New update - here we go again

Is it just me? After the update my car handles completely different. When I try to take corners the way I’ve done a thousand times before, now I go off track and braking seems to be necessary a lot earlier. I thought it may have been something to do with the official car being updated but the same thing happened with a generic car. Also there seems to be some other changes like drs at the start at Monza.

Yes same here as you felt. but i think the physics is getting better towards realistic. 

The speeds are way higher which is going to require some earlier braking. There is a DRS zone at the start at Spa too, I really overshot the first corner. 

I also reached 231 MPH at Spa, which is 25 more than my previous top speed. 

My god it’s lucrative though. I’ve just collected a Tonne of points and credits for all the leagues I completed in the past

Same here with all the points. Car handling is also different. This results in training again🤔😨😡😂

Good if the ai cars are faster there were some tracks where it was like approaching a road car on the track!

Currently Overshooting corners majority of the time as new setups are being dialed in.  Seems like brakes have been severely “updated”, as in mine aren’t working.  Been playing this game since the absolute beginning and this update/recalibrate car cycle is among the most frustrating perks of this game.   Fortunately the Torpedo Ferrari’s of past updates are gone.

Anyone else finding the new position of the DRS button causing unintended braking? It's now much further to the left. Apart from that, I'm not unhappy with the update. AI in Grid and sprint are less passive than before. It's a risk to overtake them even when it seems safe.

I’m starting to do new personal bests, the only thing I miss is the ability to go from 6 to 1 in grid start before the end of the straight. The AI cars a much stronger now. That means the bad drivers will have a chance again to smash you out of the race before the first corner.

The previous version of this game was the most enjoyable by far. This has like so many other versions removed the enjoyment from playing. Grid and Sprints are smash up Derbies again. Why? When we had the chance to race against "the opponent" and win and win fairly and using skill and timing and braking. Now it has reverted to AI cars being mobile obstacles, just getting in the way with no way around without crashing or being penalised. And the physics of the cars on some tracks is insane. In America, there are a few corners where the brakes simply don't work. Some tracks give new pb's indicating that nothing has been altered, so why change others when there was no need?

I think the new pb’s are likely due to the extra drs zones in those tracks.

DRS are placed at all the wrong places, e.g. DRS just before the hairpin at Spa and no DRS at the Shanghai straight.

The braking is weird.  When racing another car in Qualification Mode - it's as if the brakes have failed.  Just raced someone at Austin - on the corners after straights it's as if I have no brakes when the other car is near me. Then when I go into practice mode and race the same track the brakes are working exactly as they're supposed to. Either they've programmed slip-streams (or gravity wells) into the game or there's a serious coding error.

But apart from that all seems fine and it's getting used to the new settings.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GT9 said:

The braking is weird.  When racing another car in Qualification Mode - it's as if the brakes have failed.  Just raced someone at Austin - on the corners after straights it's as if I have no brakes when the other car is near me. Then when I go into practice mode and race the same track the brakes are working exactly as they're supposed to. Either they've programmed slip-streams (or gravity wells) into the game or there's a serious coding error.

But apart from that all seems fine and it's getting used to the new settings.

I found that increasing brakes and handling improved it.

Problem is the braking is fine in practice mode but entirely different in Race mode.  There's an inconsistency despite having exactly the same settings.

2 hours ago, mobileracingfan said:

DRS are placed at all the wrong places, e.g. DRS just before the hairpin at Spa and no DRS at the Shanghai straight.

If memory serves, quite a few “updates” ago the had a DRS just before the last corner at COTA.  Made for some interesting finishes/grass incursions.  The DRS just before starts is ridiculous.  Placement of DRS should be one of the easiest parts of track recreations.

Just raced Sochi, the point we gain control of the car, 3,2,1, is back prior to the last corner.  Just watched a competitor go straight instead of turning, almost caught me off guard as well

2 hours ago, GT9 said:

Problem is the braking is fine in practice mode but entirely different in Race mode.  There's an inconsistency despite having exactly the same settings.

Just raced someone again at COTA, having practiced the track to test my brakes.  AGAIN, my braking just failed completely and I also seemed to have exaggerated amounts of speed.  There's definitely something wrong with it on IOS.

1 hour ago, mobileracingfan said:

230+mph on the Mexico straight with DRS.  Insane.

232mph down the Kemmel Straight - bizarre.

How can you set a good time on the Spielberg ring in the event if the DRS after the last corner do not work...update this please😡😡

49 minutes ago, Game4ce said:

How can you set a good time on the Spielberg ring in the event if the DRS after the last corner do not work...update this please😡😡

Codemasters have said Austria and Hanoi won't have DRS while they fix some issues.

The main problem in Austria is that you can't validate a qualifying time below 1m and a race time below 3:15.

5 hours ago, G1bby said:

Codemasters have said Austria and Hanoi won't have DRS while they fix some issues.

The main problem in Austria is that you can't validate a qualifying time below 1m and a race time below 3:15.

Ah! That's why I've been having problems validating my final Spielberg time.  Wondered what was going on. Will have to wait till the fix.

3 hours ago, GT9 said:

Ah! That's why I've been having problems validating my final Spielberg time.  Wondered what was going on. Will have to wait till the fix.

Same here.  I was in the zone and just set PR in the final race twice in a row but the results won't post.   The app crashed the first time and then reconnected with the server the second time but with the time missing.  So frustrating. :classic_angry::classic_angry: