Jump to content Jump to content

The Hardship Thread

FloatingGrass

Baumholder. I tried "flat out", with predictable results. I'm trying "slow and steady wins the race", and still ending up cuddling scenery. I'm struggling to find the flow of this one. I've been using the Group A Scoob mostly, lately (update landed after I was 1 event into a masters championship so I had 24 stages in the Scoob + the Group A Weekly) and I'm pretty confident throwing it around, left foot braking mid-corner to just pull the front into line, all that, but I bought the 037 and the M3 with the prize money that the Scoob won, and so I'm using the M3 to get back into RWD... and it's a mixture of car unfamiliarity and those godawful "6 6 6 6 6... 1!" type stages. What I'd do for some flowing corners!
Baumholder. I tried "flat out", with predictable results. I'm trying "slow and steady wins the race", and still ending up cuddling scenery. I'm struggling to find the flow of this one. I've been using the Group A Scoob mostly, lately (update landed after I was 1 event into a masters championship so I had 24 stages in the Scoob + the Group A Weekly) and I'm pretty confident throwing it around, left foot braking mid-corner to just pull the front into line, all that, but I bought the 037 and the M3 with the prize money that the Scoob won, and so I'm using the M3 to get back into RWD... and it's a mixture of car unfamiliarity and those godawful "6 6 6 6 6... 1!" type stages. What I'd do for some flowing corners!
Wait for rallycross, you'll get a nice track with smooth lines :trollface: 
I've got a list here...
- My cars just won't slide around a turn when I want them to (playing with all assists off, aside from automatic shifting). When they do however, they get too wide and hit something or pull me out of the track.
- Koryfi Dafni, I despised those hairpin turns when I was starting out with a Mini Cooper.
- The accute right on the last section in Sweet Lamb.
- Monte Carlo, I accidentally went head-on with a stationary car parked on the side. I also got written off by falling over a snow wall.
- The hillclimb cars in Pikes Peak oversteer even on 50% throttle.
-Chicanes in Germany, never seen one in a rally game until now. I've nailed them quite a few times already, but I usually scrape the haybales.

I might even post more.
dbs213 said:
I've got a list here...
- My cars just won't slide around a turn when I want them to (playing with all assists off, aside from automatic shifting). When they do however, they get too wide and hit something or pull me out of the track.
- Koryfi Dafni, I despised those hairpin turns when I was starting out with a Mini Cooper.
- Monte Carlo, I accidentally went head-on with a stationary car parked on the side. I also got written off by falling over a snow wall.
Sliding needs skill. I'm usually not very good in the hairpins, but when I do manage the perfect slide, it feels good. 
I despise the Mini as such :D It has no traction and no brakes. Also, because the often doesn't save championship progress, and I've done the 60's Open in a mini like 4 times, without it being saved
Those heaad-on collisions in Monte Carlo also happened to me in the Mini :D
My hardship is I can't do a good daily. Pisses me off no end. I just want to win 1 and I'll be happy :( 
My hardship is people that are (clearly very good at the game) Are almost always in the top ten of a daily of a thousand odd people. And then complain about not winning lol. ;)

(This comment is a genuine joke by the way)  just in case my dry humour  causes offence :)
Barnestah said:
My hardship is I can't do a good daily. Pisses me off no end. I just want to win 1 and I'll be happy :( 
My hardship is people that are (clearly very good at the game) Are almost always in the top ten of a daily of a thousand odd people. And then complain about not winning lol. ;)

(This comment is a genuine joke by the way)  just in case my dry humour  causes offence :)
I know I shouldn't complain really, it's just i've come close before. At least i've won a weekly challenge before.
dgeesi0 said:
Well the Quattro is a bit easier than the others I think, but part of that is because it's so slow
yes why is the audi so slow ?

such a shame.its a nice drive though.

The Quattro (1984 version) is much older (in Group B development terms) than the other cars in its class, which are typically 1986 versions. The S1E2 was their direct competitor, but even that had limited success due to being front-engined (all the others are mid-engined).

The Quattro would make more sense if it was in a class with the 037 and Opel Manta, so see how it's times compared to those.

I think the physics of the one game are spot on though, I hope it isn't BoPped up to the level of the others.
I love the diversity of the cars and tracks, and how they make the game as hard and unforgiving as they do.
At the time, I can only really think of one thing that i dislike, and thats the inconsistency of the AI some times. On one or two stages in the game, even in open or clubman, i can do a clean and fast stage and end up 6-8 seconds behind first, when i get a solid lead on the rest.
At the end of the day i race myself, so I guess it doesnt really matter. 

The Quattro would make more sense if it was in a class with the 037 and Opel Manta, so see how it's times compared to those.
I'm a bit faster with the Quattro than 037... but not much. Manta is way behind. This is no general statement, just my personal times with them. In Group B 4WD, I'm slowest with the Quattro, even a bit slower than Metro.
I feel like posting on this thread again...
I get conflicted between taking it easy and pushing it. If I take it too easy, then I worry about not making it in the top 3. But if I push it, there's a good chance I'll end up making a dumb mistake and flip the car over. I guess that attitude is coming from playing games where they always tell you to keep winning races or they'll berate you.

Archived