Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tarmac Terrors Update - Now Live

Hahahahaha . . . ain't life priceless, where would "forum world" be without dissatisfaction for the sake of dissatisfaction, lol . . . .
Plenty of good cars in the game - as far as I remember we can still only drive one car at a time - and going from base to masters gives a fair bit of gameplay, plus any other time needed for upgrading each one.
If CM gave us 1000 cars there would still be that "one" which wasn't there and has become a "must have", lol . . .

Does anyone know if the VR support is fixed ? Not mentioned in the patch notes and I won't be able to test for another 12 hours or so. cheers :)

yes i hope the renault 5 is in at some point its one of my fav cars.

can we pls get rid of that annoying noise when a track loads. beeeeeeeep. tad annoying.

also add a free cam in for play backs. many people record and the views you want for recording arent ideal.or atleast let us lock certain views which change in the various cam mode.

dgeesi0 said:
can we pls get rid of that annoying noise when a track loads. beeeeeeeep. tad annoying.
Horrible noise innit.

also add a free cam in for play backs. many people record and the views you want for recording arent ideal.or atleast let us lock certain views which change in the various cam mode.
+1

I don't know if any of you noticed, but Codies seem to have removed most, if not all of the stupid replay camera angles... you know, like the ones that are mounted on the doors facing forwards or backwards towards the wheels. It seems to have been replaced with the chase camera.

Another good thing with this update. I approve.

close in cam from side of car would be great. but free cam where you place it where you want outside is really what is needed.

all the best cams are in the view that changes every so often some of those are very nice .

Am I the only one who is a little disappointed with the sound of the 037? It's missing it's special whining sound from the supercharger - yes I know we are overpriveleged with quality from the game!

Benniz said:
Am I the only one who is a little disappointed with the sound of the 037? It's missing it's special whining sound from the supercharger - yes I know we are overpriveleged with quality from the game!
I felt the same way about the S4, even made a topic about it in the suggestion box - and Codemasters explained how they deal with this stuff:

cmsoundfx said:

1) Find authentic cars (preferably with a pedigree).
2) Car is in good running order and not a museum piece.
3) Owner is willing to transport to a location suitable for recording in the specific manner we need.
4) Owner is willing to do this at a price which does not wipe out the entire budget of the game.

As soon as we find them, we will record. Same for some other cars we have yet to source.

Fix tramac physic its insane that gravel roads have mush more grip and predictability.

Benniz said:
I felt the same way about the S4, even made a topic about it in the suggestion box - and Codemasters explained how they deal with this stuff:

cmsoundfx said:

1) Find authentic cars (preferably with a pedigree).
2) Car is in good running order and not a museum piece.
3) Owner is willing to transport to a location suitable for recording in the specific manner we need.
4) Owner is willing to do this at a price which does not wipe out the entire budget of the game.

As soon as we find them, we will record. Same for some other cars we have yet to source.

Ok but what if this never happens? Isn't there any way to emulate it?

I don't know if any of you noticed, but Codies seem to have removed most, if not all of the stupid replay camera angles... you know, like the ones that are mounted on the doors facing forwards or backwards towards the wheels. It seems to have been replaced with the chase camera.

Really? :(

It was one of my favorite angles, becuase it reminded me of actual WRC cameras.

Thanks for this update dear Dirt Rally Team!
I love the 2 Kitcars and the Opel Kadett is so great to drive and to hear (love the engine sound!)
The Opel Manta 400, Lancia 037 Evo 2 are also very pleasant to drive, a very welcome, add-on.

Just one thing missing in this rally, some vineyard stages.

In general, I enjoy this game so much, (so much nice details put in it), thanks for your work and for the future work by improving this simulation!

Really? :(

It was one of my favorite angles, becuase it reminded me of actual WRC cameras.
Hmmpfff. Well, I cant say I prefer chase cam in a replay. Any replay. Ever. This game and the awesome sounds really deserve a proper broadcast style replay system.

They should revisit Toca 3, we had some very good replay cameras in that game . . . and a game ahead of its time.
Followed by another game, Grid 1, ahead of its time . . .
 . . . and now a game which can join that category, Dirt Rally, why ? 2 reasons . .
1/  It has no competition for that realistic feel visually . .and mainly driver wise.
2/  Finally a game to remove RBR as a "right feel" rally game.
Both Dirt Rally and RBR have a very similar feel with DR being far more refined so ultimately far more satisfying . . . by comparison RBR now feels clumsy.

It would be nice if Codemasters revisited TOCA full stop. How good would a full BTCC game be with today's graphics and physics be?  

Barnestah said:
It would be nice if Codemasters revisited TOCA full stop. How good would a full BTCC game be with today's graphics and physics be?  
Yes that would be nice. Maybe a BTCC/GT game would be good. But anyway, right now we've got DiRT to keep us happy for some time yet!

Did anyone else notice a little deer running across the road or am I seeing things? I only saw it once so far.

Barnestah said:
Yes that would be nice. Maybe a BTCC/GT game would be good. But anyway, right now we've got DiRT to keep us happy for some time yet!
R3E is perfct for GT/Touring car racing at the moment IMO, I hope this team can focus on creating the perfect rallying experience. Luckily, they're well on the way. I would agree with some that the tarmac grip is slightly too high, but in not going to rant and rave about it and I'll trust whatever changes the devs do or don't make.

May I ask whether the two not-yet-possible cars (R5, A110) were originally intended to be in the tarmac pack or if they are the 'two legendary cars' intended for the Finnish pack? No worries either way, I'm just curious as to whether I can speculate or guess as to what those two might be if not. :)

Quality over quantity though, and after a quick blast with these I can see the quality is in abundance; I've never previously experienced a rally game with good RWD behaviour and they're a tonne of fun on all surfaces now I've started to understand how to control them.

I'll review the actual stages a but later, but first impressions are all good.

oprahIE said:
Did anyone else notice a little deer running across the road or am I seeing things? I only saw it once so far.
Seen that deer quite a few times now. Including a few times as it ran behind the car during the replays... another nice touch by CM :smile:

Barnestah said:
R3E is perfct for GT/Touring car racing at the moment IMO, I hope this team can focus on creating the perfect rallying experience. Luckily, they're well on the way. I would agree with some that the tarmac grip is slightly too high, but in not going to rant and rave about it and I'll trust whatever changes the devs do or don't make.

May I ask whether the two not-yet-possible cars (R5, A110) were originally intended to be in the tarmac pack or if they are the 'two legendary cars' intended for the Finnish pack? No worries either way, I'm just curious as to whether I can speculate or guess as to what those two might be if not. :)

Quality over quantity though, and after a quick blast with these I can see the quality is in abundance; I've never previously experienced a rally game with good RWD behaviour and they're a tonne of fun on all surfaces now I've started to understand how to control them.

I'll review the actual stages a but later, but first impressions are all good.
Agree. First time I took the MK2 for a spin I was just in shock with a HUGE grin on my face. First time ever a RWD car actually felt like RWD cars do on loose surfaces. And when you accelerate out of a hairpin, feeling the back end drifting out but still feeling the tires dig in the gravel finding grip while the gravel sprays the bare metal of the underside - wow, just wow. Me so happy  o:)

Malyngo said:
dgeesi0 said:
Maybe I am the only one, but I am glad they added that beep. Previously, often I was starring on the monitor, wondering when it will have ended loading, only to realize that it had already loaded.
This was much too subtle previously. 
I like the fact they have a beep, but don't like the sound they used for it

Malyngo said:
dgeesi0 said:
Maybe I am the only one, but I am glad they added that beep. Previously, often I was starring on the monitor, wondering when it will have ended loading, only to realize that it had already loaded.
Replace the beep with "Be brave" or "Don't cut" ;)

bogani said:
Malyngo said:
dgeesi0 said:
Replace the beep with "Be brave" or "Don't cut" ;)
Also, they need to make the starts like:

"five, four, three, two, one, be brave." :smiley: