Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

F1 2021 or future games (loose idea) Bigger matter of colors, sponsors etc

Posted (edited)

So I was thinking about the reputation system for whole team based on what you will color your team, the way that you deal with sponsors or other teams and overall whole F1 community.

We all know that colors make us perceive things differently. For example black color make us think that something is hidden and "bad" and white is exact opposite. Colors have big role in making people link certain color to ceratin brand, For example Ferrari, when  you think Ferrari you're linking it to color red. So my idea is to make reputation of whole team which will depend on what color scheme you took, e.g you took colors that don't mach to each other and the reputation will go down because you car looks odd or bad. Another thing e.g your main color is purple and if your team will get good deals with sponsors will have good overall reputation and will have good car, for couple of seasons the purple color will be linked to your team, like red and ferrari or blue and redbull. And when it will be linked up the grandstands will be filled with purple. Sponsors will affect your reputation by the way that you dealing with them and what the sponsor is doing. If you are making a deal with sponsor that you will be 5th team on the grid by the end of season 3 and you will not make the deal in time your reputation will go down cause you fail to complet the deal. In the press meeting you will have to anwser the questions about other teams like what you think about that Hamilton did to your driver and the anwser will affect the reputation of your team, if you say that mistakes happen your reputation will don't change at all cause you don't blame anybody for mistake, if you answer that is hamilton fault you reputation will go down same as your relationship with merc and hamilton, if you anwser that it was your and yours driver mistake it will make your reputation go a little bit higher cause you are admiting that you made a mistake and you don;t point fingers at anybody but you shouldn't do any mistake at all.

I know is a lot to implement and make it work good and it would take a massive amount of work to make it but it will be awsome if it's be added any time in the future games. It's only my idea I don't say that it is good idead that i have.

image.png

image.png

Edited by ZtwoA

I think your proposal has a lot of difficult and subjective points. Who is to say what colors look good together? We all have slightly varying color sight, with some having more variance than others. Me and you, we see colors differently, simple as. Also, most teams pick their liveries based a lot on sponsorship. Selling your team colors, so to speak, is the most profitable option available for the teams in terms of partnership. The cynic in me says that Mercedes probably would not have done what they did had they not had Petronas as their main partnership.

Just so to be clear I'm not trying to just take down your proposal. I like reading all these new ideas that the community comes up with. I just feels it needs some refining to be plausible.

44 minutes ago, janbonator said:

I think your proposal has a lot of difficult and subjective points. Who is to say what colors look good together? We all have slightly varying color sight, with some having more variance than others. Me and you, we see colors differently, simple as. Also, most teams pick their liveries based a lot on sponsorship. Selling your team colors, so to speak, is the most profitable option available for the teams in terms of partnership. The cynic in me says that Mercedes probably would not have done what they did had they not had Petronas as their main partnership.

Just so to be clear I'm not trying to just take down your proposal. I like reading all these new ideas that the community comes up with. I just feels it needs some refining to be plausible.

Yea, i know that, it was just some loose idea that come up to my mind