good to see you guys actually came through. Looking forward to the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What about Micro Machines? There is a bugged trophy ''Haunted''. It never got fixed after the patch. I don't know if there is any forums about this game on this site, but would be great if that getting fixed tho after all those years since it goes on sale every month.

Edited by GTRacingF1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 5:04 PM, willmill97 said:

We love you Codemasters, we do,

We love you Codemasters, we do,

We love you Codemasters, WE DO,

OOOOOH Codemastersweloveyou.

Will this include a featured event too? As that is the 3rd unachievable trophy. Thank you so much guys. 

Yes, there will be a mixture of weekly (Grand Prix) and Featured events coming up.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for listening to your community CodeMasters. Glad the events are back up and running! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can somebody please let me know what the event is this week for F1 2019? Featured, 2019 GP or classic GP event? Also the track?? Only had time to check F1 2020 event before having to leave for work. F1 2020 is a classic GP event at Monaco. I’m just curious if 2019 & 2020 are running identical events/schedules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback, and apologies for the radio silence on this. It was something heavily discussed, and we didn't want to come back to you with information that was subject to change.

We noticed the amount of requests here, and have added a schedule for F1 2019. A lot of the credit has to go to @RedDevilKT on this one, I'm just the guy who asks the questions. He's done the work for it, so praise has to go to him. 👍 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks very much @RedDevilKT and @BarryBL.  Your efforts to re-establish these events at the request of the community are greatly appreciated.

👍👍👍

 

Edited: @Getts0388, the event this week on F1 2019 is a Weekly GP at Austria.

Edited by Kingsmil
To avoid double-posting
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kingsmil

Thank you so much. You have made my day now that I know that there is two different GP events I can run this week. Good luck on the the track & thanks again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you @RedDevilKT and @BarryBL and all the people working at codemasters.

Really appreciate your move! 

This show how much you care about your customers/community

Edited by pithiviers91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×