Anyone know if the new Mercedes black livery will be featured in f1 2020?

I think as it's a temporary livery and the career is 10 seasons it would be better if they kept Mercedes in the original colours. 

• Disagree 1

Game is about F1 2020 season, and Merc will use black livery during 2020 season. So only right thing is to have that livery in game.

• Agree 3

Most people do the career no? That's why I buy it.

5 minutes ago, 1henryw said:

Most people do the career no? That's why I buy it.

While true, they do not change the car from season to season. They use the livery the team used in the season the game was released.

Yes shame it doesnt change year to year. For me silver livery has longer longevity in terms of career because I know black livery will only be here for one season and future cars will likely be silver again. I do understand why alot of people will want the car to match real life tho. Plus some pep just play online etc

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, XanderSJX said:

Game is about F1 2020 season, and Merc will use black livery during 2020 season. So only right thing is to have that livery in game.

Well technically using this logic they should remove all circuits that do not appear in the actual 2020 season too then.

• Agree 2

49 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Well technically using this logic they should remove all circuits that do not appear in the actual 2020 season too then.

Correct :classic_biggrin: We should ask them either to give us only silver Merc or to remove all non-used tracks for this season. :classic_laugh:

Seriously, I agree with what you said but I don't look tracks and liveries with same logic. Track needs time as it is not just color change, so when they started doing the game they had full calendar (then they added 10-16-22 possibility to allow partly recreation of real season). That's why I don't see the reason to touch tracks. 

While livery is just color change, so for me it is different logic then one used for tracks. And if team shows official season livery then that should be in game. But for example white Merc from Hockenheim is used only in 1 track so no problem not having it in game.

Third thing is cars, they (CM) don't change FW and sidepods during season (it could have happened few times but I'm not sure) while in real life teams change it all the time. So I understand that we in game have same FW in race 20 and race 1 while in RL it is something completely different.

In the end, I would prefer that they add during season different liveries team uses and give us option to choose.

On 6/30/2020 at 10:05 AM, XanderSJX said:

In the end, I would prefer that they add during season different liveries team uses and give us option to choose.

It comes down to licensing.  F1 teams don't change their livery during a given season, so the game would logically only have one livery available per team for the current car.

Remember this is the Official F1 Game, and all cars in the game have to be approved by FIA and the teams involved.  None of them would be terribly impressed to see the game allowing their car to wear different liveries.

• Agree 2

*****.... This topic has been brought up, answered and closed twice already.

Licensing says they have to use the official livery. The official livery is the black on. This means the black one will be in game. End of story, over.

If you want to debate anything it's how many codemasters staff have been signed off work with stress as McLaren have just announced a tweaked livery also lol

• Agree 1

New mclaren livery start Austria gp is fantastic,please codemasters update car livery at launch game 

10 hours ago, DrDraken said:

It comes down to licensing.  F1 teams don't change their livery during a given season, so the game would logically only have one livery available per team for the current car.

Remember this is the Official F1 Game, and all cars in the game have to be approved by FIA and the teams involved.  None of them would be terribly impressed to see the game allowing their car to wear different liveries.

I understand, I see these games as FIFA F1 game due to licensing, but I wish we get from someone PES F1 game. :classic_biggrin: