Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2020 | UDP Specification

Hey Folks,

Here at simracingstudio we implemented the telemetry a while ago and everything is working fine for PC users

Looks like there is something wrong for PS4 racers:

When I'm parsing the packetId 7:

if header.m_packetId == 7:
       status = PacketCarStatusData.from_buffer_copy(data[0:1344])

I'm getting the following error:

error Buffer size too small (1277 instead of at least 1344 bytes)

This means that the ps4 (different from pc) is sending 1277 bytes instead instead of the 1344 as per documentation: Size: 1344 bytes (Packet updated in Beta 3).

Can you please help me, I have a customer that cannot use his motion platform because of that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, MineXplayPL said:

Is it normal that in multiplayer sessions other players names on PC are just "Player"? Is there any option to see a real player nickname?

I received this issue as well, posted it here. Then realising that this post is under the F1 2019 section for Tech Assistance have now posted in the correct place https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/60346-pc-multiplayer-udp-participant-and-lobby-data-incorrect-name-for-all-player/

Edited by LuckyNoS7evin
Created issue in right place
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I'm doing a university data science project and need as much data as possible from this game, more than I can afford to collect just myself. If anyone could help me out and send me a bunch of data they've collected then that would be great. Cheers

• 3 months later...

Would it be possible to extend telemetry with parameters about the cameras taking the shots and also support replays? Such functionality will be extremely helpful for many AI researchers.