Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2020 Schumacher Edition Pre-order for PS4 Hard Copy Purchased at Gamestop three day early release?

@BarryBL

I went to my local Gamestop yesterday to pre-order F1 2020 Schumacher Edition as a disc or hard copy. I asked before I purchased if I would be receiving a code on my receipt for the three days early access. The Gamestop employee could not answer my question. He said that we could only try, so I paid off the entire thing ($75). When my receipt printed NO CODE for early access. I checked again this morning on your website and it still says that if you pre-order it through Gamestop, you will receive three days early access. So why did I not receive a code? Is there anything you can do to help me? Is the only way to get the early access limited to a data download? Can we order through website as a disc/hard copy through the website? Please help me as I feel ripped off.

Posted (edited)

You should be able to pick up your physical copy "early" from the store, the Schumacher edition releases on the 7th both physically and digitally while the other editions will release 3 days later on the 10th, so no early access code needed as long as you bought the right edition.

Edited by Worntoathread

10 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

You should be able to pick up your physical copy "early" from the store, the Schumacher edition releases on the 7th both physically and digitally while the other editions will release 3 days later on the 10th, so no early access code needed as long as you bought the right edition.

Agreed with @Worntoathread. From my pre-order experience, you will be able to get it on the earlier release date from our perspective. Also, you should go to your Gamestop and get confirmation on this. As they are the retailer, they will know the answers on pre-order questions and, unfortunately, the employee you spoke to didnt seem to helpful. Maybe call up the store and ask someone else on their pre-order/early release schedule.

@BarryBL

I have called Gamestop and they will NOT answer my question on verifying that now that I have pre-ordered the F1 2020 Schumacher edition for my PS4 will I be able to pick it up on July 7th as advertised. The attached picture is from the "Codemasters" website. It clearly states that if you pre-order the Schumacher Edition, you will receive three days early access. It also clearly states that "Gamestop" is an official vendor for your game. I have followed what you have advertised but I get the feeling I'm going to need some lube because I'm going to get the shaft! It is unbelievable to me that you will advertise this, take my money, then not deliver on what you advertised. Why can't somebody from your company clear this issue up. Again it is on the "Codemasters" website and has a July 6th release date but yet Gamestop says July 10th. Please get all of us who need clarification on this a response. PLEASE!

IMG_3705.JPG

PS I have called three different Gamestops and gone to a different one then where I made my pre-order and still NO ANSWER!!!

The game from gamestop will be released the 10th.  If you buy from PSN it will be available the 7th

@Getts0388, the feedback below is directly from our Sales Team: 

"Its at the retailers discretion when they post/allow him to collect, but that edition of the game should be released to every one 3 days early. It will preload a few days before, so if he gets access to the box before then, he can redeem his key"

If Gamestop are NOT confirming on if you have pre-ordered the game or not, then you have a very different battle. From our perspective, should your retailer give you access to the box on the agreed pre-order release date, you can play the game. We have delivered exactly as advertised, but Gamestop are the issue here.

This quote "I have called Gamestop and they will NOT answer my question on verifying that now that I have pre-ordered the F1 2020 Schumacher edition for my PS4 will I be able to pick it up on July 7th as advertised" is the exact problem you are having. You have every right to check on the status of your ordered game. Where you are going in terms of store is irrelevant, if anything, you have to go to the store you completed your pre-order, as they will have a record of your confirmation of the pre-order.

The only absolute way for us to guarantee it to you is to remove the 3rd party and download it direct. This is a Gamestop issue and lack of service for sure, because we have added everything available for users to play on the agreed date of your pre-order.

@Getts0388, to add to this, I checked the 3rd parties in the UK (only place I can look direct from the website due to region) and they all say pre-order for 7th. Your issue is with 3rd party. 

Posted (edited)

I preordered it though Amazon US - and it says will be released on July 10. Also on the Codemasters F1 website the 70 version says released on July 9th ??

Edited by dwin20