Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Another featured event?!

Last week somebody said that this week we will have an opportunity to participate in a grand prix, but it is another featured event this week. Somebody from the dev team could say real plans for the events schedule?

I think they are already focussing on F1 2020, and not updating the weekly events (as frequently):

2 minutes ago, Tigergrow said:

I think they are already focussing on F1 2020, and not updating the weekly events (as frequently):

Is @BarryBL  a developer? He knows for sure? I could wait a long time, I just need to know when Grand prix will be on to get two remaining trophies. It is bad that there is no ingame scheldue like in PVZGW2, so I need to write in forum, write to codemasters via email to know about future events. By the way, where could I write to codemasters? Maybe there is support twitter account, or special email?

We are moving towards 2020 with initial release of the 7th. I don't see there being another weekly event, and its not in our plans right now.

We are moving towards 2020 with initial release of the 7th. I don't see there being another weekly event, and its not at the forefront of our plans right now.

• Disagree 3

50 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

We are moving towards 2020 with initial release of the 7th. I don't see there being another weekly event, and its not in our plans right now.

Excuse me, but is it difficult to organise a Grand Prix weekly event? I bought a game after saw this message (

) on the forum. Have just realised that it is only predictions 😔. But still. Now I have no opportunity to get two trophies in a f1 2019. A lot of players bought this game on a discount few weeks ago, maybe you could give all us a last chance to get those two trophies when you/other devs have some time to organise an event (maybe few weeks after F1 2020 release, we could wait)? Please, give us this opportunity, we will be very thankful!

Hi dear Codemasters admins and dev team. We really need new weekly event for completing Platinum trophy. Guys make it please.

Hope you will add a weekly Grand Prix one more time because need those two trophies

создаю активность

• Agree 2

On 6/29/2020 at 2:52 PM, BarryBL said:

We are moving towards 2020 with initial release of the 7th. I don't see there being another weekly event, and its not at the forefront of our plans right now.

I’m sorry, but this is completely ridiculous and unacceptable!

I only just started playing this game around 1-2 months ago! I tried getting the 2 trophies related to the weekly event but when I got around to doing the race, I was stuck in a lobby waiting for the race to begin and no timer in the corner to specify when it’d start!

I’ve been waiting weeks now for the chance to try again, and now I’m hearing that I may not even be able to do the weekly event at all, only 1 year after the game was originally released! 🤬

It’s bad enough that the stupid and ridiculous “Pure Gold” trophy is so difficult to earn, but now the platinum trophy will already be unobtainable! 🤬

If this is the case, I’d expect a refund for a game I can’t ever achieve 100% trophy completion on after just 1-2 months of starting to play it!

Absolute joke and you, Codemasters, should be ashamed!!! 🤬

• Disagree 2

there is fault on your side also,you should start play sooner

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, massa88 said:

there is fault on your side also,you should start play sooner

I couldn't disagree more. People typically buy games to beat them 100% and get the Platinum Trophy. If you spend the money and buy a game like F1 2019 whenever it may be. Could be today, could be months from now. Let's say you know nothing about F1 and you impulse buy it at your local gaming store while browsing. (That's how I ended up owning it) You get it home and realize 2 Trophies will be unobtainable due to online events not happening anymore because a certain date was reached. I think the onus should be on Codemasters to place a warning on their game stating that certain trophies will not be obtainable when the newest version (2020) comes out. If I purchase a game even if it's years later, I expect to be able to get the 100% completion and Platinum Trophy. Or another option would be for Codemasters to send out an update/patch to users where it eliminates the 2 online trophies that are now unobtainable thus making it possible to reach 100% completion.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mike5500 said:

I couldn't disagree more. People typically buy games to beat them 100% and get the Platinum Trophy. If you spend the money and buy a game like F1 2019 whenever it may be. Could be today, could be months from now. Let's say you know nothing about F1 and you impulse buy it at your local gaming store while browsing. (That's how I ended up owning it) You get it home and realize 2 Trophies will be unobtainable due to online events not happening anymore because a certain date was reached. I think the onus should be on Codemasters to place a warning on their game stating that certain trophies will not be obtainable when the newest version (2020) comes out. If I purchase a game even if it's years later, I expect to be able to get the 100% completion and Platinum Trophy. Or another option would be for Codemasters to send out an update/patch to users where it eliminates the 2 online trophies that are now unobtainable thus making it possible to reach 100% completion.

Agree with you! Typically developers do warnings about discontinuing any online features months before. I have two friends who have just bought the game and wait for this event, they didn't read this forum and nobody said them that these events discontinue. And there are tons of such people who do not read such forums, buy games on sale and platinum/100% them. There should be a warning in the game that people could inform others using social media and most popular game websites. Codemasters, please, give as a chance!

18 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

agree on that
there should be something in game that you able to get all achievement if you want,
when developers moved to another game

• Agree 2

Developers should just NEVER EVER have trophies for content that will cease to exist after a specific time frame.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, R9NALD09 said:

Developers should just NEVER EVER have trophies for content that will cease to exist after a specific time frame.

Moreover, such trophies banned for playstation users. For example, Overwatch gets achievements for special events only on Xbox, but not on Playstation. PVZGW2 and F1 2019 are exceptions!

12 hours ago, Antongames337 said:

Agree with you! Typically developers do warnings about discontinuing any online features months before. I have two friends who have just bought the game and wait for this event, they didn't read this forum and nobody said them that these events discontinue. And there are tons of such people who do not read such forums, buy games on sale and platinum/100% them. There should be a warning in the game that people could inform others using social media and most popular game websites. Codemasters, please, give as a chance!

11 hours ago, R9NALD09 said:

Completely agree with both of you. This is something that’s been seriously getting to me over the last few months!

Developers need to seriously start giving more thought into what the requirements are for certain trophies before the release of a game, otherwise alter the requirements at a later date so that any and all trophies are always available!

On 7/1/2020 at 5:29 AM, Mike5500 said:

100% agree.  I come from a game that went full FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out).  Content comes and goes every 3 months.  I had quests that were mostly complete disappear from my inventory because "the season changed."  Worst gaming concept ever.  If the game has a trophy that can be earned, it needs to be earnable.  Or remove it from the game if the support is dropped, such as the Multiplayer stuff if Multiplayer isn't going to be available after X amount of time.  People may scoff at "completionists" but let's face it: a lot of video game players want to achieve everything in the game, like completing every race in Gran Turismo 1, 2, and 3, in that order.  We're a weird breed.  But there are a lot of us and we buy video games.  :classic_cool:

• Agree 3

I only need the two trophies related to the weekly Grand Prix. Surely it can't be that hard to keep updating the weekly events? 

@BarryBL You guys need to give notice in advance if you wont be adding anymore Weekly GP events. Id say at least couple of months.

This is not fair to your fans and gamers who spend their money on your games. Be fair and please give us more events together with descent notice about not adding anymore in the future (if that's the case).

• Agree 1

See we have yet another featured event! :classic_angry: This is absolutely ridiculous!!! I'm honestly gonna be ******* livid is this game does not do another weekly event!!!

Codemaster, help us to win this trophy. I have the platinum of all Formula 1 on my PSN ID: LEANFLU and to be without this one from 2019 would be frustrating. If this happens, it is certainly a game that will NEVER AGAIN enter my home and on my consoles.