Olav mol, Dutch commentary

From the annoucement that the Dutch commentator Olav Mol is going to be in. He allready said some wrong things in my language about zandvoort. He said that the back straight of zandvoort 678km long is, like how lmao!?. Its just a small thing but i hope this will be fixed😬 if not so be it, lets not make a big problem of it (in real life he makes regularly also a lot of mistakes in the commentary so i wouldnt be suprised if there are more of it🙃😅)

• Agree 1

I hope they will fix this mistake tho, i wouldnt be suprised if there are one Or two more when the game arrives. He also makes mistakes during commentating irl

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wessel112002 said:

00.32 is the time were the error is @BarryBL

678KM straight??? You would think him being a long-time F1 commentator he would've pointed the obvious mistake on his script out right away.

Edited by Ho3n3r

Posted (edited)

Yep, and that said i'm dutch and he also makes a lot of mistakes when commentating for ziggo sport (You Maybe have seen that channel before on tv) @Ho3n3r

Edited by Wessel112002

Olav mol should have stopped in his prime 20 years ago. I respect how well they managed to cover f1 on a budget with the broadcasters noit really taking it serious but his commentary stopped being bearable to listen to 20 years ago if it even was good before then but i was 8 so the hell do i know. 

If only 1 bug would have been fixed in the time it took to get olav mol in the game that would have been time better spent. 

2 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

678KM straight??? You would think him being a long-time F1 commentator he would've pointed the obvious mistake on his script out right away.

99% sure the script was flawless and he just said kilometers where he should have said meters. 
That guy talks more **** than martin brundle when he's drunk. 

1 minute ago, Bicarda said:

Olav mol should have stopped in his prime 20 years ago. I respect how well they managed to cover f1 on a budget with the broadcasters noit really taking it serious but his commentary stopped being bearable to listen to 20 years ago if it even was good before then but i was 8 so the hell do i know. 

If only 1 bug would have been fixed in the time it took to get olav mol in the game that would have been time better spent. 

99% sure the script was flawless and he just said kilometers where he should have said meters. 
That guy talks more **** than martin brundle when he's drunk. 

True haha, but i will still turn his commentary on for fun Lmao 

• Haha 1

I never heard Olav Boel during a GP, I have to watch the Belgian broadcast in French so for me he sounds exotic. Like a real F1 commentator. Very convincing. But I guess every commentator makes mistakes. The Belgian ones aren't much better.

53 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

I never heard Olav Boel during a GP, I have to watch the Belgian broadcast in French so for me he sounds exotic. Like a real F1 commentator. Very convincing. But I guess every commentator makes mistakes. The Belgian ones aren't much better.

Only time olav mol was on fire was during the last lap of the 2016 Spanish gp 

• Like 1

Olav Mol isn't bad. He is just a relic of the past. They tried to put giedo vd Garde next to him a few times. But that wasn't a good connection between those 2. 

He need a wingman. Did someone ever seen how much information he gets? 4 or 5 screens and then still need to watch the race ,talk with Jack Plooij and comment the race. 

Difficult job but he need to find a wingman.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, sanderu1983 said:

Olav Mol isn't bad. He is just a relic of the past. They tried to put giedo vd Garde next to him a few times. But that wasn't a good connection between those 2. 

He need a wingman. Did someone ever seen how much information he gets? 4 or 5 screens and then still need to watch the race ,talk with Jack Plooij and comment the race. 

I think he’s used to be better, but nowadays he’s terrible, but sadly also, the best we have at the moment. So I don’t mind him that much. But given the option, I’d switch to the English commentary.
Jack Plooij however, shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a race track, ever 😄

19 hours ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

I think he’s used to be better, but nowadays he’s terrible, but sadly also, the best we have at the moment. So I don’t mind him that much. But given the option, I’d switch to the English commentary.
Jack Plooij however, shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a race track, ever 😄

He was better yes. But like I said he is doing it alone. If you have the f1 TV app to have already more information. He needs to check everything. Tire lifespan what is happening around the track. All the monitors etc etc. That's the reason the big sky isn't doing it alone. 

Yes Plooij should go back to his office and fixing tooth's... That person shouldn't be giving a podium to open his mount. 

• Agree 1

On 7/1/2020 at 3:59 PM, Wessel112002 said:

Yep, and that said i'm dutch and he also makes a lot of mistakes when commentating for ziggo sport (You Maybe have seen that channel before on tv) @Ho3n3r

Never seen Ziggo or heard of it as it's probably European only so we don't have it here, but I've watched the 90's races where John Watson had to contain himself like a dozen times a race not to call Mol something he shouldn't.

Does this mean we get a dutch technician? or will it be a mix? I wouldn't mind to have it all in dutch if it sounds professionally. I've been playing the F1 games for a decade now so Jeff starts to sound cringeworthy. Everything in dutch might make the game sound and feel fresh.

I know games in Dutch are cringeworthy by themselves but I was watching streams in French and German and the game sounds very different (fresh) from the original game I'm used to.

9 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Does this mean we get a dutch technician? or will it be a mix? I wouldn't mind to have it all in dutch if it sounds professionally. I've been playing the F1 games for a decade now so Jeff starts to sound cringeworthy. Everything in dutch might make the game sound and feel fresh.

I know games in Dutch are cringeworthy by themselves but I was watching streams in French and German and the game sounds very different (fresh) from the original game I'm used to.

I can tell you it is cringe in Dutch sometimes, FIFA for example with dutch commentary. That was just annoying and so cringe that i always had to change it to english to have more fun in playing it. Anyways coming back about the Dutch commentary in the f1 game. I hope they gave olav much freedom in things he had to speak in, but so far he sounds like he reads a book without his own twist on it....😕 i hope some legendary quotes from him are in, for example max verstappen first win in spain, i really hope some sentences from that are in the game🙏